Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
But still not sticky?
[doublepost=1559873489][/doublepost]It's not frivolous. How would a blind person know that FaceID has activated?

Hit the report button to request the mods to make this sticky. If it were we’d have a lot more items listed. This is more important for iOS 13 than any earlier update just due to the volume of features introduced.

dcp10

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Saving Facebook to Home screen in Safari creates an actual dedicated page outside of Safari. This is great since I ditched the FB app years ago I would often have several FB open by the end of the day

macOS Lynx

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2019
Private Mode got a redesign. In light mode, the status bar and bottom bar remain white but the URL bar turns gray. In dark mode, they both become just a darker gray.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
Saving Facebook to Home screen in Safari creates an actual dedicated page outside of Safari. This is great since I ditched the FB app years ago I would often have several FB open by the end of the day

That's going to be great for commonly used google docs etc.

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
Do all the old multi-touch gestures still work in iPadOS 13?

I.e. 4 finger swipe up to go to multitasking/spaces, 4 finger swipe left and right to switch between apps and 4 finger pinch to go to homescreen.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
When you say lightning, do you mean natively lightning a la the Sandisk iXpand? Do they just show up in files directly without an issue?

Sorry, I'll have to edit that post, clearly I wasn't paying attention. My iPad Pro only has USB-C, so I cant natively test Lightning with it. You'd Imagine they should show up in Files, but this is Apple we're talking about, I wouldn't be that surprised if they implemented a USB stack and left their own protocol out.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
Sorry, I'll have to edit that post, clearly I wasn't paying attention. My iPad Pro only has USB-C, so I cant natively test Lightning with it. You'd Imagine they should show up in Files, but this is Apple we're talking about, I wouldn't be that surprised if they implemented a USB stack and left their own protocol out.

Fingers crossed someone else can come along to test! I'd pick one up for travelling if I could load it up with movies etc. and share it between ipads/iphones

Last edited:

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Fingers crossed someone else can come along to test! I'd pick one up for travelling if I could load it up with movies etc. and share it between ipads/iphones

It would certainly be handy for such things. Though I’m probably still going to stick with my MobileLite for such tasks (and streaming of course), it’s just easier.

If I could find all of my damn dongles and drives I could test further, but the office is a complete disaster zone just now because I’ve been moving it around.

brar.arsh

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
In ios 13 When an app is using location on background, it now shows up on the map with precise points on map where it got access.
https://twitter.com/brararsh/status/1137036484714913792

IMG_9128.PNG

CopyChief

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2007
Have we determined yet if this feature is available for first gen AirPods? There's been a lot of back and forth on this, but no definitive reply that I've seen.

It does not appear to work with 1st Gen AirPods, as I do not have the option (on an XS, just installed the beta today).
(Preparing for someone else to chime in with a report that it does work with their 1st gens.)

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
Here’s another new one: recommendations on where you can offload apps to reduce storage.

ea53eacca901382f85150154df56dd99.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.