Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dh1

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2023
I returned it and purchased the ESR stand with cryoboost (cooling fan) and I like that one much better.
Hi Stacey am I ok using a leather case with the AirPods Pro on the cryoboost charger ? Which one am I better off with the 1st edition or the upgraded 15w version? 😎

philotas

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2007
Spain
Sorry, I did not read the whole thread, but I have one question:

Having the iPhone attached via magnets, which one can you actually grab comfortably with one hand without holding the charging base?

I guess it only works, when the base is somehow fixed to the night stand?

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Hi Stacey am I ok using a leather case with the AirPods Pro on the cryoboost charger ? Which one am I better off with the 1st edition or the upgraded 15w version? 😎
Which one is the 1st and which one is the 2nd generation?

Having the iPhone attached via magnets, which one can you actually grab comfortably with one hand without holding the charging base?
The strength of the magnetic force and ease of removing the iPhone with one hand will depend on:
-Magnetic force of the phone or case if you are using one
-Magnetic force of the stand
-The weight of the stand

ryansebiz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2008
I had the 737 and now the Twelve South HiRise 3 Deluxe and have experienced no overheating issues with my 15 Pro Max while charging all night in standby mode.
When you have time can you please upload a photo of the Twelve South HiRise 3 Deluxe power adapter?

Edit: found it. Woof.

56327-114441-power-supply-xl.jpg

https://appleinsider.com/articles/2...iew-a-luxurious-apple-blessed-magsafe-charger

Last edited:

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I'm looking at these:

61PJm8RFFnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I really like the look of this one too--thanks for posting. Decent reviews too. Also looks like it would be good for travel as it folds so flat. Not a brand I know of, however.

Reactions: Synomenon

CopyChief

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2007
I really like the look of this one too--thanks for posting. Decent reviews too. Also looks like it would be good for travel as it folds so flat. Not a brand I know of, however.
I use something similar (mine is black) and it's great. It's fairly heavy, which is a good thing for home use but not great for carryon travel.

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS
Just placed an order for the Twelve South HiRise 3 Deluxe via the Twelve South website using a 20% off coupon. Super excited for this to arrive in about 4 weeks since it's sold out.

Last edited:

starmanwarz

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2022
Just placed an order for the Twelve South HiRise 3 Deluxe via the Twelve South website using a 30% off coupon. Super excited for this to arrive in about 4 weeks since it's sold out.
I'd love to know where did you get that coupon?

iScone

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
I chose the Journey Rapid Trio 3-in-1.

It mattered to me that I could angle my phone in stand by mode. The only other chargers I could find that did that was the Otterbox 2-in-1 (poor reviews) and the Anker Cube (ugly design).

The Rapid Trio only has a 7.5W charge to the phone but that doesn’t matter when it’s charging overnight. To my eyes, it looks great and the modular USB-C detachable watch charger is a great feature.

IMG_0228.jpeg

Last edited:

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
I ordered the Twelve South 3 in 1 deluxe. Have to wait till November for it to arrive though. Couldn't care less about the size of the power adapter. Love the sleak design and that it takes up very little space on a night stand.

JiggyJaggy

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2020
I think you just described the Anker cube. Just don't use the bit on the back which is designed for AirPods in any case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.