Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

friednoodles

Suspended
Feb 4, 2014
Wow, at least one more forum member here with the same problem!
My hard disk had occupied about 165gb before 10.13.2 update.
Now it shows as occupied about 200gb!!!
What is this? A bug?
I am trying to find out what is going on with applications like 'daisydisk' for disk usage, but I can't discover anything strange or anything made by me during the last days.

Please, somebody post a solution here...unbelievable problem....
:(

Could this be something to do with local snapshots? See this thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/solution-reclaim-storage-back-from-system.2073174/

Reactions: Weaselboy

tmoney468

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2007
I officially give up on this OS. Once I finish up a couple projects and have some free time heading back to Sierra for good.

Edit: also found out why deleting files doesn't always update the free space right away:

"Also note that whenever you delete a file on APFS, its space doesn’t get immediately reclaimed, because all changes are captured by the snapshots."

Source: https://daisydiskapp.com/manual/4/en/Topic/HiddenSpace.html?subtopic=StillHiddenSpace

Reactions: rgbastro

iMacoo7

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
Destin, Florida
Anyone having issues with AirDrop? I have a rMBP 2015 13" in 10.13.0 and an iPhone SE in 11.1 Public Beta 5. I can send files via Airdrop to my SE just flawlessly, they appear right away. On the other hand, when I try to send something to my MBP, it takes like twice the time and it seems to get stuck, I get the receiving file sound of Airdrop, but the file/image takes up like 10 secs to appear on the Download folder.

Anyone ?
I have 2017 Imac that does the same thing. Will allow flawless usage with my iPhone X, but does not work with my iPhone 8. Trying Air drop with the following machines takes 15 minutes to discover or not at all
2016 MacBook
2012 mbp
2014 mba
[doublepost=1512947032][/doublepost]
The EXACT three problems I’ve had since 10.13 betas. 2014 MacBook Pro. I haven’t tried the new betas but from what I’ve read, these three issues haven’t been fixed. Had 0 problems before 10.13.
Same issues...
2017 Imac fails to open every time When Apple Watch 3 is in range. Only allowing me to unlock the unit once within a day if that.

BasilFawlty

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2009
New Mexico
I'm not sure if this is a bug or by design, but i makes no sense to me. When I open MAPs App and try to look at "Preferences" I only see "Email Preferences" and when I click that I get the exact same "Report an Issue" dropdown as if I click on "Report an Issue". Doesn't the Maps App have regular Preferences like every other app?

Agent2015

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015
Sonoran Desert
macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 beta 2 Build 17D25b released December 18, 2017.

As usual there is little information in the accompanying Release Notes.

jinh0o

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2016
New York
Does anyone else get odd blinking of the safari browser when coming off of fullscreen? Here is an example

also, some video streaming sites just freeze with the audio playing in the background if I toggle fullscreen using double click.

Reactions: fluamsler

PicnicTutorials

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2013
Mac version 10.13.2 - Finder: transferring large files to external drives finally seems to work now (in less than 1 hour). And the icon images show up now immediately which confirms my suspicion that this previous bug had to do with iconserviceagent possibly.

I'd prefer that apple in the future admits fault on these bugs and openly says they are working on a solution. Instead of us all scratching our heads thinking we are going crazy looking for fixes. The unknown is always 10x worse than the known.

tmoney468

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2007
Well, it’s been fun with High Sierra, but I’m downgrading to Sierra. In the process of migrating my files and apps from the HS install to the fresh Sierra install

Reactions: rgbastro

notrack

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012
When I add a new file - e.g. screenshot or an export - it takes very long until it shows up in Finder. Up to 30 seconds.

Sometimes it goes away after a reboot but returns again sooner or later.

(Edit: This seems to be caused/related to sync apps like SugarSync and Google backup and sync.)

Last edited:

Chuck Rodent

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2014
eGPU under Thunderbolt 1 and 2 no longer works in 10.13.2. Probably due to the need for the TB3 to TB2 adapter. Reverting to 10.13.1 and eGPU works. If you purchase an eGPU and expect it to run on older Macs with TB 2 or TB1, you need 10.13.1 or earlier.

bauermusic

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2017
I have the time separator changed to a point . instead of a colon : so 9AM reads 09.00 instead of 09:00, this is on both Macs.

On my MBP, i have an external monitor, and now I cannot save files to the external monitor's desktop., can't drag and drop them to it either.
[doublepost=1510714754][/doublepost]

Yes, lost all the metadata in mine. Its a mess now.

Had the same issue with an external display. Could not drag files to it, could not focus on the desktop by clicking it and some files that were on it did not show at all (only through a finder window). Only after restart things went back to normal.

oneplane

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2017
Latest beta running here, rMBP 2015 13", still having graphics performance issues. I can now reliably reproduce it; I just start VirtualBox, enable 3D acceleration and start any VM with a GUI. This seems to trigger the issue every time within minutes. Same for other 3D-accelerated things like a few games and productivity applications, but that is not as reliable as the VM.

TVreporter

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2012
Near Toronto
Just had what I think was a kernel panic... while I was editing photos. Screen got all glitchy...then rebooted on itself several times.

But then things seem fine again... High Sierra...or am I looking at hardware (2011 iMac)

arkhanjel

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2003
Ran into a problem after 10.13.2 with folder naming. For years I've used folder names like this (name-year2018.month02) to separate out monthly files that change so that I can keep track. Well today I copied a folder and changed the month and I got this dialogue box. I've never run into this before. Any suggestions on fix or is this just a bug we have to wait for Apple to get around to fixing?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 7.01.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 7.01.23 PM.png
    51 KB · Views: 330

Omega Mac

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2013
2012 Mac Mini updated to H/Sierra, iCloud has lost it's mind - works fine in iP6s, iOS 11 Files.app and MB 2010 MBP (H/Sierra) but 2012 MM H/Sierra sees what it wants to see in iCloud, less files or simply not the same or only iCloud APP folder (maybe two, pages, numbers.. nothing else). Weird.

I signed in and out. I reboot. Made no difference. Is there hope out there for a fix anytime soon?

angel99percent

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2018
This is a Wiki, so anyone can edit it and add bugs and/or bug fixes.

10.13 DP1
-------------------------------------------------------
Bugs:
  • System takes longer to boot (rMBP 2015)
  • Samba connections broken (extremely slow)
  • Attempts to create time machine backup fails, no backups possible
  • Can't disable Time Machine local snapshots (via terminal)
  • Can't hide login items in system preferences
  • Problems with network (HTTP; sometimes webpages load very slowly)
  • random restarts (Mac Pro, 2013)
  • slow UI animations (rMBP 2013, 13")
  • „telnet“ command not present in terminal
  • System hangs when locking screen and resuming it on again
  • reboots when using key shortcut to put to sleep mode
  • high battery drain when in sleep mode
  • Randomly switching color mode when playing movies (for some - not confirmed)
  • after reboot auto brightness is always turned on
  • external display is not detected when it's connected to the device at boot up (for some - not confirmed)
  • Printing fails with "Filter Error". Reinstalling printer did not fix.
  • Safari "download tab" doesn't resize appropriately
  • Mails app crashes frequently
  • zooming pdfs in Safari with touchpad gesture results also in scrolling up
  • Overall system slowness
  • Can’t zoom out of pdf in preview
  • exporting edited pictures in photos might create a corrupted picture
  • iMessages is broken after rolling back Sierra, contacts show as numbers and unable to send iMessages to new contact as says number not registered to iMessage.
  • MacBook (Pro/Air) Battery works, but is not seen. In Powersettings if turned on it closes instantly (probably only 3th party batteries)
  • Email alert sound no longer works.
Bug fixes:
  • -
10.13 DP2
Bug fixes:
  • UI animations seem to be fast again
  • Can hide login items again
  • Safari "download tab" resizes properly again
  • improved overall system speed
  • zooming out of pdfs in preview works again
  • afp connections seem to be broken now as well (besides samba) (deprecated on

• APFS volumes)
10.13 Public Beta (17A291m)
Bugs:
  • Mail Preference Panes not displaying correctly, only get blank window.
  • Launchpad - cannot delete app after icon starts wiggling when editing Launchpad
  • Auto-Unlock with Apple Watch not functioning. "Mac cannot communicate with Apple Watch"
10.13 Developer Beta 5 (17A330h)
New bugs:
  • Internal trackpad is not recognised in System Preferences (MacBook Mid 2010)
Reoccurring bugs:
  • AVCHD content in browser view in QuickTime cannot be scrolled
Bug fixes:
  • Dock no longer glitches on OpenGL capable only Macs when opening an app that is not pinned to the dock
  • Since the first beta of Sierra 10.12, frame rate of FaceTime video calls has finally been fixed
10.13 Gold Master Candidate (17A362a)
New bugs:
Reoccurring bugs:
  • FaceTime (avconferenced process) crashes with Always on Top mode when entering background app in full-screen
  • Internal trackpad is not recognised in System Preferences (MacBook Mid 2010)
  • iOS 10 devices don't see tabs opened on Macs with Safari 11
Bug fixes:

10.13 Official Release (17A365)
New bugs:
  • Black boot screen with grey progress bar (APFS Encrypted disk, MacBook Pro 15-inch, Mid 2012)
  • When I'm opening folders it's impossible to use them because always flick in the screen (MBP TB2017)
  • System Preferences Trackpad gesture animations don't play (MacBook Pro 15-inch, Mid 2012)
  • Slow boot times with TRIM enabled. Disabling TRIM speeds up boot time.
  • Netflix full screen green screen with Safari or Chrome and SD content (Macs with HD4000 graphics)
  • Video artifacts garble Parallels VM display when switching desktop spaces to/from Parallels VM in full screen mode (MBP 15-in mid 2012)
  • Pink Hue on dropped menus [workaround: turn off automatic graphics switching on Macs with dGPU. Also fixes Mail slow scrolling when Move/Copy mail to mailbox.]
  • [Feature?] "Keychain Access" has no menu bar option anymore. [Preferences>General option removed]
  • Two fingers swipe back/forward not working on Safari on multiple occasions. The swipe animation moves a little, but then reverts back. (MBP 15-inch, Mid-2015)
  • Apple Notes: when conducting a search, the results are sorted in random order instead of the order specified in Settings.
Reoccurring bugs:
  • FaceTime (avconferenced process) crashes with Always on Top mode when entering background app in full-screen
  • iOS 10 devices don't see tabs opened on Macs with Safari 11
Bug fixes:

Don't know how to edit the first post but
I've found a bug in Finder, when I try to copy file over 2GB to external USB drive formatted to Fat32 it fails with error that file is too large to volume format... I've tried to copy the same file on my windows computer cuz I first thought that my USB corrupted but my windows machine succeeded. I've found the overway this problem on Mac is to use for example commander one app instead finder app.

Reactions: Omega Mac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.