Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Looking good. Is the back cover soft TPU or had polycarbonate?

It's hard polycarbonate. I'm not really keen on the soft TPU ones as they don't offer as much protection. It may well be a stop gap for me as its frosted and not totally clear. If I find a better one ideally from one of the bigger more well known brands which is totally clear I may switch to that.

I like using clear back cases or covers as it shows of the colour. I don't see the point of getting a specific colour iPad if I can't show it off.

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
It's hard polycarbonate. I'm not really keen on the soft TPU ones as they don't offer as much protection. It may well be a stop gap for me as its frosted and not totally clear. If I find a better one ideally from one of the bigger more well known brands which is totally clear I may switch to that.

I like using clear back cases or covers as it shows of the colour. I don't see the point of getting a specific colour iPad if I can't show it off.

That case looks nice maybe I will get it from amazon(Im in the US) can you link me to it..I have the apple silicone case(Backing) but what sucks about it is that its really hard to press the volume control on it you really have to press hard

HiItsMe

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
That case looks nice maybe I will get it from amazon(Im in the US) can you link me to it..I have the apple silicone case(Backing) but what sucks about it is that its really hard to press the volume control on it you really have to press hard
I wonder if you got a bum case somehow. My volume buttons aren't difficult at all.

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
Canada
I'm trying to get my hands on an Urban Armor case off amazon.ca but they're so far back ordered its ridiculous, estimated not to arrive until June.

Ortiz7983

Suspended
Aug 6, 2012
Got my 5 year old a ipp 9.7 with Apple silicone cover, Smart Keyboard, and the Apple Pencil. Damn this bitch looks sexy. Now I'm thinking of getting me the 12.9 ipp and the same setup.
d31ed07d0818f30536007b458b12c363.jpg
31bfa27f2b8d95c4f72aff8f4820bb09.jpg
aba7b66fcc5ef10e60a7b26b3226345a.jpg

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
Got my 5 year old a ipp 9.7 with Apple silicone cover, Smart Keyboard, and the Apple Pencil. Damn this bitch looks sexy. Now I'm thinking of getting me the 12.9 ipp and the same setup.
d31ed07d0818f30536007b458b12c363.jpg
31bfa27f2b8d95c4f72aff8f4820bb09.jpg
aba7b66fcc5ef10e60a7b26b3226345a.jpg

I have the same layout except my back case is pink..how do you keep the keyboard case clean on the front, mine seems to always be attracting some sort of dust and I have to keep on cleaning it with a dry cloth

Ortiz7983

Suspended
Aug 6, 2012
I have the same layout except my back case is pink..how do you keep the keyboard case clean on the front, mine seems to always be attracting some sort of dust and I have to keep on cleaning it with a dry cloth
I honestly don't know how he does it. I haven't cleaned it since I got it for him.

simbany1

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2011
Just got the SF Bags iPad SleeveCase yesterday. $59 dollars. It's nice and I think I'm going to keep it. I really like the look of it. Although, I do have a Pack & Smooch sleeve that just shipped to me in dark grey and that one looks a little nicer in my opinion. Here's some pics of the SF Bags sleeve if anyone is interested. My only complaint on this sleeve is the velcro...wish it had been a magnet closure instead.

Been looking at both of these exact sleeves that you got. Which one did you decide to keep? Is the Waterfield sleeve much bulkier than the Pack and Smooch? Still trying to decide which one to buy.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Thanks
What do you think of this case..I might end up getting this one because the volume control is exposed, just not sure about the rubber sides
http://www.amazon.com/iPad-Case-LUV...01A2YH218/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

It looks pretty good. Luvvitt is generally a good brand. However the responses in the other similar thread here ...

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...or-your-smart-keyboard.1968861/#post-22824655

Seem to indicate it's not well designed. I have a screen protector on my iPad and the last thing I want is for it to peel or lift off because of the back case. My MoKo frosted transparent case seems to be fairing very well so far so I may stick with it at least for now.

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
Been looking at both of these exact sleeves that you got. Which one did you decide to keep? Is the Waterfield sleeve much bulkier than the Pack and Smooch? Still trying to decide which one to buy.

Haven't gotten the Pack and Smooch one yet. It's taking a little bit for it to get here from Germany! It's on the East Coast right now so hoping it'll get here in the next couple of days. I'll post pics when it arrives!

simbany1

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2011
Haven't gotten the Pack and Smooch one yet. It's taking a little bit for it to get here from Germany! It's on the East Coast right now so hoping it'll get here in the next couple of days. I'll post pics when it arrives!

That would be great to see which one you like better. Trying to get an idea on the bulk between the two. Just got the ASK and the Moko matte transparent back cover and really like the combination. Keyboard takes a bit getting used to but the convenience of it is unmatched.

Stuck a pen loop to the back of the Moko and now I have everything together. Just need to find the perfect sleeve to carry it all in.

Javabird

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
I got the apple pink silicone case(Back) plus the apple keyboard case, the only issue I see is that with the keyboard case, sometimes it gets stuck to the ipad, and its hard to open, and I notice with the volume control on the site sometimes its difficult to press the button to make it higher or lower you have to press really hard on the case
Are you happy with it overall? I was tempted to get one with my keyboard cover but thought it might add too much bulk.

I have the same setup, with the green case. I usually prefer leather so I wasn't sure if I would like the silicone, but I have to say the Apple case is really very nice and feels smooth to the touch. It's also very light. I love it. I haven't noticed any problem with dust personally. The fact that it sticks is a plus to me so it doesn't flop open easily, but I find it easy to open from the corner. You do have to press hard for the volume buttons, but I usually use the volume up/down buttons on my earbuds so that's not an issue for me (though the leather case on my iPad Air had the same issue).

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
Just got my Pack & Smooch sleeve this afternoon and it's great! Really nice build quality. Slimmer than the SF Bags sleeve (which is still nice btw). This one holds my iPad Pro, Pencil, USB cable and Logitech Keys to Go. Pics are attached. Also posted a pic of it next to the SF Bags sleeve. Happy to answer any questions!

Attachments

• IMG_7099.jpg
    IMG_7099.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 375
  • IMG_7100.jpg
    IMG_7100.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 330
  • IMG_7101.jpg
    IMG_7101.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 329
  • IMG_7102.jpg
    IMG_7102.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 357
  • IMG_7103.jpg
    IMG_7103.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 341

simbany1

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2011
Just got my Pack & Smooch sleeve this afternoon and it's great! Really nice build quality. Slimmer than the SF Bags sleeve (which is still nice btw). This one holds my iPad Pro, Pencil, USB cable and Logitech Keys to Go. Pics are attached. Also posted a pic of it next to the SF Bags sleeve. Happy to answer any questions!

Been waiting for this. Thanks!! The Pack & Smooch looks really nice. Much less bulkier than the Waterfield. Which one you think you're going to keep?

Do you put the Keys to Go in the front pocket? Do you think you can fit an iPad Pro 9.7 with Apple Silicone case and ASK fairly easily? If you can take a picture with all your gear in the sleeve and the front flap open, that would be great!

Also, how's the magnetic closure? Pretty strong? How's the wool feel? Soft, rough? I've never thought that wool would work for a sleeve, but could be totally wrong.

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
Been waiting for this. Thanks!! The Pack & Smooch looks really nice. Much less bulkier than the Waterfield. Which one you think you're going to keep?

Do you put the Keys to Go in the front pocket? Do you think you can fit an iPad Pro 9.7 with Apple Silicone case and ASK fairly easily? If you can take a picture with all your gear in the sleeve and the front flap open, that would be great!

Also, how's the magnetic closure? Pretty strong? How's the wool feel? Soft, rough? I've never thought that wool would work for a sleeve, but could be totally wrong.

Pretty sure I'm keeping the Pack & Smooch. The SF Bags sleeve would be good as a travel sleeve but the other thing that I've found I don't like about it is that the outer pocket has not button, magnet or anything to keep what's in there from falling out.

The Keys to Go fits in with the iPad. It won't fit in the extra pocket.

Magnetic closure it good. Just put the flap near the magnets and they stick! The wool is good. It's a little rough but it's not bad. I didn't think I'd like the wool but it is really nice.

simbany1

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2011
Pretty sure I'm keeping the Pack & Smooch. The SF Bags sleeve would be good as a travel sleeve but the other thing that I've found I don't like about it is that the outer pocket has not button, magnet or anything to keep what's in there from falling out.

The Keys to Go fits in with the iPad. It won't fit in the extra pocket.

Magnetic closure it good. Just put the flap near the magnets and they stick! The wool is good. It's a little rough but it's not bad. I didn't think I'd like the wool but it is really nice.

I saw that you had an ASK with your previous pics of the Waterfield sleeve. Did you decide to return it and go with the keys to go? What kind of case are you using with the Keys to Go keyboard?

I'm leaning towards the Pack & Smooch bc it's more streamlined. How long did it take from when you ordered till you got it?

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Personally I don't like wool or felt based cases and sleeves. I don't like the texture or feel of them. I rather get leather or nylon based sleeves. My Peralta Scarlett sleeve in black ballistic nylon from SF Bags arrived yesterday and my iPad Pro with a clear MoKo polycarbonate case on the back and an Apple Smart Keyboard fits great in it.

On their site it says the Peralta line is for women but I'm my opinion it's just a sleeve and the black one in particular is pretty much a unisex product. I'm happy with it as my iPad fits great in it and the sleeve provided enough protection through paying. There is even a "slot" on the outside for the Apple Pencil although I've not used it as I have their iPad Atelier accessories case as well which has a special compartment for the Apple Pencil.

https://www.sfbags.com/collections/ipad-cases/products/peralta-scarlett-sleeve-for-ipad-and-macbook

simbany1

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2011
Personally I don't like wool or felt based cases and sleeves. I don't like the texture or feel of them. I rather get leather or nylon based sleeves. My Peralta Scarlett sleeve in black ballistic nylon from SF Bags arrived yesterday and my iPad Pro with a clear MoKo polycarbonate case on the back and an Apple Smart Keyboard fits great in it.

On their site it says the Peralta line is for women but I'm my opinion it's just a sleeve and the black one in particular is pretty much a unisex product. I'm happy with it as my iPad fits great in it and the sleeve provided enough protection through paying. There is even a "slot" on the outside for the Apple Pencil although I've not used it as I have their iPad Atelier accessories case as well which has a special compartment for the Apple Pencil.

https://www.sfbags.com/collections/ipad-cases/products/peralta-scarlett-sleeve-for-ipad-and-macbook

Any pics with your setup?

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
I saw that you had an ASK with your previous pics of the Waterfield sleeve. Did you decide to return it and go with the keys to go? What kind of case are you using with the Keys to Go keyboard?

I'm leaning towards the Pack & Smooch bc it's more streamlined. How long did it take from when you ordered till you got it?

I did have an ASK and returned it. I had the Keys to Go from my previous iPad and after getting over the "ooh and ahh" factor of the ASK (haha), decided it just wasn't for me. I don't need a keyboard all the time, I type faster on the KTG and wish the ASK came in different colors. Oh, and while I'm ranting...I hate that my old smart cover doesn't work and wish the smart covers for the iPad Pro didn't overlap the device :)

No case for the KTG. One thing I do like is that it's pretty rugged. My plan is to just put the iPad and KTG in the P&S sleeve. I think I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and get a new smart cover though.

simbany1

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2011
I did have an ASK and returned it. I had the Keys to Go from my previous iPad and after getting over the "ooh and ahh" factor of the ASK (haha), decided it just wasn't for me. I don't need a keyboard all the time, I type faster on the KTG and wish the ASK came in different colors. Oh, and while I'm ranting...I hate that my old smart cover doesn't work and wish the smart covers for the iPad Pro didn't overlap the device :)

No case for the KTG. One thing I do like is that it's pretty rugged. My plan is to just put the iPad and KTG in the P&S sleeve. I think I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and get a new smart cover though.

I have the Keys to Go and ASK. I tried my best to not want to keep the ASK and go with the much less expensive KTG, but for me, the typing feel on the ASK is much better. The KTG is good, but IMO, the ASK is much better. I also don't always need a keyboard with me, but love the fact that I have it with me when I need it to write emails for work or just using it when I need a physical keyboard. I have the Moko transparent back cover and the ASK. It's a really awesome combo! If I didn't have the Moko and ASK (~ $160), I'd probably go with the KTG, silicone back cover and smart cover (~$160). Pricing is a wash for the most part. That's how I justify keeping the expensive ASK...Haha. But the convenience of having it with me all the time and still keeping things thin and lightweight is a HUGE plus.

Reactions: Mr.C
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.