Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

efecanarar

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2015
No.
A library copied from Mojave shows the icons, but Catalina breaks something.
The first app was updated in Catalina, the middle two are just as in Mojave, the last one was downloaded in Catalina.
View attachment 864177

It is probably caused by the mess Apple made while trying to split iTunes into different apps. From the Console system log:

Is there still this problem?

Last edited:

ideaprison

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2009
Hawai'i
Does anyone use last.fm (Scrobbler) and do they have a app that can scrobble on Catalina with iTunes (so not the Music app) so far none I tried work..

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Does anyone use last.fm (Scrobbler) and do they have a app that can scrobble on Catalina with iTunes (so not the Music app) so far none I tried work..
Looks like the broken AppleEvents is preventing scrobbling apps from working.
[automerge]1571212352[/automerge]
It would be really useful if you could add apps to this pane:
Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 17.52.00.png

Reactions: ideaprison

clobi

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2019
Hi there!

I'm writing from Germany; and it is a long time ago when I went to school... so sorry 'bout my bad english. I installed 10.15 and than I recognized, that I'm not able to burn a CD of my Audiobooks. While using iTunes, I created a playlist and chose audio-CD or -mp3-cd - and it works. So now I was so happy to find this manual for using iTunes with Catalina, but I still have a problem:
iTunes can't be started, because there comes a pop-up-window which says "can't read iTunes Library.itl" and asks me if I want to get a newer version... So what can I do? Or does anybody knows how to burn an Audio-CD with "Books"?
Thanks for answering!

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
It would be really useful if you could add apps to this pane:

FlacTunes.jpg

Read:
Code:
sudo sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "select * from access where service='kTCCServiceAppleEvents';"
Write:
Code:
sudo sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "insert into access values ('kTCCServiceAppleEvents', 'com.edysoft.FlacTunes', 0, 1, 1, '??', NULL, 0, 'com.apple.systemevents', '??', NULL,1571402310);"

sudo sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "insert into access values ('kTCCServiceAppleEvents', 'com.edysoft.FlacTunes', 0, 1, 1, '??', NULL, 0, 'com.apple.iTunes', '??', NULL,1571402310);"

Delete:
Code:
sudo sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "delete from access where client='com.edysoft.FlacTunes';"

It doesn't seem to make FlacTunes work properly, but have fun with it :)
PS: SIP must be disabled.

clobi

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2019
Hi there!

I'm writing from Germany; and it is a long time ago when I went to school... so sorry 'bout my bad english. I installed 10.15 and than I recognized, that I'm not able to burn a CD of my Audiobooks. While using iTunes, I created a playlist and chose audio-CD or -mp3-cd - and it works. So now I was so happy to find this manual for using iTunes with Catalina, but I still have a problem:
iTunes can't be started, because there comes a pop-up-window which says "can't read iTunes Library.itl" and asks me if I want to get a newer version... So what can I do? Or does anybody knows how to burn an Audio-CD with "Books"?
Thanks for answering!
Done it. I changed the iTunes Library.itl into iTunes Library.itl_old and installed iTunes again - it works :)

mareyesri

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2019
[automerge]1571517700[/automerge]
View attachment 870516

Read:
Code:
sudo sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "select * from access where service='kTCCServiceAppleEvents';"
Write:
Code:
sudo sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "insert into access values ('kTCCServiceAppleEvents', 'com.edysoft.FlacTunes', 0, 1, 1, '??', NULL, 0, 'com.apple.systemevents', '??', NULL,1571402310);"

sudo sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "insert into access values ('kTCCServiceAppleEvents', 'com.edysoft.FlacTunes', 0, 1, 1, '??', NULL, 0, 'com.apple.iTunes', '??', NULL,1571402310);"

Delete:
Code:
sudo sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "delete from access where client='com.edysoft.FlacTunes';"

It doesn't seem to make FlacTunes work properly, but have fun with it :)
PS: SIP must be disabled.
That's pretty sweet! I am trying to get BitPerfect working with iTunes... Did something similar to what you are mentioning here but nothing is shown in the list. Does that mean that I have to restart my Mac to get that working?

Which brings me to the next question... how did you manage to uninstall the app Music? I hate it that it opens for everything and it just kills my vibe :D

Thanks again and it's pretty much you @bogdanw who got us all old iTunes users happy with the Catalina update!

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-19 um 22.40.19.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-19 um 22.40.19.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
I am trying to get BitPerfect working with iTunes...
I didn't uninstall Music and I don't think it's a good idea to do so. It is considered a system app and removing it can cause errors.
However, for the purpose of testing BitPerfect 3.2.0, I did delete it and its Music folder. BitPerfect doesn't recognize iTunes, even after selecting the iTunes music folder. I don't think BitPerfect will work with iTunes in Catalina because the app has been recently updated to look for Music.

mrchaplin

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2019
Must sip be disabled to run iTunes (12.9.5), cause I cannot get it to run ... it starts and then disappears.

Last edited:

mrchaplin

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2019
When the message "This package is incompatible with this version of macOS." is displayed, click on "Install anyway"

iTunes12.8.dmg
Okay it finished with an error
Must I use one of the specific versions as mentioned ?

Screenshot 2019-10-21 at 08.58.40.jpg

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009

mrchaplin

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2019

mrchaplin

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2019
Ah, okay just had to rename itunes library file and it's running !!!
Man, thanks, thanks.

evsege

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2019
I've installed iTunes on Catalina, but I'm having an issue when trying to get iTunes to sync my iPod. It keeps asking me to restore my iPod, then I get the error "The iPod could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1433)." Then after the iPod resets, my MacBook says "iPod in Use: This iPod is in use by another user on this Mac." has anyone else had this issue?

evsege

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2019
I've installed iTunes on Catalina, but I'm having an issue when trying to get iTunes to sync my iPod. It keeps asking me to restore my iPod, then I get the error "The iPod could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1433)." Then after the iPod resets, my MacBook says "iPod in Use: This iPod is in use by another user on this Mac." has anyone else had this issue?

Never mind. I found this thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/has-anyone-gotten-an-ipod-shuffle-2nd-gen-to-work.2196567/

Reactions: bogdanw

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
EDIT: The script below does not work on a new Mojave install. Try:
- with SIP enabled and keeping iTunes 12.9 https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/itunes-12-6-5-not-working-in-mojave.2142646/post-28061792
or
- with SIP disabled, iTunes only https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...tible-with-macos-mojave.2143244/post-27613162
- with SIP disabled, full iTunes install https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...tible-with-macos-mojave.2143244/post-27234821

Does this script work on Mojave...?
Try this script in Mojave
Code:
set theDMG to choose file with prompt "Please select iTunes dmg file:" of type {"dmg"}
do shell script "hdiutil mount " & quoted form of POSIX path of theDMG
do shell script "pkgutil --expand /Volumes/iTunes/Install\\ iTunes.pkg ~/tmp"
do shell script "hdiutil unmount /Volumes/iTunes/"
do shell script "cd ~/tmp/iTunesX.pkg;" & "cat Payload | gunzip -dc |cpio -i;" & "ditto ~/tmp/iTunesX.pkg/Applications/iTunes.app ~/tmp/iTunes.app;"
do shell script "plutil -replace CFBundleGetInfoString -string 'iTunes 13.6.5.3' ~/tmp/iTunes.app/Contents/Info.plist"
do shell script "plutil -replace CFBundleShortVersionString -string 13.6.5 ~/tmp/iTunes.app/Contents/Info.plist"
do shell script "plutil -replace CFBundleVersion -string 13.6.5 ~/tmp/iTunes.app/Contents/Info.plist"
do shell script "plutil -replace CFBundleVersion -string 'iTunes 13.6.5.3' ~/tmp/iTunes.app/Contents/version.plist"
do shell script "plutil -replace CFBundleShortVersionString -string 13.6.5 ~/tmp/iTunes.app/Contents/version.plist"
do shell script "ditto ~/tmp/iTunes.app /Applications/iTunes12.6.app"
do shell script "rm -rf ~/tmp"
display dialog "Patched iTunes12.6.app was copied to /Applications" buttons {"Ok"}
iTunes 12.9 will remain in place for Apple to update, start iTunes12.6.app from /Applications/ and create a new library.

Last edited:

flyzillaa

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2019
Any idea how to fix an issue with syncing music over to my iPhone? I was able to install 12.8.2 on the latest version of Catalina. However, when I try to sync my music, it selects about 1/3 of my library and will not sync any of the other music... Would appreciate any help!

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.