Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
Just received a Product Red and Fog sport band from this seller. Previously back in 2017 I had a SS Link and a couple leather loops.

All have been very well packaged and all but the Link, looked brand new. The Link has a couple small marks, as described in the listing.

Heads up if you’re in the U.K. I just had an £8 RM handling fee plus £3.40 VAT charge on my latest order. I’ve 3 Nike sport bands on the way in two separate deliveries, so potentially coupled more charges to come.

Reactions: twanj

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
My Olive Flak and Celestial Teal Nike bands arrived today and the same charges applied.

I noticed the first order had a price marked at £17 value on the parcel and today’s delivery £19. The limit I believe for no VAT being applied is £15, so that’s why the extra charge is being applied by Royal Mail.

I’ve one final strap coming next week but it’s a little frustrating as, if I’d have realised, I would have ordered everything together and potentially only had one £11 customs charge instead of 3.

Great bands though, especially the latest two that arrived!

MeekMilitao

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2019
My Olive Flak and Celestial Teal Nike bands arrived today and the same charges applied.

I noticed the first order had a price marked at £17 value on the parcel and today’s delivery £19. The limit I believe for no VAT being applied is £15, so that’s why the extra charge is being applied by Royal Mail.

I’ve one final strap coming next week but it’s a little frustrating as, if I’d have realised, I would have ordered everything together and potentially only had one £11 customs charge instead of 3.

Great bands though, especially the latest two that arrived!
Could you link Me to those bands? I’ve been trying to purchase them for a while
TIA

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
Could you link Me to those bands? I’ve been trying to purchase them for a while
TIA
The original listings I got from are sold out, but he has another Olive Flak in 42/44mm he has (with a minor defect as listed) https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/401828883112

He doesn’t seem to have Celestial Teal available now though unfortunately.

As an aside, my Cargo Khaki arrived the other day from him, and the parcel was marked as £10 value, so no extra charges on my final order.

MiamiBourne

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
Looking at the leather band offerings. I want blue but having a tough time deciding between Bright Blue and Midnight Blue. Some say the Bright Blue really isn't Bright and sounds like the color I'd like but it's hard to tell depending on how the picture is exposed.

Part of me wants to buy both...man the rabbit hole of these watch bands lately.

davideotape

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2012
i just ordered an OG 42mm black leather buckle and a older version of the brown leather loop last week shipping says its a month away but its already shipped so we’ll see how long the overseas shipping takes i guess

MiamiBourne

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
Decided to go with the bright blue leather loop. Shipping is estimated 3-4 weeks but I hope to get sooner. Amazon has me spoiled!

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
I’ve purchased quite a few from them before and they are identical to the ones I bought from store.

I’m inclined to believe they’re genuine as one time I ordered a rare colour sport band which had been discontinued (priced accordingly higher) and received the wrong colour by mistake. They were unable to give me another as they no longer had stock so gave me a refund instead. If they were all just good replicas you’d think they would have an equal abundance of various colours.

th1nk

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
I got my nearly new space black stainless steel link bracelet from them a few days ago. It is missing the ‚made in china‘ laser engraving, but otherwise looks and feels genuine to me. I paid 193 Euros for it and it is awesome, no scratches or other defects! :) Really happy with the purchase. Shipping also was only 8 days instead of the predicted 1 month and I did not have to pay taxes. Great seller, would recommend!

I imagined it would be a much chunkier band, but it is quite a bit thinner than I thought. But no complaints, it looks very elegant and fits great. But I would never pay 450 Euro for it... 193 Euro really was pushing it already.

Attachments

• 44B735FE-BD79-4DEE-8E02-5C985AB65B6F.jpeg
    44B735FE-BD79-4DEE-8E02-5C985AB65B6F.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 318
Last edited:

th1nk

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
Hey guys, what are your opinions on this link bracelet, does the price seem too good to be true?

The previous buyer feedback on eBay to this offering is positive, so it seems to be genuine. It also has 30 days return policy, so I personally would give it a try. If it is a fake, you could send it back...

davideotape

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2012
its a fine quality and worth what i paid but compared to the other loops i have its a little stiff and it arrived in a package that put a gold removable film around the steel parts. i don’t remember having to peel off gold wrapping when ive bought my others but i might not have been paying attention

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I purchased a White Leather Loop from them, but I paid twice as much as you did for your brown one. The look and feel is near as I can tell identical to my Black (original 2015) and Forest Green (2018) loops that I purchased direct from Apple.

davideotape

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2012
the leather buckle i bought looks and feels right, and it came with the pull-tab protectors that are exactly like unboxings i saw. im pretty sure its legit. this loop one matches my other loops in size, number of links, etc, it just felt stiffer than i remember the others first being, and the gold wrapping threw me. i believe the theory floated in this thread that theyre just factory irregulars or overages of old stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.