Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

OSX15

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2014
Cyberspace
- Glitches and black screen when playing fullscreen video's in safari (YouTube)
- When zooming in into a screenshot (PNG picture) with finder, the picture looks corrupted when you zoom in further (glitching, whole picture no longer visible)
- Sometimes the system hangs / freezes for no particular reason (cause unknown)
- Safari freezes and becomes unresponsive to user input. fix -> force quit -> restart

Clean install of Mojave on rMBP 15' 2015 2.8 GHz / AMD r9

Last edited:

americanguy

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2011
I don't know if it was mentioned, but when i click on the someone's name in messages app it change display name to number

Lepton

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2002
Cold Spring Harbor, NY
Won't fully start up on my MBP. Actually, it does start and asks for password. I enter it, a small spinner appears for a second, then it asks for password again. It is stuck in this loop. If I start up with the Shift held down, it does start fine! Obviously it is something the Shift skips loading, but what? I've already deleted a bunch of launch items etc. but can't find the culprit. :-(

Hellsurfer

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
found a new bug
invoking Siri brings down my fans from 5000 to 2000 rpm, as long as Siri is speaking

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
Actually this might be on purpose becuase the fans might be to loud for the mic to recognize your voice
I noticed my MacBook Pro also lowers the fan speed when using dictation even from when I got it with Mavericks up till El Capitan. I haven’t tried it with newer operating systems.
[doublepost=1528645924][/doublepost]
Actually this might be on purpose becuase the fans might be to loud for the mic to recognize your voice

alvarogsc

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2018
Same on my Macbook 12". Looking for a fix.

On Macbook Air 2012 login screen is gray. No wallpaper. Do you have this bug? Any ideas?

cL645XL.jpg

iPunish901

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
Memphis, TN
Macbook wont work unless in safe mode.

If i boot in normal mode, it freezes right after i log in. The mouse moves but the i cant click on anything or get dock to pull up.

DannEboE

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2016
Macbook wont work unless in safe mode.

If i boot in normal mode, it freezes right after i log in. The mouse moves but the i cant click on anything or get dock to pull up.

I had that issue as well, occasionally i would be stuck in the logging in part and nothing would end up happening. I ended up going into Safe Mode, downloaded and installed CCLEANER, and removed every single startup item I can. That ended up fixing my issue. I'm slowly adding things back into the startup to see if it will affect it.

iPunish901

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
Memphis, TN
I had that issue as well, occasionally i would be stuck in the logging in part and nothing would end up happening. I ended up going into Safe Mode, downloaded and installed CCLEANER, and removed every single startup item I can. That ended up fixing my issue. I'm slowly adding things back into the startup to see if it will affect it.

i will try this

EDIT:
This worked! Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: DannEboE

Pinandi

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2018
anybody got stuck at login screen? after entering password then press enter then the screen goes dark for 2 seconds, with cursor on the upper left corner, then it goes back to the login screen again. someone says that you have to change Library/Preferences folder name using sudo mv. But, when I'm trying to change folder name, command says: "Operation is not permitted." Somebody know how to fix this problem please reply this. Help me. Please.
[doublepost=1528771464][/doublepost]
i will try this

EDIT:
This worked! Thanks!

can you please tell me step by step? thank you

BookEmDanno

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2010
State of ~Aloha!~
The the question was more whether dynamic wallpapers are working with Dark Mode - for lots (all?), it seems to remain at the nighttime wallpaper whatever the time of day is if Dark Mode is enabled.

This does not work for me either. It's supposed to turn the wallpaper to light when it's daytime and dark when it's nighttime. I made sure my location services under extensions are on.

Mahalo!

iPunish901

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
Memphis, TN
anybody got stuck at login screen? after entering password then press enter then the screen goes dark for 2 seconds, with cursor on the upper left corner, then it goes back to the login screen again. someone says that you have to change Library/Preferences folder name using sudo mv. But, when I'm trying to change folder name, command says: "Operation is not permitted." Somebody know how to fix this problem please reply this. Help me. Please.
[doublepost=1528771464][/doublepost]

can you please tell me step by step? thank you

• restart macbook.
  • hold shift after boot up tone.
  • go download ccleaner
  • open app
  • tools > startup
  • remove any programs you think could be the culprit

Reactions: DannEboE

ilpap

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2010
I think this beta is worse than last years high Sierra developers beta 1, which is strange considering that last year they changed the file system and this year they are focusing on improving the OS.

I installed this on a MBP TB 2016, and the Mac was unusable.
Hard reset, login, super slow and once I would click on a menu the Mac would freeze, hard reset.

I formatted and was tempted to try again on a clean install, but based on this thread I will wait for beta 2.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Haven't seen anyone report this... using Messages on my rMBP, the texts come through using the phone number/email address and NOT the name. Was able to fix the numbers by making sure the phone numbers were listed in Contacts as 'iPhone'. If it was 'mobile' or anything else, it only displayed the phone number in Messages... need to test it with someone with non-Apple device...to see if I can list it as "iPhone" in Contacts, and see what that does to address the issue.

Reported it to Apple, as well.

Lukeit

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
Shanghai, China
Weird behaviour on the App Store: I am properly signed in my country App Store, but all the apps I'm searching and viewing are priced in Chinese Yuan (the country I'm living) and whenever I try to buy or download one a message is asking me to change the country back to my country Apple ID.

Anyone with the same glitch? Any workaround or tip to solve this?

Thanks!

waquzy

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2013
Leicestershire, UK
On my MacBook 2015:

* Custom wallpaper changes to the official Mojave after shutting down
* Brightness settings change to default after shutting down
* Quite a slow boot up
* Youtube full screen flickering now and again
* Weird brightness and sound bar glitches, the same as person who posted screenshots, some white bars are grey.
* Folder icons missing, see pic

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-06-13 at 14.49.20.png
    Screenshot 2018-06-13 at 14.49.20.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 268

Grothesk

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2015
weird problem. hope somebody can help. Netflix, amazon prime videos do not play. I get an error message. most streaming sites are choppy. twitter vids are choppy as hell. I did a clean install and tried safari preview version too. always the same problem. uninstalled ad blocker and all. still no change. anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

waquzy

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2013
Leicestershire, UK
weird problem. hope somebody can help. Netflix, amazon prime videos do not play. I get an error message. most streaming sites are choppy. twitter vids are choppy as hell. I did a clean install and tried safari preview version too. always the same problem. uninstalled ad blocker and all. still no change. anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

I don't know what the problem is but all I do know is It's very choppy indeed, had to downgrade back to HS, when browsing through photos, after 1-2 minutes all the thumbnails were missing.... its just way too buggy at the moment, I suggest for you to do the same

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.