Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

JesperA

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
Sweden
No issue like your one mine. A re-install might by necessary.
Yep, probably should have done that before posting, i re-installed, no fresh install, just update install with the same "install", took 3-4 hours for some reason, original install was about 30 minutes. Safari now works properly

Feel sorry for the developers (did not send a bug report for this one), must be frustrating to filter/bugtest stuff that people report that turns out to be failed/corrupted installs and not actually real bugs

Edit: Still horrible CPU usage and just opening Safari still results in a 100% cpu Spindump, no such thing in STP

Last edited:

ejlenny

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2010
I have found High Sierra to be stable on my Macbook 12, however I had an app caused AIRFOIL installed and when I upgraded this appears to caused an issue with the local sounds drivers.

I can see the VOLUME control but no local sound drivers, and if I tried to open the SOUNDS Preferences I receive errors or it appears and no local sound device. Sound outputs via my APPPLE TV, so its pointing to a coreaudio issue.

I have also found that I cannot start the Macbook up in Safe Mode, I just get a white STOP sign and I tried resetting the PRAM and had to pick out the Start up Drive, local HD, again.
[doublepost=1503404496][/doublepost]Appreciate this post, having same issue even after 7. I also have Airfoi installed. Have you resolved this on your own? Any suggestions?

m-e

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2015
No issues at all with CPU today on my part and have been using my Mac all day at office.

By the way, about feedbacks, anyone are having their submitted date changed everyday in the feedback assistant ? It's like this on my iPhone and my Mac since Public Beta 4 I guess. For example, the issues I reported during PB4 are showing up like if they were sent 2-3 days ago when I was on PB5.

GaryMumford

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2008
UK
A bug (since Sierra 10.12) that prevented Microsoft Office from saving to Drobo NAS devices seems to be fixed. PB5 was still problematic but PB6 is working. I don't know if this has been fixed by PB6 or Microsoft (using latest Office v15.38), But either way it's great news :)

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
No issues at all with CPU today on my part and have been using my Mac all day at office.

By the way, about feedbacks, anyone are having their submitted date changed everyday in the feedback assistant ? It's like this on my iPhone and my Mac since Public Beta 4 I guess. For example, the issues I reported during PB4 are showing up like if they were sent 2-3 days ago when I was on PB5.
Yes, been having this issue for a year or so. Makes me worried that Apple is not reviewing my bug reports at all. Bummer since I've put a lot of time into them.

Ateebn

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2015
When I check hard drive space on my ssd, I have lost 150gb to system information. Is this normal?

I am using the latest build of beta.

DocoBob

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2017
USA
In PB6 if i try to open Safari my tabs never load (the website titles are in the tabs), the content itself never load AND all other applications on my Mac refuse to open, they open just fine if i reboot my Mac and open them without touching Safari.

Anyone else has this problem? Maybe a corrupt install so i will re-install the latest beta again and see if that solves the problem
Mine works fine, I've tested it thoroughly. Good lick with the re-install.

Erdbeertorte

Suspended
May 20, 2015
When I check hard drive space on my ssd, I have lost 150gb to system information. Is this normal?

I am using the latest build of beta.

Same for me yesterday. I had almost 200GB free space but always got a warning that I have not enough space left and couldn't install anything. But it's back to normal now.

Everything had been gray on my boot drive here and was declared as other with a few GB free space left.

Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 5.32.12 AM.png

Edit: But there is still a bug. BOOTCAMP is shown as 500GB what is the full amount of flash storage in my MacBook.

While this showed almost 200GB free:

Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 5.34.15 AM.png

Now it's identical and I didn't do anything.

Roogna

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2017
In PB6 if i try to open Safari my tabs never load (the website titles are in the tabs), the content itself never load AND all other applications on my Mac refuse to open, they open just fine if i reboot my Mac and open them without touching Safari.

Anyone else has this problem? Maybe a corrupt install so i will re-install the latest beta again and see if that solves the problem

I’m having the same issue. It sounds like there’s a installer bug to file.

Gary500

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2009
Anyone else experiencing the bug where you wake from sleep and the graphics performance for openGL goes down dramatically until you reboot? This was an old bug back in the day and I've been experiencing in on all the High Sierra betas on my rMBP with Radeon 455. The intel GPU is unaffected.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
Anyone else experiencing the bug where you wake from sleep and the graphics performance for openGL goes down dramatically until you reboot? This was an old bug back in the day and I've been experiencing in on all the High Sierra betas on my rMBP with Radeon 455. The intel GPU is unaffected.

One thing I noticed with my 2017 15" MacBook Pro in regards to graphics performance is when on using the intel graphics that minimizing windows in Safari are painfully choppy and slow. If I head to settings / power / and turn off automatic graphics switching the issue goes away. I'm going to guess that the intel graphics portion is still undergoing optimization. . . I hope thats the case anyway. . .

edit: I should say this was on the previous beta to the one that was just released. I went back to Sierra within an hour or two. . . Even after all of the indexing and such the problem persisted, and I just didn't want to deal with it.

Dozze

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2017
Brasil
The High Sierra betas brought a Preview bug back from the dead. Text from any PDF is annoyingly blurry. A similar problem occurred with macOS 10.11 and it was fixed one year later in the GM version of 10.12.
Anyone else rocking non Retina Macs to verify this bug?

Attachments

• Preview_CorrectBehaviour_Sierra.png
    Preview_CorrectBehaviour_Sierra.png
    373 KB · Views: 297
  • Preview_UnexpectedBehaviour_HighSierraBeta.png
    Preview_UnexpectedBehaviour_HighSierraBeta.png
    434.2 KB · Views: 308

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
The High Sierra betas brought a Preview bug back from the dead. Text from any PDF is annoyingly blurry. A similar problem occurred with macOS 10.11 and it was fixed one year later in the GM version of 10.12.
Anyone else rocking non Retina Macs to verify this bug?

Yes, same here. Please send as much bug reports as possible. :(
Do you by chance have LCD font smoothing turned on in General Settings?

irco

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2017
Hamar
After installing the public beta 7 I log in just to experience returning to logn over and over again. Anyone experiencing the same?

Liam W

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2015
UK
Since about DP6, I've had issues with sleep, like others have reported.

Unlike others, I'm using a 2015 MBP and the hibernatemode and standby were set to the correct values, and changing them did nothing to help.

I'm patiently waiting for Apple to fix it in a future beta, unless anyone has a fix that works?

Incidentally, I've also had an issue with the desktop background disappearing on the FileVault login screen... it only happens a few times after an upgrade, and then it suddenly goes back to normal.

I think I'll report that one to Apple.

Liam

Last edited:
Reactions: permar

knelt

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2017
After installing the public beta 7 I log in just to experience returning to logn over and over again. Anyone experiencing the same?

I am seeing the same behavior and it's very erratic. I can't launch Chrome or Opera at all, but Safari works for a while. Firefox launches, but I haven't tested it yet. I've removed all login items from my Users and Groups panel with no change in behavior. Upgraded (?) to 17A358a this morning and regret it very much. Everything was working well before the upgrade.

displaced

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2003
Gravesend, United Kingdom

Almost.

Opening Photos causes a 100% reproducible WindowServer crash, which presents as the mouse pointer disappearing for a second, screen goes black for another second, then the login screen appears.

Full reinstall fails to get rid of this problem.

Occasionally happens with actions other than launching Photos, e.g. using Quicklook in Finder.

Glovericals

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2017
I have found High Sierra to be stable on my Macbook 12, however I had an app caused AIRFOIL installed and when I upgraded this appears to caused an issue with the local sounds drivers.

I can see the VOLUME control but no local sound drivers, and if I tried to open the SOUNDS Preferences I receive errors or it appears and no local sound device. Sound outputs via my APPPLE TV, so its pointing to a coreaudio issue.

I have also found that I cannot start the Macbook up in Safe Mode, I just get a white STOP sign and I tried resetting the PRAM and had to pick out the Start up Drive, local HD, again.
[doublepost=1504276885][/doublepost]I have same problems even with the newest releases of High Sierra Beta. I have tried all what I could get on the web to address same issue without success,have your resolved your's and if yes, whats the step by step solution you found to resolve it?
Thanks for your feedback

Shonuff

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
Does anyone have any sound issues streaming Sirius XM on Safari? I still get no sound in High Sierra beta 2. Steams fine in Firefox.

Bump - still having issue in Beta 8 - Anyone else?

Seeing this behavior in High Sierra in Safari with the SiriusXM player also - works in Firefox and Chrome but no sound in Safari. Seems to be playing the stream (can pause, change channels, etc.), just no sound being output.

Reactions: jdclifford
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.