Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
I don't have AirPods, and don't care about charging AirPods... but would love to see a stylish and quality 2-fer charging station for iPhone and Apple Watch.
Otterbox makes a nice one. Fast charging for both.

iScone

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Otterbox makes a nice one. Fast charging for both.

There are enough reviews complaining about the build quality when angling a phone in nightstand mode to put me off buying that one. A great shame, as it does look the best of the bunch. But apparently the strain put on the main column just isn’t up to scratch. Maybe that’s why Otterbox have discontinued it on their website, at least where I live.

Reactions: ryansebiz

yycguy

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2009
I was looking around for a stand. I thought it would be a little better than just leaving the phone flat on the desk. I don't have an watch or apple headphones, but just as I was writing this I discovered my Sennheiser wireless 3 are wireless charging. Anyways I bought this:

IMG_9588.jpg

Spigen ArcField MagFit Dual Wireless Charger Black (MagSafe Compatible-iPhone,AirPods 7.5W/5W) ($57 CAD)​

On the Spigen website it is listed as $99. There are basically no reviews on this anywhere and a search only brings up the charging puck.

It weights about 300g, feels sturdy, plastic base(correction, the base is metal except for the top and bottom cover, it feels solid) / metal stem, holds the phone great, and you can throw on the iphone earbuds on the bottom too. I don't know why the price difference between the main website and Amazon but if it is a mistake I am a winner.

The puck does not turn, just up and down and I believe it is a 7.5W upper and 5W lower. For overnight that is fine.

Last edited:

iScone

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2014
Melbourne, Australia

I came very close to buying that one. The design looks nice, but what ultimately put me off was reports of the unit feeling a bit flimsy when dismounting the phone, the charging light which I know would irritate me, and the 7.5W charge (which doesn't actually matter if charging overnight, I suppose).

In the end I went with Twelve South's HiRise 3 Deluxe, which addressed all the issues above. It was more expensive (where I live) but I feel I've bought the very best charging station currently available. Fast charging all round, a phone charger you can angle, heavy base, premium feel. Very nice.

HiRise3Deluxe_Child_750x.jpg

Last edited:

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
I came very close to buying that one. The design looks nice, but what ultimately put me off was reports of the unit feeling a bit flimsy when dismounting the phone, the charging light which I know would irritate me, and the 7.5W charge (which doesn't actually matter if charging overnight, I suppose).

In the end I went with Twelve South's HiRise 3 Deluxe, which addressed all the issues above. It was more expensive (where I live) but I feel I've bought the very best charging station currently available. Fast charging all round, a phone charger you can angle, heavy base, premium feel. Very nice.

View attachment 2292985
I’m glad to hear a good review of this. I have an order for 2 (wife and I) but won’t get it till November.

Reactions: iScone

yycguy

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2009
The Twelve South's HiRise 3 Deluxe was my first choice but the price and delivery were just a little more than I wanted. Really I just wanted a stand and not one where the phone would tip over. Realistically if I didn't see this it would have been Twelve(solid choice) or a $10 one.

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
Ordered the Anker Cube after spending hours researching and reading reviews on cheaper ones. Always seemed to be a compromise and wanted a name brand.

ryansebiz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2008
Reactions: whsbuss

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Does anyone else have overheating issues with the belkin 3 in 1 stand? The last three nights, my 15 pro stopped charging overnight due to heat

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA

View attachment 2292985

Wish they offered white.. black shows so much dust on a nightstand!!

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
Ordered the Anker Cube after spending hours researching and reading reviews on cheaper ones. Always seemed to be a compromise and wanted a name brand.

That’s a good one. Really compact. I just wish it weren’t so heavy, otherwise it’d be good for travel.

JUMA55

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2008
  • Wow
Reactions: Synomenon

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
And I had a problem with the ESR over heating my AirPods. After 30 minutes I could barely pick up the case. Sent it back to Amazon for a refund.
So with the Belkin there are posts and posts about its problems. Yours is the first I've heard of issues with the ESR. I'll need to read up more on it then.

JUMA55

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2008
So with the Belkin there are posts and posts about its problems. Yours is the first I've heard of issues with the ESR. I'll need to read up more on it then.
I tried the ESR with a pair of old AirPods 2 and new pair of AirPods 3. Same overheating. To be fair, my son has a similar ESR and no issues. The Belkin looked the next best deal, so I ordered one. Then I read all the negative comments here and remember my Wemo doorbell problems and tech support issues with Belkin, so I sent the package back to Amazon unopened.

I wound up doing this. I had been using a Satechi for my iPhone for years, so I kept it. I bought an Elago MS3 charging stand for my iPhone and a Satechi MagSafe dock for my AirPods, in both of which I'm using Apple MagSafe chargers. It may not be the tidiest of setups, but it works and I'm using Apple charge units.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    549.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    531.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    485.6 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: Synomenon

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I tried the ESR with a pair of old AirPods 2 and new pair of AirPods 3. Same overheating. To be fair, my son has a similar ESR and no issues. The Belkin looked the next best deal, so I ordered one. Then I read all the negative comments here and remember my Wemo doorbell problems and tech support issues with Belkin, so I sent the package back to Amazon unopened.

I wound up doing this. I had been using a Satechi for my iPhone for years, so I kept it. I bought an Elago MS3 charging stand for my iPhone and a Satechi MagSafe dock for my AirPods, in both of which I'm using Apple MagSafe chargers. It may not be the tidiest of setups, but it works and I'm using Apple charge units.
Off topic question:

What are the little blocks marked "bl"? Is that some sort of cable management thing?

JUMA55

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2008
Off topic question:

What are the little blocks marked "bl"? Is that some sort of cable management thing?

Bluelounge Design SO-WH Sumo Cable Management System​

Not cheap. However, I've bought a bunch of them over the years in both white and black. They have some sort of micro suction cup material on the bottom that you clean by pressing them down on something like gaffer tape. They don't leave marks and can be used over and over. The hold is very tight.

Reactions: AZhappyjack

iScone

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
My HiRise 3 Deluxe from Twelve South arrived today, and I'm super impressed.

Everything about it screams premium, from the packaging to the product. It's weighty, looks great, and has a lovely feel when you touch it. It's not a cheap product, but I'm very satisfied with it.

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
Received the Anker Cube 3-in-1. Very impressive. Great for nightstands and traveling.

I was between this and the Twelve South. Likely would have been happy with either but this was on sale during Prime days. The form factor is great.

After researching the cheaper unofficial options, I decided the certified options would were worth the cost.

Reactions: ebika and iScone

iScone

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Received the Anker Cube 3-in-1. Very impressive. Great for nightstands and traveling.

I was between this and the Twelve South. Likely would have been happy with either but this was on sale during Prime days. The form factor is great.

After researching the cheaper unofficial options, I decided the certified options would were worth the cost.

The Cube was on my radar as well. I'll likely end up getting it for travel, because the Twelve South isn't especially portable. I went for the Twelve South because I think it looks nicer on my bedside table, but I don't think you can lose with either product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.