Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ralphm2702

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2016
Renchen (Germany)
I'm the owner of a 2015 MacBook Pro and on Mojave Beta 2. The most things work well but Siri has some problems. After activating with its symbol the windows appears but nothing happens. Siri don't want to hear me. By clicking the "?" I can see the possible keywords and so on but after this - nothing.
Any idea? On my iMac mid 2015 this works well...
Siri.jpeg

Morc

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2018
Biskupová
same Safari resetting bug is appearing on my MacBook Pro Early 2011
Also my iCloud Keychain was disabled last time(I know it was enabled).

fdolbec123

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2018
Québec, Qc, Canada
For the wallpaper in Dark Mode, there is a workaround that you can do to temporarily get the same effect as if you had the real dynamic wallpaper.

Go check this link: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/mojave-dynamic-desktop-for-powerpc.2122790/

I know it was intended for PowerPC, but you can use this method to recreate the dynamic effect of the original dynamic wallpaper.

This is a good alternative while we are waiting for Apple to fix it.:):D

Basically, it is a AppleScript that check the time every 15 minutes and applies one of the 16 pictures extracted from the original dynamic wallpaper. This is convert into an app so you can let it run all day long without wondering of launching it every hour manually.

Bravo2zero

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2013
Sheffield
Mac mini 2012 ,

The machine seems to be running very very hot and the fan isn’t speeding up under load almost like the temp control to fan isn’t working.

I installed a 3rd party fan control and set to CPU diode and all cool again.

Tsuchan21

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2018
One thing I don't get that; I report about iTunes/Safari slanted video problem/bug four times in feedback report in website and feedback assistant... and they didn't fix it!! It started all way back to High Sierra 13.4 to current beta... it just are making me frustrated and crazy about it. At least the workaround is still working, but still I prefer default to scaled resolution...

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
One thing that has started to bother me about my Mac.. The OS has just started to feel heavier.. Especially the messaging application. Im on a maxed out 2016 MacBook Pro for the record.. For instance.. Windows 10 running in parallels feels like it runs better than OSX... Hoping that Mojave fixes it

Smoovejayy

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2012
For the wallpaper in Dark Mode, there is a workaround that you can do to temporarily get the same effect as if you had the real dynamic wallpaper.

Go check this link: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/mojave-dynamic-desktop-for-powerpc.2122790/

I know it was intended for PowerPC, but you can use this method to recreate the dynamic effect of the original dynamic wallpaper.

This is a good alternative while we are waiting for Apple to fix it.:):D

Basically, it is a AppleScript that check the time every 15 minutes and applies one of the 16 pictures extracted from the original dynamic wallpaper. This is convert into an app so you can let it run all day long without wondering of launching it every hour manually.

Are you talking about the bug that doesn't let you change the wallpaper? Just updated my MB and I cannot change my wallpaper. The settings pane freezes. I already submitted feedback to Apple...

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2009
Continuity Camera doesnt work. In the notes app or on the desktop i see the option to insert photo from but iPhone is disabled.

Tomkins!

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
Is this fixed in Mojave?
When receiving a FaceTime Video, Audio or Phone Call, the FaceTime notification does not display the Caller’s Contact picture, instead it shows a generic placeholder (until you have accepted the call).

Max E Verde

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2005
New Jersey
Even after doing a clean install of Mojave, my Mac will often logout, go to the Apple logo with the loading screen at like 40% for half a second and then go to the login screen. It happens often after swiping up to use Mission Control or any animations.

MacBook Pro Retina 13" Early 2013, PB1

Reactions: RamondeN

preahkaew

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2012
SuperDuper not working. When I try to do a disc image backup with it in Mojave beta, the app promptly crashes.

Type4O

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I had to reinstall due to hard drive issues and so had a completely clean install of Mojave. Now I cannot log into iCloud or connect to the office VPN.

Probably going to go back to High Sierra for now. Everything is in the cloud, so reinstall is painless.

stoopkidblues

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2014
Sorry just joined the public beta so this may have been answered, but when you set the Dynamic wallpaper is it *only* the wallpaper? I’m trying to see if it’s supposed to turn on Dark Mode as well when it changes to the Night theme? Or is it only a static Light/Dark mode with no way to shift between the two automatically?

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2016
India
It's not working for me either, I have accent colour set as red and highlight colour as grey, but it still highlights in red.

I can do that, but after setting the accent, and then the highlight, in the apps it will still be the same as the accent default.

I'm on first public beta and the accent color is not working for me either. Did you guys find any solution ?

Reactions: dotkev

dotkev

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2018
Using the dark theme with the gray accent color has some very low contrast UI elements.
The finder sidebar active icon is completely invisible at times. With any other accent color, the finder sidebar icons are white and show up fine on any (blurred) background.
dark contrast.png

Reactions: CBJammin103

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2016
India
Using the dark theme with the gray accent color has some very low contrast UI elements.
The finder sidebar active icon is completely invisible at times. With any other accent color, the finder sidebar icons are white and show up fine on any (blurred) background. View attachment 768287
True.

Also did you notice that if you choose an accent color and then choose gray, the accent color actually get's desaturated. For example - if you choose Purple and then click on gray, the highlight color doesn't change(it should change) and the accent color gets desaturated to light violet. I like the violet :p But icons in sidebar get's very low contrast.

Also in dark mode, the highlight color for file name text selection, is of very low contrast.

I hope somebody fixes these. I'l send a report.

Reactions: dotkev

Psychopulse

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2005
London, UK
Installed the beta on an external ssd drive, newset iMac 27", all i get is a spinnig ball and everything freezes. Tried the dark mode on but couldn't even get a Finder to work. Formatted the drive back and went back to High Sierra. Will wait for an updated build later I guess

BookEmDanno

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2010
State of ~Aloha!~
Sorry just joined the public beta so this may have been answered, but when you set the Dynamic wallpaper is it *only* the wallpaper? I’m trying to see if it’s supposed to turn on Dark Mode as well when it changes to the Night theme? Or is it only a static Light/Dark mode with no way to shift between the two automatically?

I'm testing public beta myself and my experience is that the wallpaper is the only one changes between dark and light based on the timezone I'm at.

Reactions: stoopkidblues
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.