Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

starmanwarz

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2022
Twelve south EU store had some in stock but they were 178 Euros...

Any other place in the EU which has it cheaper?

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
I have my MagSafe charger installed into a stand (see photo) and have used my immense power to bend it into a more upright position. Been using it for Standby with the betas but feel it would be so much easier to stick it on with clear space at the bottom. So will look for one where the charge pad will be concealed by the phone in landscape for easier use.

View attachment 2269307
Do you have a link to this stand? I love it

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
Here.

I use Bostik glue dots to keep the MagSafe charger secure and Blu Tack on the base to secure it to bedside unit.

mikemj23

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
Are there any single stands? None of the 2 in 1, 3 in 1 chargers?
I actually picked up this Belkin as I do not need/want a stand that charges more than the iPhone. It works well and is compact for travel. Plus, the cost is much less than some of the other stands. I'd recommend it.

Reactions: Synomenon

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
I actually picked up this Belkin as I do not need/want a stand that charges more than the iPhone. It works well and is compact for travel. Plus, the cost is much less than some of the other stands. I'd recommend it.

That's just Belkin's version on the first-party, $35.00 Apple Magsafe charger.

Reactions: dannyyankou

t_paine

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2023
I was looking around for a stand. I thought it would be a little better than just leaving the phone flat on the desk. I don't have an watch or apple headphones, but just as I was writing this I discovered my Sennheiser wireless 3 are wireless charging. Anyways I bought this:

View attachment 2292916

Spigen ArcField MagFit Dual Wireless Charger Black (MagSafe Compatible-iPhone,AirPods 7.5W/5W) ($57 CAD)​

On the Spigen website it is listed as $99. There are basically no reviews on this anywhere and a search only brings up the charging puck.

It weights about 300g, feels sturdy, plastic base(correction, the base is metal except for the top and bottom cover, it feels solid) / metal stem, holds the phone great, and you can throw on the iphone earbuds on the bottom too. I don't know why the price difference between the main website and Amazon but if it is a mistake I am a winner.

The puck does not turn, just up and down and I believe it is a 7.5W upper and 5W lower. For overnight that is fine.
I also recently got this Spigen stand from Amazon on sale for $40 plus tax. Really enjoying it thus far. Very premium feeling and sturdy. Magnet holding in the Airpods in place is a nice touch. Probably not a travel stand, but good for desk/night stand use.

mikemj23

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
That's just Belkin's version on the first-party, $35.00 Apple Magsafe charger.
The Belkin has a kickstand so it can be used in Standby Mode (which was the title of the post) and was on sale for $19.99. Unless they came out with a new one, I didn't think Apple's Magsafe had a kick stand to use for Standby.

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
The Belkin has a kickstand so it can be used in Standby Mode (which was the title of the post) and was on sale for $19.99. Unless they came out with a new one, I didn't think Apple's Magsafe had a kick stand to use for Standby.
I'm aware that it has a kickstand. I was comparing it as a whole / overall, to the Apple Magsafe charger: puck-style on a USB-C cord.

Reactions: mikemj23

milhaus

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2011
Hey all, I would suggest that those looking for 3 in 1 Magsafe stands for Standby look at Temu or AliExpress. Many of the name brand stands are listed here, though possibly without fancy packaging but at a significantly lower price. For example, I was looking to buy one of these for well over $120USD, before I looked on AliExpress and found it for $32 CAD. Shipping took two weeks, but it works great.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Bought Spigen MagFit stand. Using it with the MagSafe charger from Apple

IMG_3376.JPG

IMG_7562.JPG

IMG_1645.JPG

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Was hoping to find a stand for my phone where I could use it as an alarm clock and have a couple widgets showing. Anyone know of one? I have a vision in mind (because I have a Loopy case I want to be able to leave on), but was curious if anyone else had anything they recommend.

Reactions: MBAir2010

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Hey everyone, to use a MagSafe stand do I need to have a MagSafe case? I’m waiting for my iPhone 15 Pro and I already took a Spigen Ultra Hybrid and was wondering if the magnet is enough to hold the iPhone with the case.

CtotheP

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
Silicon Valley
Bought the ESR 3-in-1 (Halolock) charger ($69-20% right now) and it was delivered overnight. Really nice build quality, iPhone 13 is perfect in standby. Still need to try out the Apple Watch charger

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
It’s very difficult to find a proper stand. The Belkin was nice but the Watch doesn’t stay in place. And it stopped working for several people.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Ive been very disappointed with my anker 3 in 1 cube. It stops and starts charging my iPhone all night.

When I charge with an official MagSafe charger it will have one long charging meter all night instead of 15 stops and starts all night.

I’ve tried 2 different cubes and both have the same behavior. I’m sending it back for a refund.
IMG_0376.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: ryansebiz

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Ive been very disappointed with my anker 3 in 1 cube. It stops and starts charging my iPhone all night.

When I charge with an official MagSafe charger it will have one long charging meter all night instead of 15 stops and starts all night.

I’ve tried 2 different cubes and both have the same behavior. I’m sending it back for a refund.
View attachment 2304269
My TwelveSouth deluxe came the other day and does not have this issue. Much happier with the TwelveSouth. Very sleak design and looks great on a night stand. Expensive but not much more than the rest of these 3 in 1 stands.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
I plan to buy this one. What do you guys think? Do you have it?
https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B0BKFGWHLH/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=A1H58FVM0F9KRK&psc=1

I dont want to spend more on a MagSafe charger that will stay on my nightstand... I will put the phone to charge during the night, so its not a problem if its not that fast as the Belkin one from the Apple website.
Alot of people in this thread have been happy with the ESR stands. Seems to be a good budget option.

Reactions: kvlq
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.