Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I still don’t have any idea what case to get for the iPad 11”

A clear tpu would be nice but I hear the ones out are trash

Ztotop’s clear polycarbonate back and smart
Cover like front looks like the best holdover for $13 on amazon but I’d love a case that isn’t just a holdover

Porterhouse

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2011
USA
There is no problem with removing the iPad from the 3M strips. You can watch the video on the Pad & Quill website where they demonstrate this. Their quality is excellent as well as their customer service.

I'll go back and watch the video--thank you!

Yes. It said it would ship the week of December 3rd. I'll also assess the stability of the attachment.

I'm very close to getting this one; I love the look of the leather. But now I'm thinking about the Dodo case too.

Rck1984

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2017
The Netherlands
Usually not fond of asking for a sticky, but could a mod be so kind and sticky this thread?

There is a lot of individual threads popping up, while its a lot easier to ask for and/or find information in one general thread, just like we had with the previous iPad Pro’s?

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
I'll go back and watch the video--thank you!

I'm very close to getting this one; I love the look of the leather. But now I'm thinking about the Dodo case too.

Having (or had) both I would recommend the following: The P&Q case can be removed and attached multiple times from the adhesive, but it’s really designed to be left in the case. Multiple re-attachments will eventually weaken the adhesive (maybe the website can give estimates on how many times). The Dodo case can be easily popped out of and back into the plastic tray.

If you think you’ll need to remove the iPad on a regular basis, I’d recommend Dodo over P& Q.

Reactions: Porterhouse

Porterhouse

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2011
USA
Having (or had) both I would recommend the following: The P&Q case can be removed and attached multiple times from the adhesive, but it’s really designed to be left in the case. Multiple re-attachments will eventually weaken the adhesive (maybe the website can give estimates on how many times). The Dodo case can be easily popped out of and back into the plastic tray.

If you think you’ll need to remove the iPad on a regular basis, I’d recommend Dodo over P& Q.

Actually, upon further reflection I don't think I would be taking it in and out as much as I originally thought. I think I'm going with the Pad and Quill.

Reactions: jazz1

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
This is the one I ordered. It seems like it’s very similar to the official Apple Smart Folio. It attaches to iPad with magnets and is slim with no bulk. The reviews seem to be good too. Unfortunately it’s not available in the UK so I’ve had to order it through Amazon Global to be shipped from the US via their US site. Hopefully it’s good. It’s made by ESR.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07HQCDYTK

Shadow Jolteon

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2018
This is the one I ordered. It seems like it’s very similar to the official Apple Smart Folio. It attaches to iPad with magnets and is slim with no bulk. The reviews seem to be good too. Unfortunately it’s not available in the UK so I’ve had to order it through Amazon Global to be shipped from the US via their US site. Hopefully it’s good. It’s made by ESR.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07HQCDYTK
I was actually going to post about this folio in this thread today!

I bought it a few days ago, and when opening it up I was initially a bit worried about the quality, since it is fairly thin. After putting it on the iPad, though, I realized it's pretty much identical to the Apple folio, and seems to match the quality. The only major difference I could find with this case is that there is a small, barely noticeable logo imprinted on the front, but this doesn't really bother me at all. Overall, I really like this case and I'm glad I didn't spend money on the Apple case when this one seems to be just as nice.

Reactions: Mr.C

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I was actually going to post about this folio in this thread today!

I bought it a few days ago, and when opening it up I was initially a bit worried about the quality, since it is fairly thin. After putting it on the iPad, though, I realized it's pretty much identical to the Apple folio, and seems to match the quality. The only major difference I could find with this case is that there is a small, barely noticeable logo imprinted on the front, but this doesn't really bother me at all. Overall, I really like this case and I'm glad I didn't spend money on the Apple case when this one seems to be just as nice.

That’s really good to know. I’m glad you posted your comments here. It’s hard to tell from the images online as to what the quality is like. I’ve been impressed with ESR’s products before and I thought I would give this one a go as it’s a fraction of the official folio case and looked very similar. The logo doesn’t bother me either. Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow although I still haven’t bought the iPad yet. I was waiting for this to arrive. It’s good to know that I made a good choice judging by your comments.

Reactions: Shadow Jolteon

Shadow Jolteon

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2018
Hmmm.... I think this might be the same as the ESR case and it’s cheaper as well as ships from within the UK.

Ztotop Case for iPad pro 11 inch 2018,Ultra Slim Smart Magnetic Back,Trifold Stand Protective Cover with Auto Wake/Sleep for 2018 iPad Pro 11 inch A1980 A1934 A2013 A1979,Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KC1ZTQ5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_sIVbCb1QF85SQ
That one is very similar, and I was considering it at first until I noticed it is PU leather. The ESR case has similar materials to the Apple case. That case also just looks cheaper (in quality) to me overall judging from the pictures.

hectorvs

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2011
I got this Moko case for the iPad 12.9 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H86GWKW/

Practically the same as the Apple Folio in quality, the only difference is that it’s considerably heavier...

for the 12.9, moko case is 344g, regular folio is 242g, so... considerably more weight.

don’t have the details for the 11” right now but I don’t think the extra weight matters as much because the iPad is smaller and lighter.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I got this Moko case for the iPad 12.9 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H86GWKW/

Practically the same as the Apple Folio in quality, the only difference is that it’s considerably heavier...

for the 12.9, moko case is 344g, regular folio is 242g, so... considerably more weight.

don’t have the details for the 11” right now but I don’t think the extra weight matters as much because the iPad is smaller and lighter.

The extra weight on the 11” would still matter as it’s all relative. Personally I want things as light as possible.

Reactions: flur

Enclavean

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2018
Usually not fond of asking for a sticky, but could a mod be so kind and sticky this thread?

There is a lot of individual threads popping up, while its a lot easier to ask for and/or find information in one general thread, just like we had with the previous iPad Pro’s?

I dont really understand why the 10.5" thread is still stickied, i had to scroll for too long before finding this thread

Reactions: Mr.C and Rck1984

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I dont really understand why the 10.5" thread is still stickied, i had to scroll for too long before finding this thread

I agree. The 10.5” thread should really be unstickied and replaced with this 11” thread. Maybe it would get more input then.

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
What's a good sleeve to fit the 11" and Smart Folio Keyboard? I've noticed there's a bit of 'grip' when I try to fit it in my 8 year old Herschel sleeve I used back when I had the iPad 2... so perhaps I should get an upgrade.

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
I agree. The 10.5” thread should really be unstickied and replaced with this 11” thread. Maybe it would get more input then.
I reported your comment to the mods asking if they'd make the post a sticky. Generally they don't see posts unless someone brings it to their attention.

Reactions: Rck1984 and Mr.C

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012
What's a good sleeve to fit the 11" and Smart Folio Keyboard? I've noticed there's a bit of 'grip' when I try to fit it in my 8 year old Herschel sleeve I used back when I had the iPad 2... so perhaps I should get an upgrade.
I’m disappointed in Hershel that they haven’t updated their sleeve sizes since the iPad Air. I love the Hershel sleeve I had for my Air 2 and would buy another in a heartbeat if they made one to fit the 11”

kingalien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
Earth
Here is a basic sleeve I’ve been using. Snug fit for the 11 with ASK
https://www.amazon.com/MoKo-Compati...4155238&sr=8-5&keywords=MoKo+9-10+sleeve&th=1
6B9C9DA2-F771-4EA7-A58D-89823BA31EFB.jpeg 5C3F296A-74E6-4C78-B53A-CFCB7743BD1F.jpeg

Reactions: Ladyc0524 and gjr74

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2017
I just got the cheap Timovo folio in a nice purple color. It makes me happy! I can be a bit of an Apple accessory snob, but I’m sold.

Porterhouse

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2011
USA

I don't have one (at least, not yet), but Waterfield's Sleevecase has gotten good reviews on this site and has room for both. https://www.sfbags.com/collections/ipad-pro-sleeves-and-bags. I'm considering it, but it looks thick for my purposes, as I'd want a sleeve that I could put inside my other bag if needed (which is a Waterfield).

Word is that Apple's leather sleeve for the 10.5 will fit the new 11 and folio. I've been thinking about that one, especially since Target has some on clearance, but I haven't bitten the bullet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.