Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evec

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2016
Apple love planet and should welcome not buy new surfboard and thing ten times for earth before you replace something you thing this is a ancient.
?

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
I have the 11 and I’m upgrading to the 12 but I still use my old 8 plus for work (on a building site) and it runs fine apart from the battery being terrible now.

Kerry78

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2016
Had my iPhone 7 for 4 years it’s getting retired this Friday for the iPhone 12 ☺️

just hope I can get £80-£100 for it but being a Jet Black iPhone ??‍♀️ Lol

Reactions: Digger148

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
We don’t even know what the number will be next year or whether there will be a 13.

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
Yes, I have an 8+. Would I want to keep it another year? No way! I can't wait to order a new phone! My lightning port is "challenged" (no, not lint) and I want Face ID but most of all I want a better camera. I'll keep the 8+ as my backup phone.

Reactions: Lbrumm

MacAttackKev

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2014
Love my 8+ but I'm also looking to finally upgrade. The battery health is dropping and unfortunately, my lightning port is also inconsistent with chargning and playing music.

But I'm upgrading to an 11 Pro max once the prices drop a little bit more, probs once the masses get the 12s. I see no real reason for me to pay the extra $ for 12 Pro max with such small increments.

Reactions: artfossil

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
sir,

joke's on you. you've upgraded to the same notch for 3 years straight/
Sir I’m not dumb enough to spend $1200 on a slightly better phone three years in a row! So ha!!!!
[automerge]1603330496[/automerge]
The design of the 12 is worth it by itself for me.
Agreed. I’m liking that plus the low light and wide angle photography that’s missing from my xs.

Reactions: Locke Cole

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
AT&T giving me $800. for mine (64GB) is just too tempting. They're sending me shipping materials now. I will miss this 8+ yet am looking forward to the new 12.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
Love my 8+ but I'm also looking to finally upgrade. The battery health is dropping and unfortunately, my lightning port is also inconsistent with chargning and playing music.

But I'm upgrading to an 11 Pro max once the prices drop a little bit more, probs once the masses get the 12s. I see no real reason for me to pay the extra $ for 12 Pro max with such small increments.
11 Pro Max starts at $700 via AT&T Loyalty now.

iPhone82

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2015
I had the 8 Plus for a few months back 2018 I then went for the XS Max. I've had it ever since. I'm currently trying to sell the 8 Plus on Mercari

MacAttackKev

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2014
11 Pro Max starts at $700 via AT&T Loyalty now.

Man, I swear all the good deals are on AT&T haha, even when it comes to buying used all I ever see as good deals are AT&T Used phones.

Unfortunately, I'm sticking with Verizon as we get a discount from them.

Thanks though for the heads up~

brgjoe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Central IL, USA.
As I wrote in another thread, will most likely be sticking with my 8+ for another year.

It still does everything I need it to do. Definitely still fast enough. And I still like TouchID (especially that we're wearing masks so much). Sure the new phones are more advanced. And they seem to be getting good reviews. But they're not enough enough for me to spend that kind of money when my current phone still works just fine.

The only one that could get me to pull the trigger is the Mini. Slightly cheaper, smaller, and a still a pretty decent sized screen. Will wait for the reviews on that one when it gets released.

Otherwise, still waiting for next year's offerings. Or the SE+ whenever when/if that finally hits the market.

brgjoe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Central IL, USA.
TouchID is still very much a current technology for Apple. I’m fancying the iPad Air 2020 with TouchID in the power button.

That's what I am hoping for with next year's phones as well. Which is why I am think I shall wait it out another year. Hoping also for increased refresh rates and smaller notch too.

But enjoy your new iPhone12 my fellow #LFC supporter. Hope it treats you well.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
That's what I am hoping for with next year's phones as well. Which is why I am think I shall wait it out another year. Hoping also for increased refresh rates and smaller notch too.

But enjoy your new iPhone12 my fellow #LFC supporter. Hope it treats you well.

It would be cool to have both types of biometric on next years phone wouldn’t it? I’ll be keeping my 12 for 2 years at least as it’s a 24 month contract but I can live with FaceID for that long I think. My only concern with increased refresh rate on iPhones is Apples obsession with making phones as thin as possible. Early reports suggest 5G is draining batteries so combine that with 120Hz and it could be an issue. Who know how the technology will develop though and it’s good to see our phones become more powerful each year. :)

Reactions: brgjoe

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
It would be cool to have both types of biometric on next years phone wouldn’t it? I’ll be keeping my 12 for 2 years at least as it’s a 24 month contract but I can live with FaceID for that long I think. My only concern with increased refresh rate on iPhones is Apples obsession with making phones as thin as possible. Early reports suggest 5G is draining batteries so combine that with 120Hz and it could be an issue. Who know how the technology will develop though and it’s good to see our phones become more powerful each year. :)
That’s probably why we won’t see 120hz display. 5g is a battery hog, 120hz is a battery hog. Until you can get an efficient modem and efficient hi refresh rate screen then we will be waiting.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

jacg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2003
UK
My waterproof XS just died due to getting wet so I’m going to try and find a bargain 8 to keep me going until we don’t have to wear masks and until 5G is properly baked. Actually, just seen the price of a new SE. Perfect!

Last edited:
Reactions: happy orchard

roflc0pter

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010
I expect iPhone 13 to have Touch ID built in the display like newer Android phones.

Having it on the new iPad Air power button is a sign that Touch ID isn't dead

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.