Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Cancelled
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
Not sure if this is even possible, but is there a way to set vibrate on/off using this? I'd love a toggle for that. I always keep my phone on my desk in silent mode during work hours.

There's not but there is a setting that'll get you to the sounds page of settings so you can flip the switch.

----------

You are putting way to much work into this, this functionality is already built in!

1 Add app launcher
2 select the built in settings (notice the > pointer to tell you there is a drill down)
3 scroll down to add the individual sub menu you want.
4 Profit

Just select the settings app and it drills down to submenus for you!

This wasn't there when I first downloaded it else I definitely wouldn't have spend an hour googling for the settings! haha. Settings was the first app I looked for on there. Thanks very much though. :)

liteshow

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
Shortcut for Lock screen or Sleep?

I use Assistive Touch, and have to navigate from

Assistive Touch button ->Device -> Lock Screen

Is there a way to create a Lock screen or Sleep short-cut for launcher?

dadiduekappa

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2013
Naples - Italy
you are putting way to much work into this, this functionality is already built in!

1 add app launcher
2 select the built in settings (notice the > pointer to tell you there is a drill down)
3 scroll down to add the individual sub menu you want.
4 profit

just select the settings app and it drills down to submenus for you!

omg :d

Jockrocks

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2014
Anybody know how I could add a link to my Napster App as it's not yet listed ??

Edit... thanks to billchase2 post I tried, Napster://search and it worked

Last edited:

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
What an amazing thread. Anyone know how to make a shorter to specific destinations in waze?? Would love to have Wade Home, Wade Work, Waze Josh's House etc. or if there's a resource to show me how to do this.... Thank you!

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
I've been using the Action Composer feature in Launch Center Pro to get the custom URL schemes. I just added the following to launch Spotify to its search screen:

spotify://search

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011

Attachments

• location-services.jpg
    location-services.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 404

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
I cannot find the native Apple Health app in the list of Launcher, any one know how/where to add this or the path to use?

TruBleu

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
The Hague, Netherlands
Sorry for the dumb question, how do I add icons for each shortcut that I create?
1. Open 'Launcher' app
2. Click on the edit icon on the top right corner
3.Click on the shortcut that you had added earlier and you will be presented with an icon for the shortcut and a text field. Note that the icon could be empty in some cases (for ex, when you add a shortcut for battery usage under 'settings')
4. Click on the icon for the shortcut and add 'app icon'/ 'custom icon' / 'contact icon' / 'combo icon'
5. If you select 'custom icon', you can 'choose photo' or 'take photo'. You can choose a photo from your photo library (I had downloaded a nice image from google images for battery usage). You can choose a circular or a square icon with rounded edges and you can resize the image to fit within the icon shape
6. If you select 'contact icon', the contact picture from 'contacts' app will be used
7. If you select 'combo icon', the contact picture from the 'contacts' app will be used along with the symbol for facetime/facetime audio/phone/message appended at the bottom right of the contact pic...this one is really cool

DravenGSX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
This doesn't seem to be working for me. I add a new launcher (even went the route of adding a new app launcher and selecting the appropriate Settings section and it won't launch. Nothing happens after tapping on it. I have verified that I can add a launcher to other apps without any problems, but nothing in settings.

Does this only work with the pro version?

btkadams

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2012
One of my apps isn't in the list of apps available to set with the app launcher. Am I able to code it using the url thing? How would I write it? I wrote the App Store name of the app with "://" on the end and it didn't work.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
One of my apps isn't in the list of apps available to set with the app launcher. Am I able to code it using the url thing? How would I write it? I wrote the App Store name of the app with "://" on the end and it didn't work.

Contact the developer. I did the same with some apps which were then added.

MacFinnley

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2014
Munich, Germany
You can open Shazam by using "shazam://" but I don't know of a way to make it auto-listen. Soundhound (which I prefer) has a setting to enable that feature.

I just need the Code for the action to listen, not to auto-listen. auto-listen is a separate feature in shazam. no way to do this? :(

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
I just need the Code for the action to listen, not to auto-listen. auto-listen is a separate feature in shazam. no way to do this? :(

Sorry, I forgot that Shazam has that "always listening" mode, which is not what I was referring to. I was referring to making it listen as soon as the app is opened, which I do not know how to do.

coolio93

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
Houston, TX
Anyone know of a shortcut for launcher that can turn wifi calling on and off?

This will be the most useful for me as I'd like to turn wifi calling off when I'm at my house in order to take advantage of being able to make calls from my iPad. At my apartment where I don't get the best signal, I'd like to easily just turn wifi calling on.

Anyone?

rwass87

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
comgooglemaps://?saddr=current+location&daddr=home&directionsmode=driving

This will get you from your current location to home on google maps

sal23

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2009
We need one to toggle "Vibrate on silent"

That would be the best thing ever!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.