Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

shMorganson

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2015
Has anyone seen when sites like IGN, react differently to light and dark mode?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 9.37.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 9.37.12 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 438
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 9.36.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 9.36.48 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 362

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Beta 2 seems to have resolved the issue of Messages not showing the name if the phone number is NOT set up as "iPhone" in contacts. Now Messages is showing the names for everyone again.

retrospek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
UK
I'm finding Beta 2 much worse than Beta 1. Even things like FaceTime won't open for me... and mail keeps hanging..

Reactions: Lukeit

thesprawl13

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2013
Safari feels a lot snappier and seems to forgot logins. Tried a few force quits on it and it forgets the logins done. Have to relogin into gmail and hotmail everytime.
I'm having the same issue with logins being dropped mid web-browse. Any solutions?

groxx

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2018
It's in the Mojave release notes.
Open Terminal
defaults delete com.apple.appstore.commerce
Open appstore, sign in, hit retry once or twice, it will start working.
Hi again,

I just noticed that Im having the same issue with books. Your terminal command helped me with the App Store, but the issue with the books persists. Do you know of any other solution?
Thanks a bunch

Foss

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
I'm finding Beta 2 much worse than Beta 1. Even things like FaceTime won't open for me... and mail keeps hanging..

Ditto. I'm tempted to sign out of iCloud and sign back in to see if that resolves, but I would have to set up Apple Pay again.

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
Is anyone having a bootcamp issue? I am new to bootcamp, but I have a bootcamp partition that I also occasionally use in Parallels, but I noticed today that I can't boot into it. I don't know if it was beta 1 or 2 that messed it up. I couldn't boot it through parallels either, so I removed it from there and added it back and it boots, but if I hold the option key when booting the computer I see the windows 10 partition and the MacOS partition but no matter which I select it boots back into MacOS.

Again, not sure if it was the update that broke my bootcamp, as I don't use it often but I noticed it about an hour ago.

UPDATE: probably wasn't related to the update. I repaired it with first aid in disk utility in repair mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: mriksman

smokeMMA

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2016
Russia
Safari feels a lot snappier and seems to forgot logins. Tried a few force quits on it and it forgets the logins done. Have to relogin into gmail and hotmail everytime.
I solved it by this way: turn off all safari extensions and then just turning on them one by one. In my case it was "Gmail Checker" extension - seems to be conflicting with some updates in Beta 2.

Last edited:

mujtaba.mir

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2014
I solved it by this way: turn off all safari extensions and then just turning on them one by one. In my case it was "Gmail Checker" extension - seems to be conflicting with some updates in Beta 2.
Thanks, but it didn't work for me, have temporarily moved to Chrome till a fix is out.

bjet767

Suspended
Oct 2, 2010
Beta 2 on 2016 MBPTB PopUp sign into WIFI broken, gives error message but will sign in from Safari.

Yep I agree new bugs thrown into Beta 2

FNH15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
Beta 2 started out well, but has gotten more unstable as time has gone on. I had the loginwindow crash on me after unplugging my monitors at work today, and it destroyed my user account (apps wouldn’t load, crashing to the login screen). Reinstalling Mojave, and hoping my backups aren’t corrupted. In all my years of using OS X betas, this is the first show stopping issue - and I go back to 10.5...

Last edited:

Thorbjoern

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2018
Is anyone having a bootcamp issue? I am new to bootcamp, but I have a bootcamp partition that I also occasionally use in Parallels, but I noticed today that I can't boot into it. I don't know if it was beta 1 or 2 that messed it up. I couldn't boot it through parallels either, so I removed it from there and added it back and it boots, but if I hold the option key when booting the computer I see the windows 10 partition and the MacOS partition but no matter which I select it boots back into MacOS.

Again, not sure if it was the update that broke my bootcamp, as I don't use it often but I noticed it about an hour ago.

UPDATE: probably wasn't related to the update. I repaired it with first aid in disk utility in repair mode.

I have a 2016 MacBook and no matter which option I choose in bootloader, Windows won't boot (USB-Install-Image will though) since installing DB2.
For me the BootCamp-Partition didn't show up to choose at startup-disk for quite some time, so I always used the bootloader when needed. I used WinClone to back it up, deleted it and set it up again, it booted fine every time until I set my default startup-disk in MacOS (again bootcamp-partition was a now show again already), now I have reproduced the issue, it seem like DB2 is messing with the partition table or can't handle something there when bootcamp partition is not set as default. First Aid in recovery does not help.

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
I have a 2016 MacBook and no matter which option I choose in bootloader, Windows won't boot (USB-Install-Image will though) since installing DB2.
For me the BootCamp-Partition didn't show up to choose at startup-disk for quite some time, so I always used the bootloader when needed. I used WinClone to back it up, deleted it and set it up again, it booted fine every time until I set my default startup-disk in MacOS (again bootcamp-partition was a now show again already), now I have reproduced the issue, it seem like DB2 is messing with the partition table or can't handle something there when bootcamp partition is not set as default. First Aid in recovery does not help.

I didn’t mention it in my update but at first first aid didn’t help then i unencrypted my drive and ran it again and it worked. Not sure if it is worth the effort to try it for you. It took me about an hour to do my drive.

fdolbec123

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2018
Québec, Qc, Canada
Got also the problem of Safari not being able to stay logged in on different websites after I quit Safari. (Or sometimes, even if I didn't quit Safari)
I also notice that if Safari is in fullscreen (I mean after pressing the green button so Safari take the whole space) if I click twice on the download status buttons while something is downloading, the focus goes to the address bar. (It happened only once, don't know if we can consider this as a bug.)

Got also the dynamic wallpaper bug, but I think that everybody knows about it now...

Got some translation issues in Canadian French language regardless of what mode is my Mac (light or dark):
  • In Finder, in some menus and buttons
  • In System Preferences, it's written "fenêtres" where we should have seen Windows under the bootcamp label in startup disk (see where I highlight in yellow in the picture bellow)
  • The iTunes interface is in English (no big deal for me, as I understand English very well)
Every 3rd party screensavers are broken. Even if I create one in Xcode 10 beta and compile it successfully or use ".qtz" screensavers or use others projects that I build in Xcode 10 beta. Only the Apple ones are working.
It's really frustrating for me because I made beautiful screensavers with QuartzComposer in High Sierra and they are now broken.

If somebody have a solution for this screensavers issue, it will be very helpful for me.

Improvement noticed:

I have notice that in this beta, when the option of announcing the alert message is enable and that the language is in French, some English terms (like app names) are more well pronounce (pronounced the English term(s) in English and the rest in French). It's not perfect yet, but it's better than in High Sierra.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran, le 2018-06-21 à 15.18.25.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2018-06-21 à 15.18.25.png
    78 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
is anyone having a bootcamp issue?

t seem like DB2 is messing with the partition table or can't handle something there when bootcamp partition is not set as default. First Aid in recovery does not help.

I'm having issues, I don't run "bootcamp" since I built out my windows installation differently then most (I'm running windws completely on my install SSD and macOS on an external SSD).

I started a thread here about my issues. I cannot even boot up a recovery USB (even with my macOS SSD disconnected). Seems odd that something that boots up on USB thumb drive fails as well, so I'm not sure what's going on. I'm hoping that its not something to do with the firmware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.