Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
May 21, 2009
Finished installing 10.12.1 (MacBook Pro) and iOS 10.1 (iPhone 7), still cannot get universal clipboard (UC) to function reliably.

In sum, when I copy any text or item from the Mac, it will paste once to the iPhone 7; however, if I copy any further material from the Mac, it will give a long pause on the iPhone 7, then paste the first thing I copied. Copying material from the iPhone 7 and pasting to the Mac seems to work fine most of the time.

Between my iPad mini 2 and the Mac, the UC works fine; moreover, between the iPhone 7 and the MacBook Pro, the UC works fine as well. Meanwhile, the issue with UC remains between the MacBook Pro and the iPhone 7.

caprico81

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2016
Since the update to Sierra I've got some GUI glitches.
Normally when I use Spotlight for the first time after reboot, I get white pixels in the dropdown shadow. They even move with the shadow when i drag the spotlight bar to an other position. Next time I open Spotlight they are gone.
View attachment 667810

The other problem are black vertical and horizontal lines when using Time Machine. They move with the windows while scrolling through the backups. When I take a screenshot they disappear. If i take a screenshot while the windows are moving the screenshot shows a big grey box left and bottom.
View attachment 667815 View attachment 667816

Finally someone with the exact same problem. I noticed the lines right after updating to Sierra. Even a new installation pf El Capitan and another installation of Sierra didn't help (no Problems in El Capitan, same screen glitches in Sierra). I already chatted with Apple and send them screenshots. They were not very helpful. I reset the SMC, the NVRAM like they suggested. The glitches stayed. The Hardwaretest turned out fine.

But at least I now know it is not my machine that has an individual issue but it is an issue with Sierra and the graphics card in my iMac.

And look at the quality of the icons on the update page of the mac app store... just bad...the vertical lines at the keynote icon.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2016-10-27 um 21.37.19.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-10-27 um 21.37.19.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 283

Khorn

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2013
Germany
Good to know I'm not the only one with this problem.

I tried the same. SMC+NVRAM reset, boot in safemode, changing resolution. I hoped for 10.12.1 to fix it, still same problem. Only thing I haven't tired yet is reinstall/cleaninstall.

Cardsnk

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
BUG/COMPATIBILITY ISSUE: Always "Force Quitting" some 3rd party apps then restarting them to make them work as they should.

-Xtrafinder
-F.Lux
-Endurance
-Adobe Photoshop CC2015.5.1

maybe the list goes on, haven't thoroughly tested other apps yet.

EDIT: Finally figured out one culprit could also be a 3rd party app called Hands Off!, uninstalled the app, and everything worked as they should. Maybe the devs need to update the compatibility for 10.12.

Last edited:

person s

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2005
That's very odd - do you still have the 10.12.0 installer?
I've now reinstalled from the Sierra 10.12.0 installer and this is the result

system 2.jpg

does this mean I don't have Sierra installed, or is it just a glitch?
how else can I find out?

person s

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2005
I now have an ending for my story
the Sierra installer on the app store is now 10.12.1 and it installed on both my Air and wife's Macbook and now shows Sierra in About this Mac
no idea why it didn't work before

petitpiton

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2009
UK
There is a very frustrating bug that causes notifications to reappear after being dismissed from Notification Center. Specifically, there is a birthday reminder/notification from Calendar and a reminder from Reminders (very lackluster compatibility with iOS). I ended up deleting the reminder rather than snoozing it because I just didn't want to be bothered with it anymore.

I still have this in 10.12.1 release. Does anyone else have this issue?

I get a particular set of reminders and calendar events that are from about 3 weeks ago that keep on triggering every 20 seconds or so if I have notifications on for reminders and calendar. The reminder events do not appear in the reminders app as outstanding. Everything is up to date, but I still get these reminders for the same item triggering from 3 weeks ago?

Reactions: DaPizzaMan

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Something odd after my update to Sierra 10.12.1.

I had Preview open in the foreground and tried to open a Numbers file from the :apple: > Recent Items Menu.

A message popped up saying "Preview doesn't have permission to open this file." o_O Which was puzzling because I don't want Preview to open that file.

I thought I had made an error and tried it again — same message.
Also happens with other (non Preview type) files.

When I change to something else in the foreground, say Chrome or Mail, the file open correctly from the :apple: > Recent Items Menu as expected.

Is this a known bug?

rominronin

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2015
Vienna
Same behavior for me, I don't have installed any particular tools but when I have upgraded to Sierra I have lost focus on application every time change desktop, it's not a big problem but it's very annoying.

I have the issue of focus being stolen by the incorrect after selection in mission control. eg. I would choose finder and instead a sublime window will be on top; I would change to a chrome window in a full-screen space, and a desktop chrome window will be on top.

Its annoying, yes, but its incredibly debilitating for me - I (used to) switch apps very frequently in my workflow and now I'm having to learn to use alternative app-switching (command-tab, dock).

Yes I can work like that, but I switched away from windows because I didn't want to.

petitpiton

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2009
UK
My issue of constantly getting notifications from the Reminders list (every 20 seconds whether I mark them complete or ignore) appears to be an AddressBook issue since my console log is also repeatedly showing the following cycle of errors:
"
error 13:07:48.942907 +0000 AddressBookSourceSync warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'uniqueId' for entity ABCDInfo while resolving selector 'uniqueId' on class 'ABCDInfo'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:51.959579 +0000 AddressBookSourceSync warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'serialNumber' for entity ABCDAddressBookSource while resolving selector 'serialNumber' on class 'ABCDAddressBookSource'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.022181 +0000 AddressBookSourceSync warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'uniqueId' for entity ABCDAddressBookSource while resolving selector 'uniqueId' on class 'ABCDAddressBookSource'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.093377 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'uniqueId' for entity ABCDInfo while resolving selector 'uniqueId' on class 'ABCDInfo'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.103904 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'serialNumber' for entity ABCDAddressBookSource while resolving selector 'serialNumber' on class 'ABCDAddressBookSource'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.147291 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'uniqueId' for entity ABCDAddressBookSource while resolving selector 'uniqueId' on class 'ABCDAddressBookSource'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.157465 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'uniqueId' for entity ABCDContact while resolving selector 'uniqueId' on class 'ABCDContact'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.165760 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'uniqueId' for entity ABCDGroup while resolving selector 'uniqueId' on class 'ABCDGroup'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.167219 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'uniqueId' for entity ABCDPhoneNumber while resolving selector 'uniqueId' on class 'ABCDPhoneNumber'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.167257 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'fullNumber' for entity ABCDPhoneNumber while resolving selector 'fullNumber' on class 'ABCDPhoneNumber'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.167291 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'label' for entity ABCDPhoneNumber while resolving selector 'label' on class 'ABCDPhoneNumber'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.167382 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'isPrimary' for entity ABCDPhoneNumber while resolving selector 'isPrimary' on class 'ABCDPhoneNumber'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.168598 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'uniqueId' for entity ABCDPostalAddress while resolving selector 'uniqueId' on class 'ABCDOwnedObject'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.168764 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'customValuesDictionary' for entity ABCDPostalAddress while resolving selector 'customValuesDictionary' on class 'ABCDOwnedObject'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.169599 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'label' for entity ABCDPostalAddress while resolving selector 'label' on class 'ABCDOwnedObject'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.169625 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'isPrimary' for entity ABCDPostalAddress while resolving selector 'isPrimary' on class 'ABCDOwnedObject'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.170242 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'orderingIndex' for entity ABCDPhoneNumber while resolving selector 'orderingIndex' on class 'ABCDPhoneNumber'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.170897 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'uniqueId' for entity ABCDEmailAddress while resolving selector 'uniqueId' on class 'ABCDEmailAddress'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.170932 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'address' for entity ABCDEmailAddress while resolving selector 'address' on class 'ABCDEmailAddress'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.170976 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'label' for entity ABCDEmailAddress while resolving selector 'label' on class 'ABCDEmailAddress'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.171019 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'isPrimary' for entity ABCDEmailAddress while resolving selector 'isPrimary' on class 'ABCDEmailAddress'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.172032 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'uniqueId' for entity ABCDContactDate while resolving selector 'uniqueId' on class 'ABCDContactDate'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.172107 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'label' for entity ABCDContactDate while resolving selector 'label' on class 'ABCDContactDate'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.172155 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'isPrimary' for entity ABCDContactDate while resolving selector 'isPrimary' on class 'ABCDContactDate'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.173444 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'orderingIndex' for entity ABCDEmailAddress while resolving selector 'orderingIndex' on class 'ABCDEmailAddress'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.173520 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'uniqueId' for entity ABCDRelatedName while resolving selector 'uniqueId' on class 'ABCDOwnedObject'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.173581 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'name' for entity ABCDRelatedName while resolving selector 'name' on class 'ABCDOwnedObject'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.173612 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'label' for entity ABCDRelatedName while resolving selector 'label' on class 'ABCDOwnedObject'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.173642 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'isPrimary' for entity ABCDRelatedName while resolving selector 'isPrimary' on class 'ABCDOwnedObject'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.173956 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'uniqueId' for entity ABCDSocialProfile while resolving selector 'uniqueId' on class 'ABCDSocialProfile'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.174592 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'label' for entity ABCDSocialProfile while resolving selector 'label' on class 'ABCDSocialProfile'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.174618 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'isPrimary' for entity ABCDSocialProfile while resolving selector 'isPrimary' on class 'ABCDSocialProfile'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.175343 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'uniqueId' for entity ABCDMessagingAddress while resolving selector 'uniqueId' on class 'ABCDMessagingAddress'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.175944 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'label' for entity ABCDMessagingAddress while resolving selector 'label' on class 'ABCDMessagingAddress'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.175972 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'isPrimary' for entity ABCDMessagingAddress while resolving selector 'isPrimary' on class 'ABCDMessagingAddress'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.176077 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'serviceName' for entity ABCDService while resolving selector 'serviceName' on class 'ABCDService'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.194837 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'orderingIndex' for entity ABCDRelatedName while resolving selector 'orderingIndex' on class 'ABCDOwnedObject'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.231249 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'orderingIndex' for entity ABCDPostalAddress while resolving selector 'orderingIndex' on class 'ABCDOwnedObject'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.238109 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'uniqueId' for entity ABCDURLAddress while resolving selector 'uniqueId' on class 'ABCDOwnedObject'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.238157 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'url' for entity ABCDURLAddress while resolving selector 'url' on class 'ABCDOwnedObject'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.238193 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'label' for entity ABCDURLAddress while resolving selector 'label' on class 'ABCDOwnedObject'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
error 13:07:52.238237 +0000 AddressBookManager warning: dynamic accessors failed to find @Property implementation for 'isPrimary' for entity ABCDURLAddress while resolving selector 'isPrimary' on class 'ABCDOwnedObject'. Did you remember to declare it @dynamic or @synthesized in the @implementation ?
"

So it looks like possibly there's a type declaration missing in the source code somewhere?!
This is what it looks like:

Last edited:

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
I have trouble with deleting notifications. At times it will let me delete all at once within an app. At times I have to delete them one at a time. I have sort set to "Recents By App".

rangers12

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2009
Just updated to Os Sierra and it has caused major problems!:(:(:(:(:(:(

I use an external Thunderbolt drive as my boot drive on my late 2012 Imac. When I updated with OS Sierra, Itunes, Siri, and the App store can't connect with the Apple Server. Could this be related to booting off an external drive, or is a flaw that others have encountered. I have reset my internet connection, but it did not make a difference.

I tried system restore and reinstalling but it wanted to reinstall El Capitan; not sure if it was looking at my regular hard drive on my Imac.

Any ideas?

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
Only persistent bug I've found is that the f12 key no longer ejects the optical drive.

Lou

DaPizzaMan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2016
Just updated to Os Sierra and it has caused major problems!:(:(:(:(:(:(

I use an external Thunderbolt drive as my boot drive on my late 2012 Imac. When I updated with OS Sierra, Itunes, Siri, and the App store can't connect with the Apple Server. Could this be related to booting off an external drive, or is a flaw that others have encountered. I have reset my internet connection, but it did not make a difference.

I tried system restore and reinstalling but it wanted to reinstall El Capitan; not sure if it was looking at my regular hard drive on my Imac.

Any ideas?
I don't know if this is the same thing but: https://9to5mac.com/2016/10/31/appl...gning-into-itunes-store-app-store-and-icloud/

fucSierra

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2016
Sierra Problem...installed 2 weeks ago....( macbook pro Sierra 10.12.1 0 )
Never mind that MacBook Pro freezes about once every 12 hours in last 2 weeks never mind that my mouse disconnects at random times with no pop-up saying it was ' disconnected' and the track pad doesn't acknowledge any tapping... never mind that it takes about 2-5 hits on a key for the letter to be registered for my password when I boot up BUT it just shuts down for no reason and reboots with a ' You've got a problem ' pop-up and did so when I was trying to enter this message about 10 minutes ago.

so far , SIERRA SUX BIG TIME !!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Jermann

Pinkie Pie

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2012
Los Angeles
I upgraded from Mavericks (what my rMBP shipped with) to Sierra a month ago and my MBP has frozen and required a hard restart 4 times since then. No idea what's causing it (spindump, I guess?). Something is even causing kernel_task to hit over 1,000% CPU usage. I've already experienced more problems with Sierra than I have in the last 10 years of using Macs! Ugh, I wish I could go back ...

archvile

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2007
The nVidia web driver for Sierra (267.15.10.05f01) crashes my 2012 MBP approx. once a day with GPU exceptions. For some weird reason, always when I'm quietly surfing with Google Chrome (i.e. when the GPU ought to be passive). Reverting to Apple's default driver has fixed the issue.

Chrome uses GPU rendering on websites by default. Have you tried turning that off in the Chrome options? I think it is at the very very bottom of the advanced options.

rmpbklyn

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2015
I have the following issues since Sierra:
logout: only can do reboot at terminal. logout just hangs only the desktop remains, no messages appear

slow: opening even the apple menu is slow , eg recent, shows blank, finder spins (grey icon)

several unknown errors appear multiple times per minute: appleidaudit, opendirectoryd, addressbooksourcesync and icloud helper(i don't use cloud and skip any icloud settings sign on)

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2007
Gee, installed Sierra on another partition along side my main Snow Leopard install, what a buggy disaster this OS is.

1) System Preferences/Keyboard/Modifier Keys set Caps Lock to No Action doesn’t retain setting after a restart.

2) Mail.app using classic view set most recent date on message received sorted at the bottom of the message window, type data into search field the list scrolls to the top and doesn’t return to the bottom after removing data from the search field.

3) Press the power button doesn’t bring up the Shut Down dialogue any more , user has to press and hold for 3 seconds and then the dialogue appear in the background so can’t instantly hit S, R Enter for Sleep, Restart or Shutdown, but click on dialogue to bring to foreground first. PITA!!!

HTH does obvious stuff like this get released????

Shamgar

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2015
I submitted a time sheet today and discovered that Preview in Sierra does not fill out PDF forms in a manner that is consistently readable by other applications. Bunch of blank entries showed up in the Finder preview and in Adobe Acrobat.

duffman9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
I think I've had enough and I'm going to reinstall Sierra. Networking has been acting up for I don't even know how long anymore.

Fixed my network issues by doing this!

I had issues with Sierra refusing to recognise some of Wifi access points, but not all. I could not work out why, and tried all the above fixes. Finally cracked it when I found that Sierra had turned IPv6 to AUTOMATIC. As soon as I set it to LOCAL LINK ONLY, all my troubles went away on wifi. Sierra now running like a train on my MacBook Air 2012.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.