Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

pgharavi

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2004
I believe nightshift is busted for me. It's far warmer than it should be for this time of day.

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Safari crashes on me every time. The error details mention the Evernote Clipper and Instapaper extensions as the possible culprits, but I can't open Safari to remove them. Nor can I find them in the old method of going to /Library/Safari. I'm gonna have to put the .dmg for Chrome in Dropbox so that I can install another browser on Mojave until this gets sorted out.

Laco Zamba

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2013
parsecd is using lot of CPU time. It creates lot of files in user /Library/Caches/com.apple.parsecd

ssn637

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2009
Switzerland
Really impressed with this Beta! Much better experience with 10.14 compared with previous Beta versions. I really like the dark mode, but admit it can be a bit tiring on the eyes.

One issue I have is that the News application is hidden and not visible in Launch Pad. I can't seem to make it visible with the usual Terminal command. But I've dragged its icon to the Dock and that seems to work just fine. Most news sites aren't available in my area (Switzerland) except for the Washington Post, which is to be expected I suppose.

Another issue I had to deal with was that many of my Notes weren't legible in dark mode because the text was black. Some notes did switch automatically to a white text but not all, so I simply changed the affected text colors as needed to make them visible.

Last edited:

Dryland

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2010
Transparency isn't working for me event though reduce transparency is unchecked. Works in the menubar but nowhere else.

nesl247

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2008
Florida
Anyone else able to add an internet account and not have it removed? In particular I am adding an Exchange account using the Microsoft login option. After a few minutes with it open in Mail, the account disappears without an error.

I've reported this to Apple already.

PeterDerFlauschige

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2018
Anyone else problems with the trackpad on the MacBook Pro 13" early 2015?
When I use my trackpad to right click I can´t move the cursor anymore

ayoitsleo_

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2018
- Finder stops working randomly
- Some web pages won't load items in safari i.e. checkboxes

MacBook Air Early 2015

saxon48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Barad-dûr
System occasionally freezes for about 5-10 seconds, a few times every hour. On two instances I've had to force-reboot the machine from much longer freezes.

Mid-2013 13" MBP

Reactions: ecapdeville

Lardo02

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2018
I am unable to watch videos in fulll screen on safari, dark mode not working with dynamic wallpapers
Happening on both a 2017 13 MacBook Pro and a 2014 iMac

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
News crashes for me whenever I try to open it. UIKIT couldn’t load. I will try to send a screenshot later. But I am assuming this has something to do with my little snitch not working. Anybody else facing the same issue?

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 10.41.41 PM.png

[doublepost=1528264313][/doublepost]
Yes Dark Mode is working fine with no rendering issues. That being said I am not a great fan.

Agreed... it's hard to always see the dialog boxes in dark mode...
[doublepost=1528264682][/doublepost]One more:

In Messages on Mojave, I am not getting contact names - only phone numbers... everything was fine on iOS 12 (and iOS 11/High Sierra)...

Interesting discovery... I had two people in a group chat (of 4 total participants) with phone numbers listed in my Contacts app as “mobile”... I edited those contacts to use the "iPhone" tag on their numbers and Messages is now showing their names. The fourth person in the group chat is in my Contacts app only by email, and she is listed in the chat by that email address.

Ziiper

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2018
When you open Xcode, the program it's running but the window is not showing to you.

FabTBC

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2018
Really impressed with this Beta! Much better experience with 10.14 compared with previous Beta versions. I really like the dark mode, but admit it can be a bit tiring on the eyes.

One issue I have is that the News application is hidden and not visible in Launch Pad. I can't seem to make it visible with the usual Terminal command. But I've dragged its icon to the Dock and that seems to work just fine. Most news sites aren't available in my area (Switzerland) except for the Washington Post, which is to be expected I suppose.

Another issue I had to deal with was that many of my Notes weren't legible in dark mode because the text was black. Some notes did switch automatically to a white text but not all, so I simply changed the affected text colors as needed to make them visible.

How did you get News in Switzerland. I also live there but can't get the app

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
I found the Safari extension page opens too large on my 11" MBA and the bottom of the page is under the dock icons. Submitted a report to Apple via feedback assistant.

I like Dark Mode and found overall a performance improvement on my MBA (which I was thinking about wiping clean and starting again with a fresh install of High Sierra). Adobe Lightroom (Classic - latest release) appears to be working fine (albeit limited testing).

Does this release have the feedback assistant app in it?

Mine downloaded it before I installed Mojave.

MLVC

macrumors demi-god
Apr 30, 2015
Maastricht, The Netherlands
I live in Switzerland and have the News app. I've always had it on my mobile too. Both my phone and my laptop are set to region United Kingdom.

I have both my iMac as MBP set to region United States. The iMac shows the News app, the MBP doesn't. Guess it's a bug. I have no clue where to find the News app if it's not in Launch Pad

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I have both my iMac as MBP set to region United States. The iMac shows the News app, the MBP doesn't. Guess it's a bug. I have no clue where to find the News app if it's not in Launch Pad
Mine is in my /Applications folder. In fact, if I use the search tool it currently doesn't seem to open any apps, just highlights them in the folder it finds them in.

Reactions: MLVC
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.