Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonLa

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2009
Having Safari issues - regular beachballing and freezes - often but not always requiring a Force Quit (Late 2010 Air). Those of you who have reinstalled did you do a clean install or just over the top of the existing one?

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
I'm trying to update my beta to 10.12.2 and the app store can't find the update.

Also, I re-installed the developer beta installer for sierra 10.12 and it didn't seem to help

Any idea's? About my mac shows 10.12.1 Beta (16B2548a)

Thanks

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
Having an issue where Wifi calling is no longer working. Trying to answer phone calls on my Mac just gives me a "Called from iPhone failed" error every time.

TeToslaw

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2013
I have problems with Safari graphic glitches in upper part of the browser but only appear when pinned sites. Do u have the same problem? Any solution?

nbwallace

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2011
Having graphics glitches on login screen and on transition. Also it seems that graphics are really slow when clicking on downloads in dock it takes several seconds to get the file view up. I am using a GTX750Ti (flashed) and the latest nvidia web drivers.

ToTo Man

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2008
Two weeks ago I updated my 2011 MBA from 10.12.1 to Sierra, and ever since doing this the Finder frequently misbehaves. When I open a window or folder, it disappears almost as soon as it opens, and all of the folder and file icons also disappear, and then reappear a couple of seconds later. It's like the Finder quits and relaunches, but I don't get any prompt message to say this has happened. It might not seem like a major bug, but if the Finder is already doing an important process when it happens, e.g. copying data to/from an external drive, it is serious because it stops the process dead and so risks corrupting data. Has anyone else experienced this same bug and is there a fix for it?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Two weeks ago I updated my 2011 MBA from 10.12.1 to Sierra, and ever since doing this the Finder frequently misbehaves. When I open a window or folder, it disappears almost as soon as it opens, and all of the folder and file icons also disappear, and then reappear a couple of seconds later. It's like the Finder quits and relaunches, but I don't get any prompt message to say this has happened. It might not seem like a major bug, but if the Finder is already doing an important process when it happens, e.g. copying data to/from an external drive, it is serious because it stops the process dead and so risks corrupting data. Has anyone else experienced this same bug and is there a fix for it?
I have not seen a pattern of posts on this issue under Sierra. It may be that you have some utility running that is incompatible with Sierra. Try rebooting and hold the shift key at startup to boot to safe mode. That will stop all launch and startup items from running. If that fixes the issue, then you know you have a launch or startup item causing the conflict.

Last edited:
Reactions: ToTo Man

heymonroe

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2015
My exchange calendars stopped syncing entirely in b2, continued on b3, and I've since rolled back to 10.12.1 and they are working again. Clearing calendar caches didn't work, and exchange mail has been fine. Just an issue with exchange calendars.

nelly22

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
In Get Info window under More Info used to be "Where from". Only few files i have downloaded have this information. Why?

Mobster1983

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
Well my 2013 iMac (fully maxed everything) updated to Beta 3 last night and it killed my internet. I am plugged in with ethernet and connected to Wifi. Wifi works (writing this on my MBP).

Resetting the computer multiple times does nothing. Also reset the router, and the PRAM.

I finally fixed it with an SMC reset, but came back a few hours later and no more internet...again. Definitely the computer and I had no issues before this most recent beta.

Any ideas?

nelly22

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
Well my 2013 iMac (fully maxed everything) updated to Beta 3 last night and it killed my internet. I am plugged in with ethernet and connected to Wifi. Wifi works (writing this on my MBP).

Resetting the computer multiple times does nothing. Also reset the router, and the PRAM.

I finally fixed it with an SMC reset, but came back a few hours later and no more internet...again. Definitely the computer and I had no issues before this most recent beta.

Any ideas?

I also reseted SMC. How i can know it was reseted successfully? Is there SMC log some where?

riker1384

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
West Coast
I'm having lots of beachballing from Safari. I had this in the past, due to my keeping lots of windows open, but the problem is now the whole system becomes unresponsive and I can't quit Safari or do anything else. I have to reboot it at least once a day instead of simply force-quitting Safari. It's a huge pain in the ass and it has caused me to loose things I was typing.

Reactions: kramden88 and JonLa

yep-sure

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
I'm having so many problems with Sierra too. Prior to Sierra, I could probably count on one hand how many times I've had to restart my Mac, but now I have to restart almost every day.

- Safari using so much RAM, so getting constant beach balls and lock ups.
- BlueTooth devices (mouse and trackpad) both constantly disconnecting (sometimes every 20-30 seconds, it drives me crazy)
- Time Machine not appearing as plugged in or backing up for days, despite the other partition of the drive showing and working fine.

and the latest one I'm experiencing tonight, extremely slow WiFi. Downloading some songs now at 4.5KB's, reflected in all speed tests I complete. All other devices in the house flying at ~95Mbps as normal. Have restarted everything and can't fix it.

It's all really starting to impact my productivity. I'll have to do a format/reinstall soon, I thought I was done with those back when I gave up using Windows computers at home 5-6 years ago!

Reactions: riker1384 and JonLa

SRTM

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2011
Just got my 2016. Loaded up messages, pulled up the emoji bar, closed it and now its showing up on my screen.
Hoping this gets fixed in an update.

Attachments

• 50181983273__9BBD0E67-1A37-4485-95AA-9778AE08E53A.JPG
    50181983273__9BBD0E67-1A37-4485-95AA-9778AE08E53A.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 212

SRTM

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2011
Getting bugs in chrome with the touch bar. Randomly all the touchbar icons will dissapear. Only touching where the position of certain icons are will bring them back. And they only come back one by one.

troc

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2006
The Netherlands
Ever since the latest beta (three), my network shares no longer connect when on wake from sleep. It was never 100% certain that the would with previous betas (or even production versions to be fair) but now it's a 100% fail.
Bloomin' irritating!

Veldhuis

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2015
Anyone else notice the fans of their Mac spin up more frequently since updating to macOS 10.2.1 (build 16B2657)? On my retina iMac (see attached image for specs), even browsing/scrolling on Facebook (using Safari) can make the fans spin noticeably louder from time to time. This *never* happened before this particular update.
It also happens when I bring up "About this Mac -> Storage -> Manage" when I have a couple of other apps open as well.
I found an old installer of one of the GM builds and installed it on an external HDD. Fans stay much quieter throughout usage there. Updated that copy to 16B2657, and much more audible fans...
I have reset SMC and PRAM, to no avail.

15_11_2016__20_44.jpg

rezwits

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2007
Las Vegas
I am only having major problems with my MacBook Pro 17" (early 2011). The minor problem I am having with my rMBP 2015 is, after about a week or so, the power button is unable to sleep the machine, so I either have to reboot or CTRL-Power OR FN-Power, to get the dialog to click sleep or s, or of course Apple Menu -> Sleep.

But back to the 2011 MP 17", it too exhibits the Power Button Issue, but the WEIRDEST THING - If I sleep the machine it does one of two things:

It either wakes up in an hour or so over and over, and I have to keep sleeping it with Remote Desktop, or the Power Button, but it keeps waking up.

OR

It just shuts it down, while asleep, just stone cold powers down, after about an hour.

It will do EITHER one of these two things. I have been going over this for about two weeks. 12.1 didn't fix the issue.

WEIRD!

It's a secondary machine for my Projector but still I like to have it sleeping so I can wake it, and put it to work with ARD...

Anything thing would help, I reset the Power Adapter, but in order to reset the SMC, Apple's site says I have to remove the battery, SUCKS!!!!

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
in order to reset the SMC, Apple's site says I have to remove the battery, SUCKS!!!!
No, that's not what Apple's documentation says. The article I've linked below has a section for computers whose batteries are not removable by the end user: https://support.apple.com/HT201295
If the battery is nonremovable
  1. Shut down the Mac.
  2. Plug in the MagSafe or USB-C power adapter to a power source and to your Mac.
  3. Using the built-in keyboard, press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the keyboard, then press the power button at the same time.
  4. Release all keys, then press the power button again to turn on your Mac

rezwits

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2007
Las Vegas
No, that's not what Apple's documentation says. The article I've linked below has a section for computers whose batteries are not removable by the end user: https://support.apple.com/HT201295
You know what I am going to give this a try I have been thinking about doing that, but I figured since I could actually remove the battery with my OWC (torx? screwdriver) that they were "removable." I guess they are talking about Pismos and such...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.