Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Glovericals

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2017
[doublepost=1504276885][/doublepost]I have same problems even with the newest releases of High Sierra Beta. I have tried all what I could get on the web to address same issue without success,have your resolved your's and if yes, whats the step by step solution you found to resolve it?
Thanks for your feedback

Resolved
Airfoil and Airfoil Satelite were the problems. Uninstalled both, cleaned the system, restarted and It works perfectly. I have reinstalled only the Airfoil and it still works. I did not install satelite though.

jdclifford

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2011
Seeing this behavior in High Sierra in Safari with the SiriusXM player also - works in Firefox and Chrome but no sound in Safari. Seems to be playing the stream (can pause, change channels, etc.), just no sound being output.
I reported this with Apple feedback a few betas ago but nothing yet. i also mentioned it to SiriusXM.

David_W

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2017
Leicestershire, UK
I am currently running PB Version 8. I have the following issue which I have read through this thread and no one else has mentioned. Can anyone else confirm if they have this, so that I know whether it is just me. Here is the the issue:

When saving a new document, in either TextEdit, or an MS Office application (any), the application hangs, I get a spinning beachball, and my file is not saved, and I have to force quit the application. When opening, editing and then saving an existing document that was created before High Sierra beta installation, the document will save with no issues.

David_W

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2017
Leicestershire, UK
I can now confirm that the issue mentioned in my previous post has now been resolved. I had just noticed that PB version 9 was available, installed that and now I have no more saving problems. Also I can add to this in that before PB V9 I was also getting constant high CPU usage. CPU usage now seems to be normal.

mosher

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2013
Germany/Ukraine
Safari in latest Public Beta
Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 15.47.50.jpg

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2013
I still can't tap on the left side of Control Strip sliders to dismiss them.

JSAlvarez

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
Having an issue with my 2017 tbMBP 15", where if I plug in with ethernet, iMessages work for a bit, then all of a sudden stop working until they eventually, and suddenly all come randomly or I force a login and logout of iMessage. This issue does not happen on just wifi, which is very unusual. I have tried multiple ethernet adapters, made sure my location is set to automatic, and all of them seem to have the same behavior. This is actually the second exact same MacBook with the exact same issue on High Sierra. Issue since beta 1. Any ideas?

dpdpdp

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2016
New England
For me, at least Preview now loses all the content of notes annotations when you open a PDF file. Also, if you open any note (only to discover all the content is gone), Preview asks you if you want to save changes when closing the file. If you allow the save, the contents of all the notes are gone for good.

MIKX

macrumors 68000
Dec 16, 2004
Japan
Not sure if this has been posted about .. In HS Beta 9 I had no ausio output from Firefox 54 . . .dowloaded Firefox 55.0.3 just now and audio is working.

Also prior to that I could not get audio output from my builtin cMP 4,1 to 5,1 Bluetooth or any of my BT dongles except one dongle with "Cambridge Silicon Radio" chip. I need to re-check this after I catch up on some much needed sleep.

bradley8795

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
Anyone else having this issue with the Mac App Store and the iTunes App Store? Basically they seem like the are not loading correctly. Like they are on a 2G old school connection or something, and it loads some of the images, but not all of them. And the store on both is pretty much unusable. I was able to use the Mac App Store to update to iTunes 12.7 last night and hoped that might fix it, but it hasn't. Done the reboots, and all that. The only thing I haven't tried is wiping it and starting over again.

Some other info. On a 13"mpbTB 2017 base model.

Edit, seems to be an issue with Adguard. Turned it off and everything is working fine.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 5.05.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 5.05.13 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 213
Last edited:

merlin2105

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2017
Hi, I have also a bug in the GM version of Safari, after the start of a downloads remains on the screen a small Gray Safari icon visible which no longer goes away, every new download produces such an icon......

Attachments

• igORGcQqRwitSawODinySA.png
    igORGcQqRwitSawODinySA.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 264

HumpYourWayUp

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2007
Europe
That GM candidate is crap!!

My 4k monitor isn't recognized anymore in High Sierra. It does only do 30Hz and I cannot set resolution scaling anymore!
In Sierra everything was fine at 60 Hz... :mad:

Ironic.... Apple did not release any display since ages while at the same time external monitor support gets increasingly crappy

dialekt

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2014

My 4k monitor isn't recognized anymore in High Sierra. It does only do 30Hz and I cannot set resolution scaling anymore!

Ironic.... Apple did not release any display since ages while at the same time external monitor support gets increasingly crappy

Just curious what your monitor model is?

dialekt

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2014
Pretty bummed out that I'm one of the unlucky few that has FCPX crashing constantly :( (High Sierra GM)

bradley8795

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013

I a similar issue. I have the 27" HP ENVY and connecting over USB-C my external monitor is no longer recognized at all. The USB-C cable charges the MacBook of course, and the monitor detects that there is a device connected, but there is no signal from the MBP to the monitor, and it just immediately goes to sleep.

oneplane

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2017
I'm having the performance / graphics performance issue for the last 3 betas. Currently running GM, but this happened with 17a358a and 17a360a all the same. I don't know for sure if rebooting after a sleep/wake fixes it for me, but anything doing accelerated graphics makes the system extremely laggy. It's not beachballing, but the mouse pointer becomes 'detached', where it loses the acceleration settings and just moves over the screen with highlights/labels/selections (when click dragging) following behind with quite the delay.

It's really strange, as I can't always reproduce it, but when it happens it's always when running a few tabs in Safari, FireFox or Chrome with one or more video players, or there is an app that uses OpenGL directly open, like a game (StarCraft 2) or a 3D model viewer. This is on a MBP 2015 13".

Some applications have a little bit more crashy behaviour, like Terminal crashing when you close all tabs quickly, instead of it quitting. But that's probably due to beta data collection/beta program diagnostics. No corruption or dataloss whatsoever. While the beta isn't perfect or anything, compared to the betas for 10.5 back in the day it runs great!

Reactions: mcarvin

axboi87

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2006
Dallas, Tx
Having issues doing a clean install of the GM (rc) on a late 2009 MacBook. Install goes along fine, appears to finish, system reboots and I'm back at the installer as if nothing happened. Checked that it's not simply booting to the USB instead of the HD, but HD is not bootable.

Have tried remaking the USB, using a different stick (2.0 instead of 3.0), Installing onto HFS instead of APFS, doing a pram reset, along with of course multiple attempts at the install.

Going to try a clean install of Sierra, then upgrade & convert to APFS. Not ideal but giving it a shot.

Dave_iPhone6s

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2016
Hi guys, new to the forum! Can someone please confirm whether you can backup to Time Machine in the GM-version? Much appreciated!!

Uplift

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011
UK
I'm struggling to get iMessage app to display contact names it will only show numbers, i've tried signing out etc but nothing :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.