Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
I haven’t got the beta and it sounds like there might be a bug with this....
but in iOS 11 you couldn’t drag an icon from the homescreen onto a dock icon to open it. Infact it tried to place it on the dock or create a folder just like your experience. In iOS 11 you had to grab/drag the icon slightly (no need to actually drag onto the dock) and then press on the dock icon with another finger. Does this method work?

No it doesn't. The issue is that in iOS 12 you used to be able pick up an icon from the home screen without entering wiggle mode. When you did that you could then tap an icon on the dock or the home screen to start it, then drop the icon you picked up originally over it to enter multitasking. Now if you'd pressed that original icon longer in iOS 12 then you would have entered wiggle mode and tapping any other icon would have started creating a stack of icons under the original finger so that you can move them all together. Currently in 13 you cannot do the former, since as soon as you move an icon on the home screen you enter wiggle mode and can only build stacks.

I've been meaning to report it for days but will do it right now.

Edit: done. And sorry for the off-topic in this thread gwhizkids.

Last edited:

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
No it doesn't. The issue is that in iOS 12 you used to be able pick up an icon from the home screen without entering wiggle mode. When you did that you could then tap an icon on the dock or the home screen to start it, then drop the icon you picked up originally over it to enter multitasking. Now if you'd pressed that original icon longer in iOS 12 then you would have entered wiggle mode and tapping any other icon would have started creating a stack of icons under the original finger so that you can move them all together. Currently in 13 you cannot do the former, since as soon as you move an icon on the home screen you enter wiggle mode and can only build stacks.

I've been meaning to report it for days but will do it right now.

Edit: done. And sorry for the off-topic in this thread gwhizkids.

No apologies needed. That behavior counts as a “ Little Thing”!

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
E3BB1EB0-2BA9-4EFC-B070-B7451CB9944E.jpeg

Never saw this before. Why now some apps have yellow hourglass icon now? Definitely not there in iOS 12.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I think that means You have hit your screen time limit for that class of app for the day. Or is that a blue hourglass? If so, maybe it means you’re close to the limit?
Interesting. After locking and unlocking the iPhone, I don’t see those yellow/blue hourglass anymore. Perhaps it is a bug? I cannot find the correlation between apps I have requested more time and app categories.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
No apologies needed. That behavior counts as a “ Little Thing”!

My case was marked with "Recent similar reports: none" and "Resolution: open" o_O. I hope that's just sloppy initial classification, otherwise it does not bode well for the feedback they are getting.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
My case was marked with "Recent similar reports: none" and "Resolution: open" o_O. I hope that's just sloppy initial classification, otherwise it does not bode well for the feedback they are getting.

All of my reports are labeled that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: QuarterSwede

fredrik9

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2018
Sweden
Are the animations any faster when putting apps side-by-side? I have noticed in videos that the side-by-side appears to default to 50/50 for each app instead of 80/20 like on iOS 12. That is a welcome change.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
It seems that iOS 13 treats Safari multiple windows as if there are more than one instances of Safari app. Either triggering expose or swiping the home bar can switch Safari window just fine. Have a feeling this is the case for other “maybe-soon-to-be-supported” apps in the future.

furbzv1

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2014
Noticed the volume slider is different when watching a video in safari. Don’t remember seeing this on beta 1.
5a20f7c2cec1f0761ffb73b8a0c5e770.jpg

BritishApple

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2016
Slide over/Split View is very erratic on iPad Pro 10.5 (beta 2) ... bug submitted. Also can’t slide the floating app off the side of the screen. When dragging the floating app up to change it to Split View, it varies where on the screen I need to place the app for Slide Over to be initiated.

I am however, impressed by the 3D Touch style shortcuts on iPad. Didn’t expect them to make an appearance. General performance on iPad Pro 10.5 is very, very smooth.

liquidnonsense

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
Rhode Island, USA
A number of Beta2 changes to CarPlay:
  • (Already mentioned) Album art now displays on the Now Playing screen, previous/pause/next icons have shrunk to make room for it.
  • The bars in the "Now Playing" icon are now a red-purple color gradient, rather than just blue
  • When using turn-by-turn navigation, your ETA is now displayed in a floating box over the map when on the Dashboard view. (Previously ETA didn't display on the dashboard.)
(Also visible in these screenshots is a Beta1 glitch that still hasn't been fixed - the overlapping text in the Dashboard's navigation directions. Luckily this isn't present when you enter the full Maps app.)

Attachments

• IMG_0965.PNG
    IMG_0965.PNG
    61.6 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0970.PNG
    IMG_0970.PNG
    151.9 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Reactions: MozMan68

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
A number of Beta2 changes to CarPlay:
  • (Already mentioned) Album art now displays on the Now Playing screen, previous/pause/next icons have shrunk to make room for it.
  • The bars in the "Now Playing" icon are now a red-purple color gradient, rather than just blue
  • When using turn-by-turn navigation, your ETA is now displayed in a floating box over the map when on the Dashboard view. (Previously ETA didn't display on the dashboard.)
(Also visible in these screenshots is a Beta1 glitch that still hasn't been fixed - the overlapping text in the Dashboard's navigation directions. Luckily this isn't present when you enter the full Maps app.)
I noticed the change in color in the Now Playing this morning. Is that a permanent change or a situational change (something's playing)? I'm not a big fan of the new Now Playing icon in any event. Not intuitive what it means. Looks like a drill.

Reactions: MozMan68

Alhagar

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2015
Is this new in walking directions on Maps.app where it darkens the blue as you walk (or drive?)
upload_2019-6-20_16-45-27.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.