Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
This is not watch related but I found a similar listing with the smart battery case for 6s, it was just the case without packaging like 60% of the price. I don't know how they do this but it's awesome when you find such deals.

These are supposed to be brand new. Mine was. Even smelled like one.

Did they have the one for the XR? Do you have the link?

Even if these aren't "Apple official" they're probably made in the same place. I forget the term for it, something like "off the clock replicas".

Edit: Quoted wrong comment.

Reactions: twanj

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
My friend was looking at chargerstore’s milanese loop. The description clearly marks those as not OEM. I don’t recall seeing that in his other listings which makes me think all the others he sells are legit.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
My friend was looking at chargerstore’s milanese loop. The description clearly marks those as not OEM. I don’t recall seeing that in his other listings which makes me think all the others he sells are legit.

Correct. The description (and the price) will identify if it is a genuine OEM band or a third-party reproduction.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Great...I didn’t plan on buying a link bracelet but now you guys are talking me into it...ugh

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
Have to say it is now my favorite band.

I have to agree. I’ve always liked link bracelets and I thought I would like this one. It’s quickly become my favorite.

Link Bracelet?

I really like it, & it's a piece of art almost, but I find myself wearing it only occasionally. The loops are so comfy & the bands are more fun.

Interesting. I find I have to force myself to wear anything other than the link bracelet.

Reactions: DeepIn2U and twanj

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Link Bracelet?

Yes.

I really like it, & it's a piece of art almost, but I find myself wearing it only occasionally. The loops are so comfy & the bands are more fun.

I just like how it feels on my wrist. It has a nice heft to it, but it is not "heavy" so I can wear it 15 hours without any impact.

I do like the leather loops (bought White and Forest Green to complement my old Black one) and I really like my Nike Hyper Grape sport loop's look. I also like how easy the Link Bracelet and the Leather/Sport loops are to add and remove.

I used to be a Milanese Loop man during Spring and Summer and a Leather Loop man during Fall and Winter with my Stainless Steel Series 0. I have a third-party Space Black Milanese Loop for my Space Black Stainless Steel Series 4 which is decent enough, but it is starting to show wear on the magnetic clasp after about six months. If I did not have the Link Bracelet, I'd buy an Apple OEM Milanese Loop, but I think the link bracelet covers that role for me, to be honest.

So I'll probably do link bracelet and Sport Loops during the warmer months and switch to my Leather Loops and Classic Buckles during the Winter Months.

Civicsixxx

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2011
New Castle, DE
Did this seller raise their prices?

I see earlier posts saying people paid $140-$150 for the SBSS band but when I check their current listings it goes for around $250.

Looking for 42/44mm by the way.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Did this seller raise their prices?

I see earlier posts saying people paid $140-$150 for the SBSS band but when I check their current listings it goes for around $250.

Looking for 42/44mm by the way.

I think it depends on the condition. "Pristine" ones like mine were around $250, which is still $200 off the retail price. Those with light blemishes/scratches will be under $200 and some that are clearly worn (probably refurbs) can be under $100.

crobcary

macrumors member
May 13, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Adding to this thread (verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry longtime lurker; finally signed up, so no fakery). Bought a couple of Sport Bands, including Cloud from the Edition watch and two Leather Loops. They're real. He/she is based in Shenzhen, so maybe it's a "fell off the factory line" thing…but they have all the authentic markings of their respective makes.

Dingo Dave 69

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
I really hope it is genuine goods they are selling as I have placed an order for the stainless steel link bracelet. I will report back.

Dingo Dave 69

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
Well it has arrived, 9 days after placing the order. I am very happy with it. To me it looks like the real deal. I have never owned one direct from apple before but I have tried it on in-store. How does this look to everyone? (excuse the dirty watch face, needs a clean)

7BCDD134-6196-4BF6-ABEA-FB3ADC74CE51.jpeg 050FD3C8-04F5-4F08-8E21-D4F71CAE1757.jpeg 86613850-E5CB-491F-8DC3-744F9B9B0DE4.jpeg FB634CEB-B254-495C-924C-74D1FA8B7572.jpeg 2972C82A-A248-4927-9D02-9C7DD08423DB.jpeg 40F9FD8C-BDE7-4527-AD03-26CCF272D6F0.jpeg

Last edited:

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
I just received my Black Link Bracelet from this seller. It looks awesome! Just like the real deal from what I can see. I resized it with the little buttons on the links and that worked great. I will see if my local Apple Store has any of the Black Link bracelets out to compare, but usually they don’t have them out.

I looked but didn’t see a mini serial number under the attachment pin. However, I don’t see that serial number on all of the bands I’ve purchased direct from Apple either.

Thanks to everyone for the referral. I’ve been considering adding this band to my collection for a while. Getting it at more than half off MSRP gave me the incentive to do it!

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
Thanks for all the info in this thread, I've just ordered a black link bracelet. The price is too good to pass up on - I really like my silver link, but just can't justify the £449 for the Apple one.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
Photos of the Series 2 SBSS Watch with Link Bracelet from Costco for £229 (they still have 38mm in stock). Outer packaging was missing the plastic seal & was dirty, but inside, all was fine & the Link Bracelet is perfect. Link Bracelet now moved over to my Series 4

View attachment 801908 View attachment 801909 View attachment 801910 View attachment 801911 View attachment 801912 View attachment 801913 View attachment 801914 View attachment 801915

Well done getting this deal, I take it the Link Bracelet fitted perfectly flush on the Series 4 model?

MagicTorch

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2007
UK
Well done getting this deal, I take it the Link Bracelet fitted perfectly flush on the Series 4 model?

Yes, I can confirm that the Link Bracelet fits perfectly flush on the Series 4 Watch. I love the Link Bracelet & was so pleased that I managed to get an original version at far less than RRP. The Link Bracelet really does turn the watch into a piece of jewellery & is ultra comfortable to wear (it surprised me how comfortable it is). However, despite this, I do generally wear the link bracelet for special occasions only & for daily use, I tend to stick to wearing Sport Bands...almost feels that the link bracelet is too nice to wear on a daily basis.

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
I got my space grey link bracelet this morning and I have to say, I'm impressed. Like pretty much everybody else has said, I can't tell any difference whatsoever between this one and the silver one I bought from Apple. Weight, feel, detailing, the individual links etc appear to be absolutely identical.

For the price, I'm absolutely delighted with it - whether its factory rejects or a copy, its so good that the price the guy is charging for it still seems like a bargain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.