Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
Has anyone else here encountered any issues with Sierra and restarting macOS?

I 'treated' myself to a second hand mid-2015 iMac 5K 27" late last year and whilst it worked fine on my late 2014 Mac Mini whenever I wake my iMac from sleep and go to restart macOS when it behaves poorly I am presented with a blank screen and the mouse cursor.

JMC24X

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2017
Anybody have the same issue in Safari with little black squares dotting the screen?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 21.47.53.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 21.47.53.png
    1 MB · Views: 460

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2006
Europe
Actually not limited to Safari, seems to impact Chrome at the same time, suggesting something at a lower level affecting networking or DNS retrieval going on...

fanfzero

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2016
Same here, troubles with pages not loading on 10.12.3, even on spotify. It happened to me 2 days ago, today it seems to be working fine.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Have you tried flushing your DNS cache or pinging the unreachable servers to see if you're getting a destination IP?
The pings are fine and the websites it happens to are completely sporadic. Definitely a bug in .3.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2006
California
Issues so far:
1. Hot Corners doesn't work - I use hot corners to start screensaver and lock the screen when leaving my desk.
2. Can't copy calibration profile to ~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles - tried Finder copy, terminal cp as sudo and also enabled root user but with no success.
3. CH340/CH341 (Serial interface) kext crashes whole machine.

Any fixes for the hot corners for the screensaver? Mine are still broken. "Put Display To Sleep" corner does work though... Thats what I use now since screensaver corner is broken.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Sometimes when screen sharing (Screen share enabled in System Preferences, Sharing) and u remotely access a Mac, the option in Finder Preferences of that machine "Open in tabs instead of Windows" does what it says but when u tap/double click it, while normally, its behaves only on right click..

After i connected directly via HDMI to view screen, then went back and tries remote aces again, it's ok... opens in same window... Never seen that happen before.

Me too. Experiencing issues that would be indicative of DNS problems. Tried different DNSes but problem persists.

If it was DNS problem, wouldn't it be affecting other browsers as well then? As working fine in Firefox.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
If it was DNS problem, wouldn't it be affecting other browsers as well then? As working fine in Firefox.
A better working of my post would have been "I'm experiencing the sort of problems that would usually be associated with DNS issues but there doesn't seem to be any issues with the DNS." :)

Huge125

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Anyone else notice change in trackpad behaviour since El Capitan? I have 16A320 and for some reason 2015 retina macbook is registering "right clicks" when touching the right side of the touch pad. This was not present in El Capitan. (disclaimer: I have the right click activated but it has not been like this)

My 2012 MBP is on the verge of being unusable after the update due to trackpad issues. Even without the touching the machine it appears as though the mouse is triying to zoom in on web pages as if I am trying to make the page bigger. The cursor will also start moving to the right if left on the desktop, and sometimes the cursor gets really big as if I am trying to zoom in even on the home page. This was not happening before the 10.12.3 update.

One of the bullet points on the upgrade was to fix a trackpad issue. I did not have one before, but now I do. I have rebooted numerous times.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Did you empty the caches from the developers menu, quit, and relaunch? Sometimes I find that gets my dns issues worked out.
Thanks for this. After a few days, the issue has reoccured, but clearing caches fixes it for a while. I have submitted a bug report to Apple.

Reactions: smirking

microx7991

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2012
I've been plagued by random shut down in connection with third-party bluetooth keyboard, since the 10.12.3 update (worked fine for El Capitan & 10.12.0-.2).

Every few hours (while the keyboard is connected) my MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) shuts down. When powering up again, I get the "shut down because of a problem" dialogue.

Mouse from the same company also currently works fine.

I have tried unpairing, draining the keyboard battery, several cache purges and NVRAM resets, and pairing again, but no luck.

JesperA

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
Sweden
Has anyone noticed weird behaviors with Safari tabs? Sometimes when i create a new tab and then write the adress into the adressbar, hit enter and BEFORE the site loads i switch to another tab, the site will sometimes load in the tab that i switched to instead of loading in the new tab i created. The annoying thing is that all the browsing history in the tab i switch to is gone when this happen so i cant simply navigate back to the site that the new site replaced.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Has anyone noticed weird behaviors with Safari tabs? Sometimes when i create a new tab and then write the adress into the adressbar, hit enter and BEFORE the site loads i switch to another tab, the site will sometimes load in the tab that i switched to instead of loading in the new tab i created. The annoying thing is that all the browsing history in the tab i switch to is gone when this happen so i cant simply navigate back to the site that the new site replaced.
Yep, that happens to me very often. I have submitted a bug report to Apple.

Reactions: JesperA

fhopper

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
Ks.
Seagate BUP Slim SL Media 2 Tb external SSD does not mount. (TM drive)
Disk Utility sees the physical drive and sees the volume but the volume is not mounted, the drive still mounts on boot just fine on my Powerbook Pro 13 Retina on the current release OS. Using Disk Utility allows me to Mount the Volume using the mount button in Disk Utility, otherwise I can unplug the USB cable from the back of my iMac and plug it back in immediately and it will mount.
I have also had a phantom Generic HD Icon (I use a custom Icon) show up on several Boots. When selected in a Finder window the Drive Icon has no content. Beta 10.12.4 both releases.

imom

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2008
I am also having connectivity issues across all apps since upgrading to 10.12.3

I have 0% uptime now, and flushing the cache makes no difference.

Also tried changing DNS server.

Last edited:

imom

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2008
Getting desperate here. Mac has basically been bricked and I spent an entire day trying everything to restore the internet.

Only clue I can give is that pinging a domain name results in "unknown host" error but pinging an IP address works. I tried 3 or 4 different DNS servers but didn't help. Multiple reboots didn't help. Wifi works fine on other devices, and Mac connects to wifi.

A lookup results in the following error: kcferrordomaincfnetwork error 2

Latest status: nslookup and dig are working, but not ping. Ping still results in "unknown host" when using domain name, but works on an IP address

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.