Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
hey all! Thought I'd make this so we could share what we're all doing with our notification centre widgets. Apps like Launcher let us put shortcuts to apps etc in there, so let's see what we've all got!

Would be great if we all share the URL Schemes that got us those actions too.

So far, I've got shortcuts to:

- Personal Hotspot (prefs:root=INTERNET_TETHERING)
- Location Services (prefs:root=LOCATION_SERVICES)
- Mobile Data (prefs:root=MOBILE_DATA_SETTINGS_ID)
- Sounds (prefs:root=Sounds)

Some others:
VPN: prefs:root=General&path=VPN
Phone App: mobilephone://
Settings App: prefs:root

In my notification centre. Full control centre switches now! Huzzah.

You can get URL Schemes for apps and such from these sources (they let you create customised actions):

http://handleopenurl.com
http://aijazansari.com/urlschemelist/
http://wiki.akosma.com/IPhone_URL_Schemes
http://schemes.zwapp.com

Hope they help.

Can we make this a wiki/megathread please?

----------

We need one to toggle "Vibrate on silent"

That would be the best thing ever!

swipe up to control center and use do not disturb (moon icon)

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Would anyone want to see a mini view for launcher - effectively adding 4 x the amount of shortcuts in the same space. I would be happy if this was included in the pro version. The text below the icons could even be turned off to increase the icon size a little...

Attachments

• minilauncher.png
    minilauncher.png
    250.2 KB · Views: 431

lyleberman

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2007
Annapolis, MD
keyboard shortcuts

Anyone figure out a URL to get to the Keyboard text shortcuts?
Tried prefs:root=General&path=KeyboardShortcuts and various other combos.

kegsofduff

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
I would definitely like to see this. I already set it up with no labels and would love to have smaller icons with more visible just like the mockup.
I am considering buying the pro version so this would be even better :)

Would anyone want to see a mini view for launcher - effectively adding 4 x the amount of shortcuts in the same space. I would be happy if this was included in the pro version. The text below the icons could even be turned off to increase the icon size a little...

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
Sure, how do I do that? :/

I think if you edit your first post there's a checkbox to make it a wiki

----------

this is the most useful launcher for me

you can set multiple waze launchers to automatically start routing to a predefined lat/long point.

you can't have it set to your favorites, but if you get the latitude and longitude of your favorites destinations you just enter them here:

waze://?ll=***,***&navigate=yes

replace the first *** with the latitude and the second *** with the longitude

you can get lat long on google maps (desktop only) by rightclicking on the map and selecting "what's here?"

there are for sure apps out there that give you lat long on your phone as well

sunfire7

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
If the phone is locked and you bring notification center, and then click on a launcher call shortcut, do you have to unlock your phone via code or touch id to work?

Dicholscrn

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2009
Did this app get pulled from the store? Can't seem to find it searching all the suggested searches in this thread and/or the developer. I want this app badly.

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011

Yes! Current ones are are too big compare to my other widget infos.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Crazy. One of the few apps I was excited about with iOS 8. Let's all email tcook@apple.com and complain. An app that makes their system more approachable and they pull it. This is the kind of thing that annoys me about Apple.

Last edited:

nwlondonlad

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
UK London
Such a shame that they have taken this off but not surprised. Apple will probably introduce this as theirs in iOS 10.

Has anyone got a shortcut path for battery usage?

Cheers.

Phillybizzle

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2014
**** sake, Apple.

I downloaded it on iPad, does that mean I can install it on my iPhone when I get my 6+?

Antra

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2014
what I didn't understand is if is possible to retrive the url without being the developer of the native app...
I'd like to add an url that opens iNet app and could point the devices i registered in it and wake them on lan.
Could anyone give me more info please?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.