Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1Zach1

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2008
Northern Va
I don't remember when we saw leaks for the 4S (the last October release) but keep in mind that Apple makes more in advance every year, which means earlier production runs, which means more/earlier leaks.

Also, it doesn't matter if there are a few phones done or not, they won't announce them until they have the supply they want.
Wasn't that released in Oct due to delay incurred by the earthquake in Japan? So it wasn't really a planned October release, so much as a forced later release.

sofila

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
Ramtop Mountains
If you followed the stock You would be surprised how fast reuters, ap, and a ton of less reputable news organizations pick up stories like this, reprint and recite the same unnamed sources as gospel. Two years ago when aapl crashed stories like this had a snowball effect and took the stock down when company fundamentals hadn't changed at all. It's all about perception. If this rumor was true it would have a much bigger impact then when we get our next iPhones. It implies that Tim Cook and new CFO misled on guidance among a host of other problems.
I'm inclined to believe that AAPLstock value crashed two years ago because its growth was too fast in too little time. Nearly doubled in 10 months. I haven't got knowledge or skills to establish 700$ as a correct value. But it was clear enough that such a repentine growth was not sustainable in a short period

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
I call BS on Apple going 3 quarters with no new products. Something new will be announced in the September quarter.

Right.

Though taking the quarters naming convention out, you do realise it till be 12 months since a new product has been announced... Mac pro was announced in June 2013 and iphone 5s/5c in September 2013

A new iPhone will be announced in September - 12 month since a new product has been launched by apple (spec bumps are not new products).

drewyboy

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
Well they sure aren't getting any sympathy from me. Maybe they shouldn't wait a year and release an update to every product (hardware and software) in a single month... just a thought :rolleyes:

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Wasn't that released in Oct due to delay incurred by the earthquake in Japan? So it wasn't really a planned October release, so much as a forced later release.

nah it was put back due to Steve's death. Too close.

xtracripsy

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2014
I'm not sure how the wait is "ridiculous" as of almost August when the iPhones have been released in very late summer/ early fall for many years now. As a fan and employee you know that, so I don't really understand your impatience when you know the release timing history.

You're right, and I don't think I'd be complaining if it was confirmed to be a late summer or early fall release. Mid October though! Holy moly that seems so far away. I don't disagree with you though, I know I'm complaining for the sake of complaining, but there's been an unprecedented amount of early hype for this one and when you hear so many rumors for this long with no official word it can drive you a bit crazy :rolleyes:

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Right.

Though taking the quarters naming convention out, you do realise it till be 12 months since a new product has been announced... Mac pro was announced in June 2013 and iphone 5s/5c in September 2013

A new iPhone will be announced in September - 12 month since a new product has been launched by apple (spec bumps are not new products).

Ok well then I'm saying Apple isn't going to go over 12 months without a new product announcement.

Btw, I don't agree with these long gaps between product announcements. I think Apple should be on a schedule where they announce new product(s) each quarter.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
nah it was put back due to Steve's death. Too close.

He died in October, not September. If the 4S was pushed back, that wasn't the cause.

First time I've heard that theory. Doubt it.

Anyway, the important point is that parts leaks are next to meaningless when trying to speculate a date. We see parts leaks throughout the year, most years. The first 4S leak was in January, 10 months before its release.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Ok well then I'm saying Apple isn't going to go over 12 months without a new product announcement.

Btw, I don't agree with these long gaps between product announcements. I think Apple should be on a schedule where they announce new product(s) each quarter.

To be honest they used to have products each quarter, sadly now they are launching everything for the xmas rush. Shame really.

Lets see what happens in the future, this 12 months without new products for a company with so much capital behind it is embarrassing.

JonneyGee

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2011
Nashville, TN
Good to see they're finally associating the 5.5" with 2015. My prediction: 4.0" and 4.7" iPhone 6; 5.5" model added in fall 2015, if at all (the phablet market is so small they may decide it isn't worth it).

downpour

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Strong troll brah. We know what the new iphone will look like, we are playing with ios 8. The ipad will be same form factor as last year.

That just leaves you with the watch. Will that be enough futuristic tech to get you excited?

I'm not sure why wanting Apple to surprise us with an exciting new product is trolling. :confused:

While we can make educated guesses about some of the products Apple are releasing, we don't know everything. We still don't know if the iWatch is even a real product. There have been no hardware leeks at all, it may just be all media hype like the Apple television that never materialised. They might have come up with something that no-one has guessed at, or there might be some impressive wireless charging tech, or flexible display, that turned out to be another game-changer.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Maybe pushing date back for Yosemite, 5.5" iPhone (if it's still coming ...) and/or iWatch?

tgenius

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2012
I have a Note 3 (had an iPhone 5 before that, a 4 before that and a 3gs before that) and will change to the 5.5 inch iPhone6, so if its delayed until 2015 then I keep my android :D

elev8d

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2008
I don't believe it. The new iPhone will come in September, as always..

The 4S was released in October. I'm with you in that I hope it's released in September and this big event is for the iWatch being released in October.

----------

I'm not sure why wanting Apple to surprise us with an exciting new product is trolling. :confused:

While we can make educated guesses about some of the products Apple are releasing, we don't know everything. We still don't know if the iWatch is even a real product. There have been no hardware leeks at all, it may just be all media hype like the Apple television that never materialised. They might have come up with something that no-one has guessed at, or there might be some impressive wireless charging tech, or flexible display, that turned out to be another game-changer.

There is a good amount of indication that the iWatch is coming based on hiring decisions, patents, and tech purchased.

----------

To be honest they used to have products each quarter, sadly now they are launching everything for the xmas rush. Shame really.

Lets see what happens in the future, this 12 months without new products for a company with so much capital behind it is embarrassing.

It's because they get the biggest financial bang for their buck around holidays, going by their earning reports.

vsighi

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
San Diego, CA
Good...the rumors was July then September, now for shore is October but don't ask when we going to have the 5.5 because that it may arrive in pink by next year.!!:rolleyes:

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
I still can't get over tis idea of keeping this design for larger models?
As screens have grown into epic proportions, with 5.0 becoming the standard. Manufacturers are having to clear their phones from excess space wasters such as large buttons to allow maximum screen estate.

Yet apple continue to use this out of date design and then use a smaller screen?
They should have either placed the clunky button on another part of the shell such as the rear or the side and reduced the top bezel instead of sacrificing screen size.

What is most ridiculous is the footprint of the phone can remain larger than it needs to be while attention is then paid to how thin the phone is? Is there something about skinny fit jeans at the apple campus we don't know about? Where pockets are very large and wearers dont mind a poke over from their pockets, but are worn by middle aged workers who wear their pants so tight that they cannot possibly squeeze a phone in their pocket that is a millimetre thicker?

Personally I'd like to see Touch ID become an on-screen button versus something physical. For example to wake my Moto X I simply swipe down on the screen. Imagine a scenario where you swipe down on your iPhone screen to wake it and then simply place your thumb on a specific spot to unlock it.

With respect to Apple's obsession with thin and light, this formula has proved to be a winning one for years now. Consumers love to see the iPhone get thinner and lighter. And yes, I'd love for them to keep the iPhone at the same thickness and simply provide more battery life. It appears we can't have both right now, so Apple aims for thin and light.

I'm really not concerned about the iPhone 6 poking out of the top of pockets. Leaked parts seem to suggest something roughly equal to the Nexus 5 with respect to height, and as a previous Nexus 5 owner that was never an issue.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
Personally I'd like to see Touch ID become an on-screen button versus something physical. For example to wake my Moto X I simply swipe down on the screen. Imagine a scenario where you swipe down on your iPhone screen to wake it and then simply place your thumb on a specific spot to unlock it.

With respect to Apple's obsession with thin and light, this formula has proved to be a winning one for years now. Consumers love to see the iPhone get thinner and lighter. And yes, I'd love for them to keep the iPhone at the same thickness and simply provide more battery life. It appears we can't have both right now, so Apple aims for thin and light.

I'm really not concerned about the iPhone 6 poking out of the top of pockets. Leaked parts seem to suggest something roughly equal to the Nexus 5 with respect to height, and as a previous Nexus 5 owner that was never an issue.

touch ID on screen would be interesting, but probably not doable for many years?

regardless, they need to find some way to get rid of the home button without making the end result look like a galaxy s5. that home button is the sole reason the phone continues to be as chunky as it is.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
October? Seriously??? Apple, please get your **** together and release your products in a timely manner. This should have come out or at least been announced before the summer. Sick of waiting for this ****

I'm pretty sure this is the longest delay between leaked parts and product announcement, which makes this whole thing even worse. I know there are finished phones out there. RELEASE THE ****ING THING

They ARE releasing it in a timely manner, which doesn't necessarily coincides with YOUR timetable. If you're so sick of it, there are other options which you can freely choose.

agsystems

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
In perfect time for the holiday shopping season though--and that's where the REAL money is.

The problem is that in addition to your regular Christmas shopping, Apple is expecting people to also get 2-3 Apple products too.

Even you are the biggest fan boy, I don't see how a regular person can get an iPhone, Ipad and a Mac in the same time range.

tworth23

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2010
Macrumors,REALLY??

I love this site for apple rumors but the writer of the article is a Moron! Why on earth would Apple delay the event until October. The event will be on Sept 9th with the launch on the 19th, end of story!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.