Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Nope. I have resorted to just not letting my screens go to sleep. :|

I did find one thing though. If you put the computer to sleep manually, you can wake it back up successfully every single time. I have filed a bug report with Apple, and now I can see a "More than 10".

Apple's investigation into it is "complete - unable to diagnose with current information".

Reactions: ErikGrim

dandroid

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2008
This threads are getting more and more disappointing each year. A few years ago they were full of little surprises, each day I've found nice little features which I liked in the new OS. In the last few years all the new things were found on the first two days, and people just ask around bugs after that. So sad. :(

Yeah... I assume those design-detail-loving people are still out there somewhere, just apparently not on this forum any longer.

Reactions: hourglass111

tehabe

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2018
Hamburg
maybe I overread it somewhere, in Mojave, the initial login background is always the default one, some boring photo of the Mojave. Will this change in Catalina?

P.S. maybe this is only true when FV2 is active

mrmiketheripper

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2015
FL
My new "favourite" things in Catalina: 10 notifications at once asking if I want to allow apps to send me notifications. Really? I've also found that it does NOT like eGPUs at all. If I safely eject my eGPU, macOS thinks I have 8 desktops all mirroring my internal laptop display it's madness. Plus having to open system preferences 3-4 times to give apps permissions is so old. This version is kind of a mess

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
Spotted a new "Legacy Desktops" folder in System Preferences in the latest beta. Are we about to get a whole bunch of old OS X desktop wallpapers added back to macOS in Catalina? What could this mean?

Maybe those are gonna be the desktops that are removed from Mac OS X, but if you do an upgrade install it puts them here instead?

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I could be wrong since I did not notice the change between beta 3 and 4, but there seem to be 4 new wallpapers in beta 4.

And there is a Legacy Desktops folder now.

MrWeenus

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2017
Romania
Has anyone noticed that you can now set the language on an app by app basis?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 01.21.07.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 01.21.07.png
    377.7 KB · Views: 416

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
MOD NOTE:

I have deleted some off-topic posts that mentioned bugs, problems, or wished-for features.

Everyone benefits when the purpose of the thread is clear (including moderators, who won't have to handle reports of off-topic posts). Toward that end, I have also edited the 1st post (Wiki-post) so it clearly says that this thread is only for discussing features, and is not for bugs, complaints, etc. I cribbed it from another thread, so it may be familiar.

I suggest that when such threads are created in the future, a similar notice be made in the 1st Wikipost. Many new members post in such threads, and although veteran members will see the title and know how these threads are intended to work, new members will not.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
MOD NOTE:

I have deleted some off-topic posts that mentioned bugs, problems, or wished-for features.

Everyone benefits when the purpose of the thread is clear (including moderators, who won't have to handle reports of off-topic posts). Toward that end, I have also edited the 1st post (Wiki-post) so it clearly says that this thread is only for discussing features, and is not for bugs, complaints, etc. I cribbed it from another thread, so it may be familiar.

I suggest that when such threads are created in the future, a similar notice be made in the 1st Wikipost. Many new members post in such threads, and although veteran members will see the title and know how these threads are intended to work, new members will not.

I suggest changing the title to “The Good Little Things”. Warm fuzzy feeling for everyone. :p

Reactions: adrianlondon

grimwanderer

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2008
I'm noticing as of the latest build that Keychain is lo longer a separate app on MacOS (but the name still appears in Apple ID Settings). You do still get the prompts to enter a password if you are on a webpage (and can drop down a "Passwords" box for more) but so far have not found a way to look up the full list of passwords as the Keychain app allowed you to do).

Haven't seen any mention that Keychain was going away (including in the release notes) but could have missed it) so I'm just passing it on.

Update: As AdrianLondon pointed out, it is still there (in Applications-Utilities) so this may just be a bug on my end that is making it not show up in Launchpad or being found by search Please disregard. :-D

Last edited:

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
If you've only recently installed this beta, then the spotlight search is probably still rebuilding its indexes. Give it an hour or so and it may start to find it :)

I've read on here that Launchpad is pretty messed up in all these betas, in that it's often missing loads of apps. I don't use it, so don't know. I currently use keychain quite often, so have it in my Dock. One day, Apple will put a keychain app on iOS, but until then I'm slowly migrating away from it to Bitwarden.

koifish22

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2014
Pale Blue Dot
A bit late to the beta and haven't noticed a lot of little changes from Mojave, but here are some I found:

- New toggle buttons for DnD and Night Shift in Notification Center
Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 9.51.50 PM.png

- The "add" button in the world clock widget is shaded in light mode
Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 1.26.25 PM.png

Activity Monitor has a few little changes:
- You can no longer enter full screen
- The search bar no longer has a button for recent searches
- The filter text is centered
- some other minor graphical changes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.