Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
My wallet is made of a woven material so I think I'll like these. My worry is that if I leave it on the table at a restaurant, the thing will soak up oil, liquid, whatever and leave gross stains.

Reactions: zakarhino

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
My wallet is made of a woven material so I think I'll like these. My worry is that if I leave it on the table at a restaurant, the thing will soak up oil, liquid, whatever and leave gross stains.
That's really the main thing--stains on this kind of material are probably pretty gross looking and don't just add to the patina over time (like when I had a brand new saddle brown leather model from Apple a few years ago and the day after I got it my baby niece scratched her sharp little baby fingernails right down the back of it.)

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Compared the old 14PM Leather case to the new FineWoven 15PM and I'm returning it. I definitely dislike the feel of it and it feels real cheap.
Is that the umber 14 PM leather case? It looks amazing in that lighting. I had one and it looked nothing like that haha

NotApplicable

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2019
Someone should do a tear down of one of these… curious about how the sides and the back are connected

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I'm glad I upgraded my phone last year. If I received one of these pieces of junk I would ship it straight back.

This is how much they care about the environment: by pushing all the negatives onto the customer.
It's really not junky feeling. I mean, I don't care, it's just a phone case. I didn't design it. But you could do with some of your user name or something. This is either an unreal amount of cynicism or a troll.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
for those who have received their Fine Woven cases, any idea how the weight is compared to the iphone 14 pro cases? thanks!

guicane

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
London, UK
for those who have received their Fine Woven cases, any idea how the weight is compared to the iphone 14 pro cases? thanks!
I got the Pro Max versions. Leather and FineWoven as already shown in a previous post in this thread.

Weight:
14 Pro Max Leather: 31g
15 Pro Max FineWoven: 30g

(Sorry if you're American lol)

Attachments

• IMG_9997.jpeg
    IMG_9997.jpeg
    496.6 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_9996.jpeg
    IMG_9996.jpeg
    666.5 KB · Views: 231

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
It's really not junky feeling. I mean, I don't care, it's just a phone case. I didn't design it. But you could do with some of your user name or something. This is either an unreal amount of cynicism or a troll.
It is 100% junky feeling. I love Apple, I have so much of their stuff I'd be rightfully called a fanboy. But this case is absolutely garbage. I got mine and couldn't get it returned fast enough.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
$99AUD, Apple really taking the piss this time. The polishing cloth is better value lol
Nice marketing/brain washing, If they made it an even $100 no one would buy them.
So Mujjo has their leather case on rushfaster.com.au and they’re asking AUD$100. Guess Apple ditching leather has really given other leather case makers go for higher prices.

They do look good though.

If I return the FineWoven, Mujjo is the one I’d go for

IMG_0548.jpeg

MTD's Mac

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2010
Los Angeles
My FineWoven case just arrived (Pro Max, Taupe) and it's interesting!

Much softer to the touch than I expected, and the two-tone sides are a bit of a surprise. I like it, but it seems pretty clear to me that this is mainly a proprietary competitor to Alcantara, which means it would be a perfect material for an Apple Car interior.

This makes sense since Apple could then control the precise colors, ecological impact, and feel of its car interior surfaces. With other luxury automakers moving away from leather (it takes something like three whole cows to provide enough leather for a decent leather car interior) Apple is getting ready, testing it at scale on phone cases and watch bands.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
I got the Pro Max versions. Leather and FineWoven as already shown in a previous post in this thread.

Weight:
14 Pro Max Leather: 31g
15 Pro Max FineWoven: 30g

(Sorry if you're American lol)
That’s super helpful and interesting. I saw in a video today that the fw case has some things in it like a little microfibre piece or something so interesting it’s maintained a similar weight

Reactions: guicane

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
which means it would be a perfect material for an Apple Car interior.
No offense but you're out of your mind if you think Apple should use this material in the Apple Car. A car that would have an astronomically high price tag.

This material is junk, I noticed that immediately from it. We also have that infamous YouTube video of a guy marring it for life with his fingernail. Not to mention, how thin and fragile the material was.

w3llw0nky

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2022
I’ve ordered from here like I do every time.
I get 5 for the price of one, and no real difference in quality.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £10.32 35% Off | 2023 Original FineWoven New Phone Case Magsafe Magnetic Wireless Charging For iPhone 15 Pro Max 15 Plus Full Protection Cover

Reactions: dudeski
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.