Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
I have the 1st gen and the option popped up to enable the feature when I connected them...so idk what to believe lol

The iMore site has confirmed that this is in fact going to work with Gen 1. It is odd that the website says differently

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
Siri suggestions are definitely better in 13.

Maybe a little too much so... it just suggested I might want to adjust my wake up alarm due to tomorrow being...Flag Day! A great holiday, to be sure, but unfortunately not one where I’ll get to snooze later.

National Hot Dog Day? Definitely!

Reactions: Wide opeN

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
now that they change 3d touch with long touch, how you can make an app to move it or delete it?

Matt T

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2005
Australia
I think this is new: when restoring your phone, you can prioritize which apps download first.

91b9e898383a76f908457e06175b5d27.jpg
Not new, as others have said, but this is now available on the iPad and iPhone XR/SE (this was previously limited to devices with 3D Touch).

Reactions: gwhizkids

liquidnonsense

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
Rhode Island, USA
The way CarPlay orders its dock icons has changed. Instead of just being listed in order of most recently opened and changing each time you open a new app, they tend to stay where they are and only selectively replace themselves.

If I'm not mistaken, Maps is always on top, then the middle one is your most recently used audio app (Music, Spotify, Podcasts, Audible, etc.) and the bottom one is your most recently used non-audio app (Settings, Calendar, etc.) For example, if your dock is currently Maps, Music, and Calendar (top to bottom) and then you open Podcasts, the Music icon will disappear and be replaced with Podcasts, the other icons stay where they are.

Also, the current app in use isn't enlarged anymore, they're all the same size.

I actually like this change, no more loops of accidentally hitting the wrong app over and over as they re-order themselves as you're trying to keep your eyes on the road.

Reactions: gwhizkids

digitalfx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2007
a couple new features I didn't see documented:
1- When taking a photo of a document that contains a URL, you now get a popup asking you if you want to load the URL in Safari
2- When walking into the Apple Store w/ iOS 13, a new pop up appears asking you to open a new profile page listing all your devices, appointments and past purchases.

jcphoenix

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2009
Ottawa
Is there a way to take an app on the home screen and drag it into Split View or another multitasking view now or is that now gone? It used to be that you dragged the app onto the icon of another app on the dock which would open that app, and allow you to put the app you're dragging around into Split View on the side. Now it just tries to create a folder in the Dock...

I can't figure out a way now to use any of the apps on the home screen that are not in the Dock in Split View unless you open them first and drag one of the apps on the Dock onto them. If both your apps are only on the home screen, then I'm assuming it's impossible to get them into Split View or am I missing something?

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Is there a way to take an app on the home screen and drag it into Split View or another multitasking view now or is that now gone? It used to be that you dragged the app onto the icon of another app on the dock which would open that app, and allow you to put the app you're dragging around into Split View on the side. Now it just tries to create a folder in the Dock...

I can't figure out a way now to use any of the apps on the home screen that are not in the Dock in Split View unless you open them first and drag one of the apps on the Dock onto them. If both your apps are only on the home screen, then I'm assuming it's impossible to get them into Split View or am I missing something?

There's a bug at the moment (at least I hope it's a bug) that prevents doing what you're describing. I haven't found time to do it yet but I well log feedback tonight or tomorrow.

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014

I haven’t got the beta and it sounds like there might be a bug with this....
but in iOS 11 you couldn’t drag an icon from the homescreen onto a dock icon to open it. Infact it tried to place it on the dock or create a folder just like your experience. In iOS 11 you had to grab/drag the icon slightly (no need to actually drag onto the dock) and then press on the dock icon with another finger. Does this method work?

Last edited:
Reactions: jcphoenix

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
Here are what appears to be new features with the screen recording function: the ability to broadcast live to certain apps

c020575263d29a9bd49a15b3d5f4a729.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.