Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
I guess I need to repeat myself. I never bought the leather cases from Apple nor did I want one for the 15. That doesn't change the fact that the FW case is pure garbage.
One is entitled to an opinion certainly. Please provide your source to prove that " the fact that the FW case is pure garbage".

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I don't like that the FineWoven cases seem to be a lint magnet, but to be fair the leather cases attracted their fair share of lint too. It seems like it's easier to brush it off though.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
A lot of seemingly justified negative opinions of the new cases. But this is Apple and how it loves to economically screw its customers. Why support the company at all by purchasing any products? Its true colours and ethics are on full display now. But most will shrug and carry on.

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
A lot of seemingly justified negative opinions of the new cases. But this is Apple and how it loves to economically screw its customers. Why support the company at all by purchasing any products? Its true colours and ethics are on full display now. But most will shrug and carry on.
No one is being treated unethically by them releasing these cases. Apple is a company and their goal is to make money. If people buy their cases they will keep making them. If not, they’ll change them next year.

Pandyone

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2021
This is bizarre. Complaining FineWoven can be scratched. Bring back leather etc.

I’m not planning on getting the new iPhone and haven’t even seen the case. But I will still complain :) and especially regarding it’s price for what you get.

This should be at least 20 bucks lower than the leather, and not 10 more.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
The person that needs proof should watch that video where the guy put his nail on it and you have the result of an irrefutable proof. Let me get it to you with the time where that happens so that you can ask proofs but not seek for it.

Vangeli

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
I do like the material however “black” is more like “gray midnight” so it’ll be returned, sadly.

MgzYXAa.jpg

Hoping the rest of the colors from the surprisingly accurate case lineup leak drop this spring—vintage white included.

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
I’m not planning on getting the new iPhone and haven’t even seen the case. But I will still complain :) and especially regarding it’s price for what you get.

This should be at least 20 bucks lower than the leather, and not 10 more.
Agreed. It should be cheaper than leather, assuming it’s much cheaper to produce.

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
I do like the material however “black” is more like “gray midnight” so it’ll be returned, sadly.

MgzYXAa.jpg

Hoping the rest of the colors from the surprisingly accurate case lineup leak drop this spring—vintage white included.

I hope so too. We’ll see how they hold up over time, and if the cases still look good, I might upgrade to the spring colors in orange or wisteria. They’re much more interesting than this batch.

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
The person that needs proof should watch that video where the guy put his nail on it and you have the result of an irrefutable proof. Let me get it to you with the time where that happens so that you can ask proofs but not seek for it.
Which is what happens to leather, that so many people prefer and want Apple to bring back.

Teach8870

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2016
These new finewoven cases are absolutely hideous and cheap looking. Can’t believe Apple signed off on them.
I agree. They look so nice on Apple's website, but these pics make them look super cheap. I really don't like the sides.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.