Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Superlamb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2017
UK
It’s a great phone and still holds its own that’s for sure. I don’t really need a new phone this year as my 8+ is still excellent but probably will for a change. It’s a bloody reliable phone though with great battery life and camera.
Can’t argue with that!! BEAST

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Except the XR and the 11...

Yes the iPhone 8 is a great phone, however I hope the OP hasn’t just bought one at full price

The iPhone 8 isn’t ‘full price’, it’s been slashed with almost every retailer, given that it’s over three years old.

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
Mine needs a new battery. And the lightning port is "challenged." (Thank you, wireless chargers!) But, it's paid off and I'm hanging on until I can get a new phone and I will keep this phone as my backup.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I am ok with mine but once again the Lightning port is broken. It would be dead if it weren’t for wireless charging capabilities that keep it operational.

Reactions: artfossil

Digger148

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2010
I hope its replacement also will be available with a white faceplate. Are there any other smartphones (worth mentioning) with faceplates that aren't black? They nearly all have the "same sausage, different size" dictum.

freeagent

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2020
It’s just a faster phone period. We didn’t line them up side to side and open apps. I’m sure can find that on YouTube.

Elitegate

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2014
OMG!!!

What an absolute beast of the phone, even today it is up with the best of them!?! Discuss

I love my 8+(Certified preowned)

Same here. I love mine. 8 Plus 256 GB Space Gray. Bought it new from Apple in December 2018. But i may need a new battery soon, it's at 84%.

Reactions: Superlamb

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Same here. I love mine. 8 Plus 256 GB Space Gray. Bought it new from Apple in December 2018. But i may need a new battery soon, it's at 84%.

If the battery has depleted after just 14 months, I’d be taking it to Apple and getting them to repair it for free. No way should such an expensive device need maintenance like that in such a short time. We weren’t getting iPhone battery’s changed at our expense until recently.

Elitegate

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2014
If the battery has depleted after just 14 months, I’d be taking it to Apple and getting them to repair it for free. No way should such an expensive device need maintenance like that in such a short time. We weren’t getting iPhone battery’s changed at our expense until recently.

I would love to have it replaced for free. But i know Apple, there's no chance. I'm glad it's only 50$...

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
Yeah the 8 Plus is most definitely a beast. That year, the 8 Plus and the X were very overpowered at the time. It's only until RIGHT NOW that Android handsets have caught up to the A11 or surpassed in raw power.

Which is good news for 8 Plus users because it can still handle new iOS updates without breaking a sweat. Plus, IMHO, I think the design of the 8 Plus is classic vintage style now.

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
Love my 8 plus, its such a solid and reliable
Phone no doubt. The most refined and perfected version of the ‘6’ series of iphones. Like motionblurrr said flagship android phones have just about caught up to its performance now, so its got plenty more years in it. With the current situation in the world, one does not want to splash cash on unnecessary phone/tech upgrades so glad i have this phone to get me through it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.