Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rezwits

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2007
Las Vegas
Would flashing red/green/white youtube videos be considered a GPU issue? Or OS Issue.
Is it a Mac Pro? That could be a driver issue or over heating. I had Radeon 280 in my Mac Pro 5,1 and got weird graphics in videos, but I was plugged in with DVI, went to HDMI, no problems... I would say cabling, then over heating...

MY ISSUE:

SMC didn't fix, so I just shut him down for now. Have to wait for macOS 12.2...

SRTM

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2011
Is it a Mac Pro? That could be a driver issue or over heating. I had Radeon 280 in my Mac Pro 5,1 and got weird graphics in videos, but I was plugged in with DVI, went to HDMI, no problems... I would say cabling, then over heating...

MY ISSUE:

SMC didn't fix, so I just shut him down for now. Have to wait for macOS 12.2...
mbp 2016. hmm.
yea ill wait for 12.1 as well before investigating further.

rezwits

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2007
Las Vegas
Man now I am having it really bad, two modes:

Stay on and awake OR Just shuts down

Sleep or no sleep irrelevant (i.e. if I sleep it, it'll wake)

rezwits

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2007
Las Vegas
I think this may be a power adapter issue, I ordered a new one from NewEgg.com for $39 so we'll see. The reason why, is no other search results have this problem, and if I unplug the adapter, and just run on battery it sleeps just fine, so...

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
It is only me, or App Nap barely works on Sierra?

I left Safari open in other space, inactive, and switched to the main desktop and went to bed. This morning, Safari wasn't on App Nap, and using a 2% of CPU. Does this deppend on the CPU arquitecture? I'm on a Nehalem Core 2 Duo.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
By the way, what the hell is the process EmojiFunctionRowIM ?
It is taking a constant percentage of CPU even though I don't have a new MacBook Pro.

EDIT: I have another bug, but I don't want to make three posts, so I'm editing this last message. I have an issue with notification center and its transparency. I have the "reduce motion" enabled, I don't know if this is something related, but my Notification Centre sheet pops up without translucency, and then when I move it with the scroll, it becomes translucent again.

How can I report this bugs to Apple?

Last edited:

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
I have been having the problem where after waking from Sleep my keyboard doesn't respond at all (hit or miss). Caps lock doesn't light or anything. I have to hard power off to restart then it works.

I'm running the latest version of Sierra on a 2012 rMBP and neither my Caps Lock nor my Tab key are working. Is this a known bug? Does anyone know a fix for it? Thanks very much.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^Have not heard of this bug? I'm running it (V 10.12.1, build (16B2657)) on my cMP. No issues here. My keyboard is a Logitech G710+.

Lou

Reactions: jk73

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
The Caps Lock bug was a known issue during the beta but I figured it was fixed pre-release. I hope my problem is some sort of Sierra bug and not a sign my rMBP is dying.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^I forgot to mention I also have an MBA. That's working fine also.

The only keyboard issue, if you could call it an issue, is that in Sierra Apple removed the eject and close commands for the optical drives from the F12 key. Of course this only affects my cMP.

Lou

lolopasa

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2016
Slow (smooth) scroll problem still continues. I tried 3 different brands of mouse; when scrolling 1-2 notch or slowly the scrolling actions does not happen.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Hi!

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but the recent items on apps like Preview don't show up until I shut down the computer and boot it up again. Yes, I need a restart in order to make recent items appear when I slide three fingers down on the dock icon. Is that normal?

Thank you.

rezwits

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2007
Las Vegas
Well seems like macOS 12.2 fixed my power sleep/wake issue with my MBP 17 (early 2011)! But not the damn SLEEP Button on my rMBP 15/15!

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Has finder and dock been freezing a lot for anyone else on the new Betas?

Yes. I was never on Betas but the release version I received and applied two days ago, is rather a crippling bug. Only a restart helps. I don't even know how to report it since I have to restart the machine when that happens. MacBook Pro 13 with Touch Bar here.

Em29

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2016
China
I faced the black screen problem in new macOs 10.12.2 in MBP TB 13' after wakeup by fingerprint for unlock MBP.

Service engineer asked me to reinstall OS again after backup data later.

--I will update it later.

Last edited:

justywusty

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Anyone else seeing the SystemUIServer crash? It appears to do it upon waking from sleep.

Update: After uninstalling iStat Menus (didn't help) I quit running Bartender 2 and haven't had a crash yet. It's still early but putting the MBP to sleep and then waking it a few hours later would consistently produce the crash--doing so multiple times after quitting Bartender has produced no crashes so far.

Update 2: Still seeing the crashes. Nothing but the standard OS stuff in the task bar. Activity Monitor just says 'not responding'. Must be an OS level bug.

I'm seeing this all the time on my 2016 MBP that I did a clean install on...not sure what's up. :/

phas3

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2008
Battery percentage indicator is stuck, would need to toggle "show percentage" on and off to get an up-to-date counter. Any fix for this?

rezwits

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2007
Las Vegas
Well, seems like, now this is weird, but if I try to sleep my rBMP 15/15, IF just the power button doesn't work, all I have to do instead of restarting is use CTRL-Power or FN-Power, and it will sleep, but there is a kicker, after I do this "Just pushing the power button by itself" sleeps the machine again like it should, weird, but good.

After about 4-5 hours or if I do something weird again, (I can't isolate right now), just pushing sleep stops working again erg, but then a quick CTRL-Power fixes it for like 4-5 hours REPEAT... you get it...

50L

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2014
current issues IMAC 5K late 2014 :

shutting down my mac always causes errors with MAIL or NOTES, I always have to force quit those apps, EVERY SINGLE TIME

sometimes I can't click buttons in PHOTOSHOP CC

Safari crashes sometimes

startup is much slower than previous osx

Funny thing is, I have NONE of these issues on my MBPr

WayneShorter

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2016
Just downloaded 10.12.2 and now neither Safari or App Store work. Mail and Messages work fine. I'd try to reinstall the update, but I have no way to do so (to my knowledge) without having access to Safari or App Store. Don't have a time machine backup. This is on my new MBP 15". Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

sziehr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
The messages forcing DGPU is killing my battery. I only notice it after I have already threaded 15% of power down the drain doing nothing thanks to messages invoking and not resigning the DGPU. I swear apple fix this and the machine might hit the 10 hour battery life.

ToTo Man

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2008
I have not seen a pattern of posts on this issue under Sierra. It may be that you have some utility running that is incompatible with Sierra. Try rebooting and hold the shift key at startup to boot to safe mode. That will stop all launch and startup items from running. If that fixes the issue, then you know you have a launch or startup item causing the conflict.
Upgrading to 10.12.2 appears to have cured my problems, fingers crossed it remains that way!...

fatalogic

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2016
I' having a problem where my macbook pro won't save the permissions I set for my HDD. It asks me for a password everytime I try to make a change on the harddrive. If I change the permissions to read and write for everyone or add myself the settings don't stick.

SRTM

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2011
Getting an issue when I wake my MacBook from sleep - the screen stays black, but the keyboard still lights up. Sometimes this happens when my external monitor is turned off (but plugged in). Even if I unplug everything from the MBP, the screen still stays black, and I need to do a hard shut down to fix the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.