Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
Still using mine. Works fine.

Assuming the iPhone 14 has no notch, I'm happy to say I will never own a phone with a notch.
I'm probably looking at jumping to a 13, I was waiting for the SE plus that was rumoured at one point, but it hasn't materialised and even the rumours have gone quiet now. I don't mind the notch itself, but I'd prefer a Touch ID phone to a face ID phone, but the SE's poor battery unfortunately makes it a non starter for me. Think the 13 has enough nice new features over an 8 plus to make up for the Face ID compromise though :) The 256GB option has had a price trim from £949 to £879 as a bonus!

Superlamb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2017
UK
Seriously this bad boy still rocks, battery is a bit knackered, but still has the ultimate speed. I can’t wait to upgrade but this is a pure special phone!

RealSkyDiver

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
I choose mine over the X on release because it had a bigger screen, no ugly notch, more storage and was still cheaper. It’s funny when people trying to do swipe gestures for the newer iPhones which don’t work on it lol. Sometimes I swipe the wrong way for the control center because all my iPads adapted the newer ways by swiping from the top instate of the bottom and confuses me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.