Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

DARKiLLUSiON

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
Toronto, Canada
I was testing it within the app, and not the widget in the notification bar.
Working now. Thanks everyone

No problem! Glad we could help but man I hope we get an update soon because every single short cuts' icon is a safari icon. I won't be able to tell them apart if it wasn't for the name lol

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
apple seriously allows this but not launcher?

For the time being Quick-Tap (Free, in-app purchase 1,99 dollar) hasn't been removed yet by Apple. But I'm afraid that if the developer sends an update to Apple for bug fixes and feature updates (as they described on their website) that Apple could reject it and even remove it from the App Store too. I hope not but this could be.

There is also still GestLaunch + Widget (2,99 dollar) which also has a feature to quickly go to e.g. WIFI settings, tweet however there is no feature to adjust or add icons or add a quicklink to send an sms/e-mail/message to a specific contact such as Quick-Tap can. It only has the gesture feature to do this but this is not related to the widget.

ahmede

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
Anyone have a different path for Notes
This link takes you to icloud

prefs:root=NOTES

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands

I have the same issue as user 'ahmede' has and can't find a link on the internet to:

- open Apple Notes app
- create a new Note in the Notes app

I'm also wondering if someone know a working link to post a new Facebook message (I checked e.g. here and here). I tried:

fb://publish/?text=
fb://publish/?text=text here
fb://post/

But it only brings me to the Facebook app but doesn't open the window to create a new post/message.
I'm using Quick-Tap which works similar as Launcher.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
No one who is able to answer our questions related to creating a new note or check and existing note quickly?

Or to post a facebook message?

I'm also wondering if there is a way to quickly Shuffle music. I couldn't find it on the websites mentioned in the start post or in this topic.

I will try out tonight if this works on my iPad mini retina:
prefs:root=MUSIC&path=Shuffle

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands

To go directly to Apple Notes you need to use:
mobilenotes://

This works great with Quick-tap on my iPad mini retina running 8.1.1
I couldn't find anything about it on the Apple developer page or anywhere else on the internet how to create a new note. Most website were saying that there wasn't/isn't even an URL scheme for Apple Notes.

I also found out a way to immidately play & shuffle music via notification center:
First set Shuffle in your Apple Music App.
Then open Quick-tap and add new > in there is an option to select Music and then choose the tracks select of few tracks or tick of all tracks at once (a created musiclist doesn't seem to work).

This is quick way to go to the Apple Music app (this doesn't start your music but only opens the Apple Music app):
music://

Last edited:

ahmede

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
To go directly to Apple Notes you need to use:
mobilenotes://

This works great with Quick-tap on my iPad mini retina running 8.1.1
I couldn't find anything about it on the Apple developer page or anywhere else on the internet how to create a new note. Most website were saying that there wasn't/isn't even an URL scheme for Apple Notes.

I also found out a way to immidately play & shuffle music via notification center:
First set Shuffle in your Apple Music App.
Then open Quick-tap and add new > in there is an option to select Music and then choose the tracks select of few tracks or tick of all tracks at once (a created musiclist doesn't seem to work).

This is quick way to go to the Apple Music app (this doesn't start your music but only opens the Apple Music app):
music://

Thanks. Working perfectly

dimzen

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2011
Denmark
Anyone know the path to Sim-apps?

Tried with:
prefs:root=Phone&path=SIM
prefs:root=Phone&path=SIM-apps
prefs:root=Phone&path=SIMapps

They only go into Settings -> Phone, but not into SIM-apps :/

EDIT:
Got it.. it was:
prefs:root=Phone&path=SIMToolkit

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
It seems that Quick-tap was pulled from AppStore :(

It a shame indeed that it was removed by Apple after they tried to release a great update for it.

I did notice that Cromulent Labs (from Launcher) was able to release a Music Launcher widget and there is also a Japanese Quick-Tap/Launcher alternative (in Japanse language only unfortunately). See the central widget topic start post and my post here.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
I'm looking for a launcher to take me to the notifications tabs in settings, any idea how to do that?

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Well, got my Workflow stuff in it. :D I had to make a Workflow to crop the icons to put them in Launcher.

Here's how you'd do it for an iPhone 5S:

Select Photos action

Crop Image action with the following settings:
Position: Custom
X Coordinate: 170
Y Coordinate: 233
Width: 300
Height: 300

Save to Photo Album action (I have mine saved to an album called Workflow)

You'll have to play with them a bit to get them aligned the way you want them.

BTW... If you're pulling the URLs from Launch Center Pro, remember to remove the {{ and }} as that's their own thing.

Attachments

• IMG_1643.png
    IMG_1643.png
    489.2 KB · Views: 302
Reactions: gaanee

dadiduekappa

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2013
Naples - Italy
Well, got my Workflow stuff in it. :D I had to make a Workflow to crop the icons to put them in Launcher.

Here's how you'd do it for an iPhone 5S:

Select Photos action

Crop Image action with the following settings:
Position: Custom
X Coordinate: 170
Y Coordinate: 233
Width: 300
Height: 300

Save to Photo Album action (I have mine saved to an album called Workflow)

You'll have to play with them a bit to get them aligned the way you want them.

BTW... If you're pulling the URLs from Launch Center Pro, remember to remove the {{ and }} as that's their own thing.
How to open document picker?

MarcoCapa

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2013
As opposed to swiping up from the bottom?

No because probably he doesn't have control center in lock screen like me... if you use it in lock screen a thief can easily deactivate 3g by putting in airplane mode... if you use touch id ( especially with more then 4 digit number code) and then control center is much more safer... Apple should definitely allow customization in control center... Correct me if I'm wrong ;)

So flashlight URL please and Hotspot on or off please ( I already have hotspot URL in use)
Thank you

rbitman

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2008
App Catalogger

I'm glad that Apple allowed the "Launcher" app to return. I've searched but have never found one app that I'd think a lot of people would use. The idea is an App that catalogs all your currently installed Apps and allows them to be put in categories like "Photography". It could pull from the App store descriptions of the apps. I have several dozen photography apps and after I don't use them for a while, I've forgotten what they are or do and the names are usually of no help. Just a nice App showing what is installed with a few lines and the ability to put them in categories, then launch them from a tap within the app itself. Anybody know of anything like this now or is it even possible?

boabmatic

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
scotland
Just installed launcher as it was removed before I could install it.

trying to set up a an icon for Personal Hotspot (prefs:root=INTERNET_TETHERING) but getting an error "Sorry Unable to open given Launcher"

I've got this set up in quicktap fine but not working in launcher?

EDIT :-
got it sorted the error is reported when trying to press the icon within the launcher app but when I open the widget and hit the icon it works fine.

Last edited:

Simbadda

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
Just installed launcher as it was removed before I could install it.

trying to set up a an icon for Personal Hotspot (prefs:root=INTERNET_TETHERING) but getting an error "Sorry Unable to open given Launcher"

I've got this set up in quicktap fine but not working in launcher?

EDIT :-
got it sorted the error is reported when trying to press the icon within the launcher app but when I open the widget and hit the icon it works fine.

b00fc775fa5fc95f831db8fcd647171a.jpg

No need to create a custom launcher for that, it's already built-in.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
How to open document picker?

Pick File action and Open In... Action with "Show Open In Menu" checked in Workflow.

I'm glad that Apple allowed the "Launcher" app to return. I've searched but have never found one app that I'd think a lot of people would use. The idea is an App that catalogs all your currently installed Apps and allows them to be put in categories like "Photography". It could pull from the App store descriptions of the apps. I have several dozen photography apps and after I don't use them for a while, I've forgotten what they are or do and the names are usually of no help. Just a nice App showing what is installed with a few lines and the ability to put them in categories, then launch them from a tap within the app itself. Anybody know of anything like this now or is it even possible?

If they have URL schemes, then Launch Center Pro will work nicely, but a lot don't. I used to do this on Android with Apex Launcher, but I don't really care that much about it on iOS. I also got myself down to two photo apps - One for shooting, one for editing. Photo apps are fun, but you soon find out you never use most of them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.