Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
I have my MagSafe charger installed into a stand (see photo) and have used my immense power to bend it into a more upright position. Been using it for Standby with the betas but feel it would be so much easier to stick it on with clear space at the bottom. So will look for one where the charge pad will be concealed by the phone in landscape for easier use.

61FkIk1U4xL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Bradyy91

Jamie's_Tech

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2021
I use the belkin 3 in 1 tree style charger. Had one replaced under warranty but the new one is still going strong. Works fine on the iPhone 14 pro. Should be fine with the pro max in landscape I’d imagine. I track my sleep with AWU and charge in the morning so shouldn’t be an issue

ml2014

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2014
Nice but this one is very similar and much cheaper.

Reactions: mjschabow

Nikos

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2008
New York
Been looking for one as well.

Nomad has the most aesthetically pleasing ones to me but they don't support multiple devices.

The older Mophie 3-in-1 that utilizes Apple's puck can be found brand new for very cheap but it's kind of ugly.

I don't trust anything no-name charging something next to me overnight.

The Otterbox 3-in-1 is actually pretty clean, MagSafe, and I heard it charges fast. Angle isn't adjustable though.

That new Hi Rise 3 Deluxe looks good as well, but the phone is held a bit too high for me.

If I'm spending over $100, I think Anker's cube is winning so far. If not, I think I'd go with Nomad's iPhone only stand that uses Apple's puck. Still looking though.

Last edited:

ascNYC

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2010
Gone with the Anker Cube. It’s compact and fast charges Apple Watch. Getting it today.
I too ordered the Anker Cube and it's supposed to arrive today. It's one of the few that fast charges both the phone and the watch. I also looked at the Studio Neat Material Dock. The design looks great but you have to bring your own chargers. The upside to that is that you can use Apple OEM MagSafe phone and watch cables.

UsedToUseAnA2E

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
I have been using the Elago MS1 for a long time. Simple, durable and does the trick. Note that it requires an Apple MagSafe charger. The product is just the silicone base.

Reactions: bbbobbb

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
$150 for a stand?

Yeah, I'm going to get this $35 Anker one lol
I picked up 3 of these Otterbox ones while it was available still. It will work around the house at spots for now. I did order this one though for my night stand below the target one.

bookcase

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Boston, MA
I like the Anker cube, but I can't bring myself to spend $150 for a charger, mostly because I want to use StandBy. I have the Apple duo, which charges my phone and watch overnight, and is super easy for traveling. I just need something to prop it up.

FatCatSings

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023
I just received my Anker cube yesterday and I love it.

It's so compact, yet angles perfectly for both my desk and my nightstand. The watch doesn't get in the way of the Pro Max while in landscape, which is great, and because the footprint is so small, it basically disappears into my desk and makes it look like my phone is floating. Great product.

bookcase

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Boston, MA
I picked up 3 of these Otterbox ones while it was available still. It will work around the house at spots for now. I did order this one though for my night stand below the target one.

Amazon has the same charger for $16.49 in white. The black version is still $42.46. I only charge my phone overnight, so speed isn't a huge priority for me. I really just want something to use standby on my nightstand. But does anyone know about the quality? Is it cheap plastic?

Ideally, I'd get an all-in-one charger for my iPhone 15 Pro max and Apple Watch, but they're so expensive.

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
Amazon has the same charger for $16.49 in white. The black version is still $42.46. I only charge my phone overnight, so speed isn't a huge priority for me. I really just want something to use standby on my nightstand. But does anyone know about the quality? Is it cheap plastic?

Ideally, I'd get an all-in-one charger for my iPhone 15 Pro max and Apple Watch, but they're so expensive.
Not sure of it's quality. Waiting on mine but for the price can't complain.

FatCatSings

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023
hows the viewing angle with this one? 60 degrees enough for nightstand mode? thats my only conern
Probably depends on how high your nightstand is vs your bed. 60 degrees is just perfect for my set up and if the angle were any more steep, the Pro Max wouldn't fit on the stand vertically. If your nightstand is higher than your head, then you might have viewing problems with the angle in Standby mode.

Reactions: EedyBeedyBeeps

childoftheko4n

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2011
Update. I have just ordered the ESR Cryboost Halolock. Why?
-Active cooling to ensure that max Charing speeds can be sustained for longer.
-I can use the original apple watch charger thenks to neat cable management.
-Decent price at £51
-Tilt adjustable mount to ensure that standby works seamlessly.
I really like the price/feature set of this one. My one hangup was the idea of potentially fast charging every day. Isn't that less than ideal? I plan to use as nightstand, so dont really need fast charging for 6+ hours every night.

MiamitoKeyWest

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2021
Got this random stand while I figure out which better one to get - and pleasantly suprised. Nice little weight at the base, looks super sleek, great finish, nice magnet connection and can even super slowly charge whatever on the airpod base. Small enough footprint to fit in a little desk corner next to the printer.

IMG_4096.jpg
IMG_4097.jpg

bookcase

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Boston, MA
Got this random stand while I figure out which better one to get - and pleasantly suprised. Nice little weight at the base, looks super sleek, great finish, nice magnet connection and can even super slowly charge whatever on the airpod base. Small enough footprint to fit in a little desk corner next to the printer.

That looks nice, but when it comes to charging devices, I tend to stick with the known brands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.