Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

mrfrim

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2018
Don't know how to edit the first post but
I've found a bug in Finder, when I try to copy file over 2GB to external USB drive formatted to Fat32 it fails with error that file is too large to volume format... I've tried to copy the same file on my windows computer cuz I first thought that my USB corrupted but my windows machine succeeded. I've found the overway this problem on Mac is to use for example commander one app instead finder app.

Hi,

This is not a bug but a limitation in fat32, it can't handle 2GB+ files, reformat your USB drive to exFat instead.

//Jakob

Reactions: joesegh

Omega Mac

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2013
Don't know how to edit the first post but
I've found a bug in Finder, when I try to copy file over 2GB to external USB drive formatted to Fat32 it fails with error that file is too large to volume format... I've tried to copy the same file on my windows computer cuz I first thought that my USB corrupted but my windows machine succeeded. I've found the overway this problem on Mac is to use for example commander one app instead finder app.

That's for the commanderone.app tip, never reapplied it existed. Good to have in the toolbox.
[doublepost=1516369786][/doublepost]
2012 Mac Mini updated to H/Sierra, iCloud has lost it's mind - works fine in iP6s, iOS 11 Files.app and MB 2010 MBP (H/Sierra) but 2012 MM H/Sierra sees what it wants to see in iCloud, less files or simply not the same or only iCloud APP folder (maybe two, pages, numbers.. nothing else). Weird.

I signed in and out. I reboot. Made no difference. Is there hope out there for a fix anytime soon?

Ok this has resolved itself today. I signed out again yesterday and then a while later, signed back in. Maybe it needed time overnight to do something, who knows - but it's now working thankfully.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Ran into a problem after 10.13.2 with folder naming. For years I've used folder names like this (name-year2018.month02) to separate out monthly files that change so that I can keep track. Well today I copied a folder and changed the month and I got this dialogue box. I've never run into this before. Any suggestions on fix or is this just a bug we have to wait for Apple to get around to fixing?

Looks like Finder preferences reset. Go into Finder->Preferences -> Advanced and uncheck warn before changing extensions.

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2017
I did not encounter this problem with my Fujitsu Scanner. However, my problem is that Abby Finereader does not automatically start OCR anymore after a scan. I have to manually drag and drop my PDFs to Abby Finereader for the OCR to start.
Anyone else got this problem ?

Ebenezum

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2015
Since the update, I have kernel panics every 45 minutes (MBP Late 2016). What the hell is happening?

Impossible to say without further information. You might want to take a look at the Console which has the Kernel panic logs and see if they have something in common. If you cant find anything relevant there open a new thread, include as much information about the problem as possible and the kernel panic log so someone can give you further advice.

ozthegweat

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2007
Switzerland
Impossible to say without further information. You might want to take a look at the Console which has the Kernel panic logs and see if they have something in common. If you cant find anything relevant there open a new thread, include as much information about the problem as possible and the kernel panic log so someone can give you further advice.

The kernel panic logs show that the crashes didn't share the same extension or process, so they're not really useful. I also zapped PRAM and SMC and reinstalled macOS via internet recovery, all to no avail. I will wait until tomorrow, perhaps it's a more common problem and Apple releases a supplemental update. If not, I'll open a separate thread.

Cancelled
Nov 10, 2013
Can you use personal hotspot/instant hotspot with your iPhone and your Mac and also place a cellular call from Mac? (not placing a facetime call). Because it is not working for me - of course I have everything set as it is required from apple for continuity to work. Everything else is working for me except for placing cellular calls from Mac and transferring calls from iPhone to Mac. When I try to it will place a call, there is a few seconds of silence and then it will end call with message that call failed. I don't have a proper wifi network to test it here, only iPhone hotspot and at least for me it is not working.

macOS 10.13.3 and iOS 11.2.5

Last edited:

Slimmyhendrix

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
MN
Am I the only one who is having mouse issues on MacBook Air ?

On both my mid 2013 4gb and 2015 8gb on first boot the mouse is gone from the screen for about a minute or 2 after boot up. You can see the popups when you scroll over the DOCK but there is no visual mouse. Waking from sleep its ok. Only happens on initial boot up.

Also with the mid 2013 4gb air, the boot up time has tripled. I just installed 10.13.3 tonight and have not really checked the speed change on this but from initial 10.13 and 10.13.2 it has tripled the boot time since Sierra.

Also I noticed that upon initial boot up after hitting the power switch, the screen backlight lights up but nothing happens for about 15 seconds then I see the apple logo and load bar. Happened after 10.13.2 update.

Norbert Mikołajczyk

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2016
try to reinstall, I had strange crashes on El Capitan, I run the installer and install El Capitan again and no more crashes at all, yuppie

lortloaf

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2015
tried searching the thread but, i guess people use different phrases to what i thought of to search for - my MBP5,1 (late 2008) is working pretty great (discrete gpu even works where it didn't in Sierra!), only big issue i am finding now.. screen brightness doesn't seem to work properly:

screen off, first, second, and third blips work - but after that it doesn't get any brighter. i'm going to try searching through the thread again, but if anyone already figured out a fix (or if this is just something to live with) in the mean time please let me know :)

edit: oh, huh. restarting fixed this. well, if anyone else ever gets to a situation where the brightness doesn't go beyond a certain point - try restarting!

Last edited:

mikeandangela81013

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2018
This is a Wiki, so anyone can edit it and add bugs and/or bug fixes.

10.13 DP1
-------------------------------------------------------
Bugs:
  • System takes longer to boot (rMBP 2015)
  • Samba connections broken (extremely slow)
  • Attempts to create time machine backup fails, no backups possible
  • Can't disable Time Machine local snapshots (via terminal)
  • Can't hide login items in system preferences
  • Problems with network (HTTP; sometimes webpages load very slowly)
  • random restarts (Mac Pro, 2013)
  • slow UI animations (rMBP 2013, 13")
  • „telnet“ command not present in terminal
  • System hangs when locking screen and resuming it on again
  • reboots when using key shortcut to put to sleep mode
  • high battery drain when in sleep mode
  • Randomly switching color mode when playing movies (for some - not confirmed)
  • after reboot auto brightness is always turned on
  • external display is not detected when it's connected to the device at boot up (for some - not confirmed)
  • Printing fails with "Filter Error". Reinstalling printer did not fix.
  • Safari "download tab" doesn't resize appropriately
  • Mails app crashes frequently
  • zooming pdfs in Safari with touchpad gesture results also in scrolling up
  • Overall system slowness
  • Can’t zoom out of pdf in preview
  • exporting edited pictures in photos might create a corrupted picture
  • iMessages is broken after rolling back Sierra, contacts show as numbers and unable to send iMessages to new contact as says number not registered to iMessage.
  • MacBook (Pro/Air) Battery works, but is not seen. In Powersettings if turned on it closes instantly (probably only 3th party batteries)
  • Email alert sound no longer works.
Bug fixes:
  • -
10.13 DP2
Bug fixes:
  • UI animations seem to be fast again
  • Can hide login items again
  • Safari "download tab" resizes properly again
  • improved overall system speed
  • zooming out of pdfs in preview works again
  • afp connections seem to be broken now as well (besides samba) (deprecated on

• APFS volumes)
10.13 Public Beta (17A291m)
Bugs:
  • Mail Preference Panes not displaying correctly, only get blank window.
  • Launchpad - cannot delete app after icon starts wiggling when editing Launchpad
  • Auto-Unlock with Apple Watch not functioning. "Mac cannot communicate with Apple Watch"
10.13 Developer Beta 5 (17A330h)
New bugs:
  • Internal trackpad is not recognised in System Preferences (MacBook Mid 2010)
Reoccurring bugs:
  • AVCHD content in browser view in QuickTime cannot be scrolled
Bug fixes:
  • Dock no longer glitches on OpenGL capable only Macs when opening an app that is not pinned to the dock
  • Since the first beta of Sierra 10.12, frame rate of FaceTime video calls has finally been fixed
10.13 Gold Master Candidate (17A362a)
New bugs:
Reoccurring bugs:
  • FaceTime (avconferenced process) crashes with Always on Top mode when entering background app in full-screen
  • Internal trackpad is not recognised in System Preferences (MacBook Mid 2010)
  • iOS 10 devices don't see tabs opened on Macs with Safari 11
Bug fixes:

10.13 Official Release (17A365)
New bugs:
  • Black boot screen with grey progress bar (APFS Encrypted disk, MacBook Pro 15-inch, Mid 2012)
  • When I'm opening folders it's impossible to use them because always flick in the screen (MBP TB2017)
  • System Preferences Trackpad gesture animations don't play (MacBook Pro 15-inch, Mid 2012)
  • Slow boot times with TRIM enabled. Disabling TRIM speeds up boot time.
  • Netflix full screen green screen with Safari or Chrome and SD content (Macs with HD4000 graphics)
  • Video artifacts garble Parallels VM display when switching desktop spaces to/from Parallels VM in full screen mode (MBP 15-in mid 2012)
  • Pink Hue on dropped menus [workaround: turn off automatic graphics switching on Macs with dGPU. Also fixes Mail slow scrolling when Move/Copy mail to mailbox.]
  • [Feature?] "Keychain Access" has no menu bar option anymore. [Preferences>General option removed]
  • Two fingers swipe back/forward not working on Safari on multiple occasions. The swipe animation moves a little, but then reverts back. (MBP 15-inch, Mid-2015)
  • Apple Notes: when conducting a search, the results are sorted in random order instead of the order specified in Settings.
Reoccurring bugs:
  • FaceTime (avconferenced process) crashes with Always on Top mode when entering background app in full-screen
  • iOS 10 devices don't see tabs opened on Macs with Safari 11
Bug fixes:
Hello can someone please help me I have a early 2011 macbook pro core i7 I recently upgraded to High sierra and now when I reboot It goes to apple logo with no progress bar grey screen with just apple logo if I turn off and on a few times I might luck out ive tried pram reset don't work any ideas?

Zsuzsannafor

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2018
Hi,
Contact Apple. I had this problem once with an other OS.
I have the same MacBook Pro of 2011. I already expanded its memory and cleaned in all ways, but mine still very slow. I cannot understand how Apple can allow such a lack of performance ...
My problem by the time only could be resolved by official Apple service.

oldhifi

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2013
USA
On my 2010 MBP 17 in., it jumps around sometimes, and gets a black screen ?? and on my
2009 27 in. IMac I get the orange ball a lot..

watsonjm

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2008
Cambridge
Tried to turn on my iMac last night, as normal the apple logo appeared with the loading bar...... and that was it.

Loading bar took much much longer than normal, got to 100% then just sat.

Have tried getting into the recovery menu (cmd + R) but every time the loading bar comes up and does the same thing again.

Am planning on taking a wired keyboard home tonight to try that but feel like i'm clutching at straws?

iMac is a 2007 21" running what ever the latest version of OSX that it can (basically i do all updates when they come on the app store)

Any suggestions

potatis

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2006
I have the Pictures folder selected as wallpaper folder in Settings, with change every 30min and random selected. This always reverts to the standard Apple wallpapers folder sooner or later. Not sure why, don't usually shut the mac down if that matters. Am on 10.13.3 but I think it's been going on since 10.12 at least. Is this a bug or due to something else?

taxi_driver

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2017
Couple annoyances on High Sierra:

1) After emptying trash, the notification window prompting if I want to delete all items won't go away. Requires relaunching finder from force quit

2) Constant sleep wake failures, can hear my computer restarting while its shut

May downgrade to back to Sierra..

CCHFBFER

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2018
OS X High Sierra Mail Search not working. My fix was to run the command:

sudo mdutil -i on /

After that it finally worked! :)

bursty

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2004
I recently noticed a weird bug and its driving me crazy. All the sudden about two days ago I noticed when I bumped the volume up that the display for volume was a lighter shade than normal. And now my dock is a bright grey instead of the more transparent grey it has been. Is there a way to change this or was this part of some small update or change recently? Maybe this is nitpicking and I'll get used to it but I really cant stand these tiny little details that seem to pop up nonstop lately between HS and iOS11

AZOnO7L.png

[doublepost=1519062878][/doublepost]
I recently noticed a weird bug and its driving me crazy. All the sudden about two days ago I noticed when I bumped the volume up that the display for volume was a lighter shade than normal. And now my dock is a bright grey instead of the more transparent grey it has been. Is there a way to change this or was this part of some small update or change recently? Maybe this is nitpicking and I'll get used to it but I really cant stand these tiny little details that seem to pop up nonstop lately between HS and iOS11

AZOnO7L.png

Well after digging around I found a "reduce transparency" option in the accessibility tab in sys preferences. No clue how that got checked. Such a weird random thing to happen. But that fixed it so whatever.

RamGuy

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
Norway
TimeMachine Backups and AirPort Utility is bugged on macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 BETA1, BETA2 and now BETA3. Time Machine on my MacBook Pro keeps complaining about my Time Capsule not being available. It works just fine on another MacBook running 10.13.3.

When running AirPort Utility it doesn't see my Apple Time Capsule or my Apple AirPort Express. Both shows up when using AirPort Utility on iOS or on my other MacBook running 10.13.3. And if I try to reset my Time Capsule or my AirPort Express its not possible to configure them using 10.13.4 BETA2 or BETA3 without getting errors while it works just fine using iOS and my other MacBook.

So there seems to be some major bugs going on here.

Reactions: tigerandyx9

Netman

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2017
Bug Safari Technology preview at favorites sites page doesn’t scroll down nor up! On my iMac mid2010
Bug entering full screen then glowing to another space or back normal view menu bar leaves his space empty

Batt4Christ

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2014
Arkansas
New Bug alert:

macOS High Sierra 10.13.14 beta (17E150g) + Canon ImageClass driver = gibberish output. Image/graphics print. Text is meaningless garbage. Canon support has gone through several exchanges and nothing works. They said they can do nothing more until the final release of this version of macOS... UGH First beta of 10.13.14 worked just fine with ImageClass printers. This last update broke it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.