Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbates123

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
If Apple ever offers 13 minis in the refurbished store I may pick one up to have as a backup device to my 15PM. Right now all that's available is 12 mini.
I got one one Swappa...I suggest you do the same while you can.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I got one one Swappa...I suggest you do the same while you can.
I would prefer to purchase from Apple's refurbished store as you get a one year warranty and basically a new device. From what I found on Swappa, most excellent condition 13 minis are being sold at the same price if not more than what is offered on Apples refurbished store with no warranty and could possibly need a battery replacement

• Love
Reactions: Mouklies

geta

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2010
The Moon
It’s clear the next SE version will have bigger screen (6.1”?), but still hoping they'll offer smaller 13 Mini size version as an option… 🙏

bbates123

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
I would prefer to purchase from Apple's refurbished store as you get a one year warranty and basically a new device. From what I found on Swappa, most excellent condition 13 minis are being sold at the same price if not more than what is offered on Apples refurbished store with no warranty and could possibly need a battery replacement
Unfortunately, currently there are no 13 minis on the Apple refurbished store. There is one 12 mini 256gb and it is $529. I bought a 13 mini 128gb on Swappa for $376. It was listed as good but it was actually near mint and 89% battery health. I would never recommend a 12 mini but if you're looking for a mini on the cheap they have some nice ones starting at $250, so about $340 if you send it in for a new battery.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

scrane

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2021
Eyes argument is very real.

Even though I use larger text size system wise and 115% zoom in Safari, I still feel like I actually lost some sight due to 13 mini (had iPhone 11 before).

Whenever I pick up my girlfriend's pro max my eyes immediately feel a sudden rush of releive...

Photos are also rendered in a way it's harder to focus on details. Sigh...
Sounds like you need readers.

badarihp

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2015
It’s clear the next SE version will have bigger screen (6.1”?), but still hoping they'll offer smaller 13 Mini size version as an option…
Yes, it is confirmed. SE takes que from an old design, technology with latest internals of its releasing year.
iPhone SE 1 - iPhone 5s.
iPhone SE 2 & SE 3 - iPhone 8
iPhone SE 4 - iPhone 14

On mini, we will have to see in 2026 what Apple has for small screen iPhones. 6" screen is big.

Reactions: geta

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010
It would be awesome if Apple released a new mini with a 120Hz screen, upgraded camera and if not the flagship SoC, then maybe previous year's one.

I am an Android user but I would be interested in getting one.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
I moved on from the Mini to the 15Pro and got used to it surprisingly fast. The slight width difference to previous models helps a lot.

Think i would stick to this size even if they offered a Mini. But my usage has also changed this year, so a bigger one makes more sense now.

But i still think the option should be there for those who want it.

Reactions: one more

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
With ever-increasing screen sizes I wouldn’t be surprised if the regular iPhone 15 would be considered “mini” some day.

I’d recommended buying a new 13 mini and a couple of replacement parts when they become obsolete 😉

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
Honestly get the 15 Pro if you want a current gen small iPhone. Its not that much larger or heavier than the 13 Mini with a case. Obviously you cant beat the Mini form factor though (i've got both of them).

Reactions: canuckRus
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.