Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Destroyer

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2007
Toronto
I plan to buy this one. What do you guys think? Do you have it?
https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B0BKFGWHLH/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=A1H58FVM0F9KRK&psc=1

I dont want to spend more on a MagSafe charger that will stay on my nightstand... I will put the phone to charge during the night, so its not a problem if its not that fast as the Belkin one from the Apple website.
I have both this stand and the Cryoboost version, but I prefer the latter. The fan keeps the phone cool overnight while charging and doesn't take too long, the version you've linked does get a bit warm in comparison. If you replace your phone every year and don't care about battery degradation, then just go with the cheaper option.

Reactions: kvlq

Chevysales

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2019
Received the 12 South Hi Rise Deluxe (Charger not stand) as a birthday gift and absolutely love it. Never used MagSafe before. It’s definitely slower than cable but I charge overnight so no issue there. Small footprint is great.
Never considered Belkin after their response to firmware issue on last 3 way charger.

Last edited:

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
I really wanted the anker cube to work for me but after trying multiple cubes, cables, and power adapters. I could not get the device to charge through the night without stopping and starting based on the battery graph. Extremely dissapointed in this product. Sending back for refund.

On the other hand, I'm extremely happy with my TwelveSouth Deluxe 3 in 1. The perfect device in this category.

I am still in the market for a portable/travel solution that supports 15w/5w/5w charging speeds and standby mode. Anker doesn't cut it.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ryansebiz

MrGrim999

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023
I need to get a MagSafe charging station for my phone and watch. I narrowed down to Belkin, OtterBox, and this Anker cube bc I believe they all include a 6ft cable and support 15W wireless charging.

How does the Anker hold up when it’s at an angle? Does it stay locked into place or is it loose? Any likes or dislikes since you guys have had it ?

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
I need to get a MagSafe charging station for my phone and watch. I narrowed down to Belkin, OtterBox, and this Anker cube bc I believe they all include a 6ft cable and support 15W wireless charging.

How does the Anker hold up when it’s at an angle? Does it stay locked into place or is it loose? Any likes or dislikes since you guys have had it ?
The Anker is great. Purchased two of them and both operating flawlessly. Hinge is very sturdy. I like that it’s certified by Apple. They even sell it in Apple stores.

indigo9alpha

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2023
I managed to get an Anker cube shipped from the U.S to Australia and have been loving it. It’s sleek, doesn’t take a lot of room on my bedside table, charges well overnight and haven’t had any overheating issues.

fadeout

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2023

Attachments

• IMG_1817.jpeg
    IMG_1817.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 62

MrGrim999

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023
The Anker is great. Purchased two of them and both operating flawlessly. Hinge is very sturdy. I like that it’s certified by Apple. They even sell it in Apple stores.
Yea I was kinda leaning towards the Anker I’ve always loved that company too. Hefty price tag for a charger but I see that it’s capable of 15W and I’ll finally be able to charge my watch and iPhone together. Also glad to see it comes with a 30W charging block and a nice 5ft usb c cable too! Now that holiday sales are coming I wonder if they’ll be a decent sale price…

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
Has anyone seen this? I’m considering preordering based off of my good luck with their boost charge pro base that I’ve been using.

https://www.belkin.com/2-in-1-wireless-charging-dock-with-magsafe-15w/WIZ020ttH36.html
I ordered this yesterday from Apple and FedEx states that it will be here Saturday. This stand, to me, is a perfect size for my night stand. I do not use AirPods, so this should be perfect for my needs. Now, hoping it works as described in the ad and holds the 15 Pro Max.

ryansebiz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2008
I ordered this yesterday from Apple and FedEx states that it will be here Saturday. This stand, to me, is a perfect size for my night stand. I do not use AirPods, so this should be perfect for my needs. Now, hoping it works as described in the ad and holds the 15 Pro Max.
Awesome! I added this to the OP. I really like that this has a USB-C cable and USB-C power adapter, instead of a proprietary power supply like the others, so it should work with other USB-C power adapters.

Please post photos of the cable and charger when they arrive. Thanks!

Last edited:

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I’ve been using this ESR MagSafe stand for over a month and I’ve been happy with it. My iPhone doesn’t get hot when charging due to the Cryoboost, and my Apple Watch charges pretty fast.

ESR 25W 3-in-1 Charger Stand for Magsafe, Made for Apple-Certified Magnetic Wireless Charger, 15W Charging Station for iPhone 15/14/13 Apple Watch/AirPods Pro, Phone-Cooling Charger, White https://www.amazon.com/ESR-Apple-Certified-Magnetic-Wireless-Phone-Cooling/dp/B0CD1X5LKQ

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
Awesome! I added this to the OP. I really like that this has a USB-C cable and USB-C power adapter, instead of a proprietary power supply like the others, so it should work with other USB-C power adapters.

Please post photos of the cable and charger when they arrive. Thanks!

Belkin Boost Charge Pro 2- in -1 just arrived. I am NOT a reviewer, keep that in mind.

Attachments

• tempImage5paYc2.png
    tempImage5paYc2.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 158
  • tempImageJHOW7B.png
    tempImageJHOW7B.png
    393.8 KB · Views: 163
  • tempImageuBKFhG.png
    tempImageuBKFhG.png
    590.2 KB · Views: 165

MrGrim999

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
After one night with the Belkin Boost Charge Pro 2- in -1, I am impressed. First and foremost, it works and holds up my 15 PM, which is in a Spigen Magnetic Ultra Hybrid MagFit . The base is 2 1/2 inches high to the pedestal and has a bottom radius of 2 3/4 inches. The magnet on the pedestal easily holds the phone, and it takes two hands to remove it, or the whole thing lifts off the nightstand.

It takes up very little space and it charged the AWU quickly. As I stated previously, this is perfect for me and the Standby was a bonus. You are not going to knock this over.

fadeout

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2023
After one night with the Belkin Boost Charge Pro 2- in -1, I am impressed. First and foremost, it works and holds up my 15 PM, which is in a Spigen Magnetic Ultra Hybrid MagFit . The base is 2 1/2 inches high to the pedestal and has a bottom radius of 2 3/4 inches. The magnet on the pedestal easily holds the phone, and it takes two hands to remove it, or the whole thing lifts off the nightstand.

It takes up very little space and it charged the AWU quickly. As I stated previously, this is perfect for me and the Standby was a bonus. You are not going to knock this over.
After reading this I ordered the charcoal one. It’s perfect imo. I can ditch the bigger 3 in one now.

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
After weeks of looking for the perfect MagSafe stand, I finally chose 2 Twelve South HiRise Deluxe 3.

I also shortlisted the Belkin 3 in 1 but I read about defects and the watch was not standing properly on its charger. So I eliminated it.

I like Twelve South, the stand is heavy and the unboxing was pleasant. The fast charging is great and it doesn’t take a lot of space on my bedside table.

I would have liked a USB-C charger (the charger is bulky) and a white color edition to make it perfect.

IMG_0003.jpeg

Last edited:

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
By the way, if you want a nice travel case for your Anker Cube here is a link: CASE

Nice close fit. This is my new travel charger!

Attachments

• IMG_7501.jpg
    IMG_7501.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_7502.jpg
    IMG_7502.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: MrGrim999 and MM301
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.