Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2016
India
The checkboxes for style elements disappeared in my chrome DevTools. What madness is this. It was working after Mojave installation. Suddenly it disappeared.

Screenshot 2018-06-30 at 3.14.57 PM.png

preahkaew

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2012
New issue I just noticed today: the fan is running constantly on my laptop. Not sure if this is related to Mojave or not, but prior to installing Mojave, I was doing a lot more CPU-intensive activities with it (brand new 2017 MBP), and almost never heard the fan come on. Now, all I'm doing is web browsing and Skype, and the fan is running non-stop.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
New issue I just noticed today: the fan is running constantly on my laptop. Not sure if this is related to Mojave or not, but prior to installing Mojave, I was doing a lot more CPU-intensive activities with it (brand new 2017 MBP), and almost never heard the fan come on. Now, all I'm doing is web browsing and Skype, and the fan is running non-stop.

check activity monitor, see what's eating up cpu. also... did you try rebooting?

Planey28

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Birmingham, UK
Has anyone got cellular calls from their iPhone working?

I'm on PB1, the setting is enabled fine on my Mac and iPhone but cannot get calls (in and out) working on my computer. Dialling a landline/other number on my Mac attempts to make a FT Audio call, which immediately fails.

starkeef

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2018
This is a Wiki, so anyone can edit it and add bugs and/or bug fixes.

10.14 DP1
-------------------------------------------------------
Bugs:
  • various interface issues in the macOS installer (buttons have no borders, overlapping text etc.)
  • News crashes if you try and Force Touch on a word
  • About This Mac still displays a High Sierra icon
  • DVD Player won't open .dvdmedia files (I'm actually struggling to get it to play anything at all!)
  • MAS doesnt show your purchases (just "No purchases").
  • UIKitSystem Quit Unexpectedly Error//iOS Ported Apps (Home, News, Stocks, Memos) will not open
  • No minimise button in Mail
  • Glitches and/or black screen with (fullscreen) video playback in safari (YouTube)
  • When previewing picture (PNG) in finder, zooming in beyond a certain point introduces glitches to the image and the zoomed part of the image is no longer rendered correctly.
  • Preferences option in Appstore is not accessible (greyed out)
  • Safari 12.0 (14606.1.17.40.4) freezes completely from time to time. audio/video playback continues in the background (tab) but Safari becomes unresponsive to user input. Only fix is force-quitting it and restarting.
  • Adobe Acrobat crashes on opening, so unusable.
Fixes:
  • -
-------------------------------------------------------

gt2416

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2018
Is it just me or is Airplay mirroring HORRIBLY broken on Mojave ? My network setup is really good so Airplay used to work flawlessly with no lags. (I know thats not the normal experience using it). On Mojave beta 2 I get no more than 2-3 fps ! Completely unusable.

addonexus

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2018
I installed public beta the day it was available but did not encounter this until today. I did not notice it in High Sierra so not sure if it is a bug in Mojave. If 'Automatically adjust brightness' is checked and the system is adjusting brightness according to ambient light condition, the screen will appear washed out for 10 seconds (i.e. brighter) before returning to the correct brightness level. Did a screen recording using the new feature but it would not be captured.

TitanTiger

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2009
Sure it's been said, but News is incredibly buggy. Frequently reloads or takes me back to the top of an article when I'm reading. Sometimes clicks don't register. Yesterday it crashed so hard it logged me completely out. I don't mean it locked the screen and I had to type my password to go back to what I was doing. I mean logged out. Had to log back in and everything that normally launches at startup had to relaunch again.

MohnishKariappa

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2018
Anybody got that dynamic wallpaper working? I assume it's supposed to change to "daylight" during the day, but it stays at night.

Yeah, you actually have to activate location settings and then turn on the option to have the wallpaper change to every 5 secs. Worked perfectly for me.

xflashx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2016
Lock screen isn't white anymore! :)

EDIT: Well, it appears to be black now...

Last edited:

bisk

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2009
I have a number of apps that aren't launching since updating to DB2 and DB3 hasn't resolved the issue either. So far Messages, Photos and FaceTime aren't launching and Mail once launched won't refresh new mail, update new/deleted emails and needs to force quit and relaunched to receive new emails. I'm not sure how to resolve this and hoping someone might have some ideas how I can fix it.

Markisss88

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2008
I have a number of apps that aren't launching since updating to DB2 and DB3 hasn't resolved the issue either. So far Messages, Photos and FaceTime aren't launching and Mail once launched won't refresh new mail, update new/deleted emails and needs to force quit and relaunched to receive new emails. I'm not sure how to resolve this and hoping someone might have some ideas how I can fix it.
Same. Having issues with mostly Apple apps such as Photo, Messages and Facetime although Messages randomly started working properly.

slamd64

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2018
Hello.

I've installed build 18A314k on two MacBook Pros
Home machine is Mid2012 15" non-Retina model and work machine is also Mid2012 15" Retina.
Both have almost same configuration i7 8GB RAM but Retina has SSD, while non-Retina has HDD.
They are upgraded from High Sierra and data is preserved, but I didn't have enough space or external drive to make Time Machine backup.
Work machine doesn't show any issues, but my home machine has several issues and I hope someone has an idea to solve this. Some of these issues I have reported to Apple, hope they will fix it.

- System is laggy and can become unresponsive for short time, that means wheel is spinning and everything is frozen, but it comes back to functional state after several minutes
- Lock screen has no image, it's gray. No matter what I've tried, turn transparency on/off, change different wallpapers etc. On login screen where I select users it has default Mojave background, however when I select user it doesn't change background.
- Some parts of UI still doesn't have Dark Mode applied. Mostly 3rd party apps e.g. Firefox Developer Edition has Open file menu still in Light Mode when choosing Image to Upload...
- What is this Yara Scan Service, it seems to increase disk usage and grows swap space...
- Laptop is unable to shutdown or restart properly. It closes apps (well, it seems so) and blank screen is shown with spinner spinning. Instead of shutting down after a minute or two it keeps spinning forever.

Does anyone have this shutdown issue and anything one can do to resolve the problem?
It surely hangs as it generates shutdown stall log. Here's the log: https://pastebin.com/Hq8tcC3v

I've tried different suggestions so far like clearing the SMC/PRAM/NVRAM, and last suggestion made system unbootable to clean the ~/Library/Caches folder. I was lucky to still have data after reinstall, so I'm not going to try this again.

Three processes are showing up here: iogdiagnose, spindump, system_profiler and warmd (zombie). I think suspect is warmd since it is only suspended process which is still alive.

Earl Urley

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2014
Is anyone hooked up to Gigabit Ethernet and only getting 100 base-T connections? Running Public Beta 1 on a 5,1 MacPro...

Tried changing cables and ports.

slamd64

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2018
Another surprise today on work machine.
I was muted during the meeting even the mic is showing levels. Also GTM app asked me to allow mic and still it didn't work. I like the new UI, but a lot of important things are broken or not behaving well.

Lukeit

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
Shanghai, China
Dashboard is still a thing? Don't remember the last time I used it.
For me and many other still is! I fire it with hot corners and use it for dictionary, quick calculator, weather widgets and a currency converter... it's still the fastest way to get the info I need without fiddling with websites or other apps.
I'm sorry if it's not your thing... it keeps being so for many though and I hope it will come back again.
You know, right, you can disable it and forget about it should you like so?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
On dev beta 1, Messages was not showing contact names - only phone numbers and email addresses. I could 'fix' the name/phone numbers part by editing the contacts and making sure the label for the phone number was 'iPhone' (as opposed to 'phone' or 'mobile' or any of the other canned options.

In beta 2, it seemed to be fixed, and Messages showed contact names for all entries in text messages.

Now, in beta 3, it regressed, and is broken again... and even for contacts where the label says 'iPhone', it still shows the phone number and not the name.

RamGuy

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
Norway
I'm not able to get Developer BETA3 to show on my MacBook 12-inch Early-2015. It popped up and installed right away on my MacBook Pro 13-inch with Touchbar but its just not showing at all on my MacBook 12-inch. I have deleted the beta profile, rebooted, installed the beta profile, rebooted but still nothing. It claims its up-to-date no matter what I do.

slamd64

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2018
Last night I received update 18A326h on both of my MacBooks
On non-retina model update was shown as Public Beta 2, and on retina model it showed as Beta 3.
After update is completed the build version is the same o_O
Anyway, I had serious performance issues on my home machine which is non-retina model.
Well, it seems that all of above mentioned issues are now gone.
Yara is not anymore causing troubles with enormous disk caching and I can shutdown normally. If anyone experiences issue with shutdown I have solved it by killing most recent apps from Terminal, in my case the only remaining apps were Finder and Firefox Developer Edition
pkill Finder
pkill firefox
Those commands did the trick to me, and it seems that Finder gets stuck for some reason and hangs the shutdown process. In release notes I also found that 32bit apps may caused slowness as well.
Login screen is now showing the background image, but widgets are now broken as on the image in post #165.
Other than that I still can't manage to fix GoToMeeting app, because it won't show me audio options in test session to verify that built-in mic works. Yes, I've put it into the Trash bin, and emptied Trash, cleared some cache files in ~/Library but still my previous sessions are there and it won't ask me for permission and audio source.

fdolbec123

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2018
Québec, Qc, Canada
VirtualBox is totally broken! VBoxDrv.kext is the cause of the problem. Can't upgrade VirtualBox or open it.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran, le 2018-07-07 à 05.27.53.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2018-07-07 à 05.27.53.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 367

slamd64

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2018
Yup, VirtualBox won't launch from dock, or Applications, but I have previously upgraded macOS, and VirtualBox 5.2.8 was installed. It can be launched through Terminal. Just type VirtualBox and hit enter. However, it won't start any VM.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.