Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2007
Has anyone else noticed that using iPadOS 15 beta 1 Netflix videos stop playing while the audio keeps going? I'm still seeing this issue in beta 2.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Another thing to note… PiP for YT works for Safari now, before I didn’t get the icon. Not sure if me being a premium user makes a difference.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
This is new…

Attachments

• 9BCC3399-5BE9-40F5-A3FE-B8F4327F9BDA.jpeg
    9BCC3399-5BE9-40F5-A3FE-B8F4327F9BDA.jpeg
    370.9 KB · Views: 170

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
This is new…

I don’t suppose, if you hover mouse over “open in tab group” it automatically expands the context menu like it would in macOS? Obviously only applicable with mouse so I’m guessing not likely but it would be a nice addition.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I don’t suppose, if you hover mouse over “open in tab group” it automatically expands the context menu like it would in macOS? Obviously only applicable with mouse so I’m guessing not likely but it would be a nice addition.
Believe me, it’s new.. they previously had “Open in New Window,” now it’s “Open in SplitView” with the glyph next to it. And they added “Open in Tab Group.”

Reactions: LFC2020

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
Believe me, it’s new.. they previously had “Open in New Window,” now it’s “Open in SplitView” with the glyph next to it. And they added “Open in Tab Group.”

Yes I believe you and I am happy to see these options added.

When I saw you were using a mouse it made me think it would be great if the “open in tab group” menu expanded when you hover over it with a mouse, much like the context menus in macOS. However I don’t expect this as iPadOS is designed for touch and I believe the expanded menu is actually floating above (?) rather than expanding to the side of the context menu.

Reactions: nicho

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Another thing to note… when using the mouse/trackpad, using the SlideOver on either side.. both can be dismissed using the cursor.

I had issues with it on the left side, I had to use touch in order to dismiss it. I prefer SlideOver on the left side… and I tend to use PiP on the bottom right or top right. I’m starting to enjoy the multitasking changes made in iPadOS 15… keep them coming Apple!

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
Has anyone mentioned that in iPadOS 15‘s FaceTime it’s strange that the Microphone and Camera icons are highlighted in white when those features are enabled? This is confusing to me, because on iOS 14 phone calls (not sure if this changed for iOS 15 yet, haven’t downloaded the beta to my phone) those icons are highlighted in white when they’re disabled. Feel like this is going to lead to some confusion thinking I’m muted because now I’ll have to think about which service I’m using.

Reactions: TimFL1

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
Has anyone mentioned that in iPadOS 15‘s FaceTime it’s strange that the Microphone and Camera icons are highlighted in white when those features are enabled? This is confusing to me, because on iOS 14 phone calls (not sure if this changed for iOS 15 yet, haven’t downloaded the beta to my phone) those icons are highlighted in white when they’re disabled. Feel like this is going to lead to some confusion thinking I’m muted because now I’ll have to think about which service I’m using.
Voice your concerns via the Feedback app

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
According to a post in the macOS forum, in beta 2 of MacOS it is now possible to customise the Safari toolbar. I.e. Bring back the refresh button. Not sure if other buttons can be added such as share or show all tabs (would be nice to know) however my question is whether this customisation of the Safari toolbar is also an option in iPadOS?

Thanks!

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
According to a post in the macOS forum, in beta 2 of MacOS it is now possible to customise the Safari toolbar. I.e. Bring back the refresh button. Not sure if other buttons can be added such as share or show all tabs (would be nice to know) however my question is whether this customisation of the Safari toolbar is also an option in iPadOS?

Thanks!
Don't see anything in Settings for that

• Sad
Reactions: bmac89

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Although, it seems minor. But one thing I noticed about the new build that came out yesterday, Apple brought back nicknames are used in the view and managed detailed name.

eb23ab07459980ab43a93157223c84c2.jpg

I tend to use Nicknames for my contacts… so I noticed it immediately.

NYanakiev

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2015
London, UK
How about reorganising the home screen. Spacing between folders is massive and widgets lack imagination. A complete copy&paste from how it is done on iOS...

NickYanakiev

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2016
iPadOS 15 is a bit of an eye sore at the moment. I am so glad I did not buy both the 11“ and the 12.9” models.
As far as I am concerned, Apple is massively dropping the ball on this one. Especially with the powerful new hardware in the new iPads (ie not utilising it one bit)

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
iPadOS 15 is a bit of an eye sore at the moment. I am so glad I did not buy both the 11“ and the 12.9” models.
As far as I am concerned, Apple is massively dropping the ball on this one. Especially with the powerful new hardware in the new iPads (ie not utilising it one bit)
David Sparks (MacSparky) may be on to something: he thinks Apple has no intention of making the iPad any more like a laptop than it already is. This is their plan, not a miss (in their eyes). Sparks has adjusted his expectations (and use of his iPad) accordingly. I think there is something to this.

Does make you wonder, though, why they endowed it with hardware befitting a powerful laptop.

Reactions: NickYanakiev
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.