Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ssn637

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2009
Switzerland
How did you get News in Switzerland. I also live there but can't get the app

I didn't even know the News application had been installed on my MBP until I'd cycled hidden files and folders on in Finder. Suddenly, the News icon appeared under the Applications folder but wasn't visible in Launch Pad. So I simply dragged and dropped the icon to the Dock and now it's available. Under "Notifications" in the application menu you can select which sources you wish to receive notifications from, but the only one available in my area is the Washington Post.

groxx

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2018
Cannot connect to App Store with US account.
Same exact issue for me. I’m not in the US right now and I don’t know how to change my App Store country to the US. Changing it in Apple ID doesn’t work and the little circle with a flag in the App Store is gone.

I’ve tried clearing the App Store cache, restarted the Mac and router, changed date and time to auto. Nothing helped so far.

If anyone has a solution, i would really appreciate it.

Stefdar

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2012
It's in the Mojave release notes.
Open Terminal
defaults delete com.apple.appstore.commerce
Open appstore, sign in, hit retry once or twice, it will start working.

Superhai

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2010
It seem like the "Highlight Color" preference doesn't work, only the default selected by the accent cause the color to be changed.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
It seem like the "Highlight Color" preference doesn't work, only the default selected by the accent cause the color to be changed.

It's working for me. There are two settings... clicking on the colored dots will change both... so set the Accent color first (colored dots). That will change BOTH Accent and Highlight colors... after setting Accent, pick the Highlight color from the drop down.

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 8.30.33 AM.png

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom

It's working for me. There are two settings... clicking on the colored dots will change both... so set the Accent color first (colored dots). That will change BOTH Accent and Highlight colors... after setting Accent, pick the Highlight color from the drop down.

View attachment 765012

It's not working for me either, I have accent colour set as red and highlight colour as grey, but it still highlights in red.

Superhai

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2010
That will change BOTH Accent and Highlight colors... after setting Accent, pick the Highlight color from the drop down.
I can do that, but after setting the accent, and then the highlight, in the apps it will still be the same as the accent default.

Crunch

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2008
Crazy L.A.
I'm running it on an iMac 27" late 2015 and a MBP 2017, and it really runs flawless (and that includes Parallels). The News app is a bit buggy still, and I don't get that dynamic wallpaper thing working. But if that's all, I'm happy. Really impressed by the stability of these first betas on all platforms really.

Thanks, and that's great to hear! I can't wait for public beta no. 1.

shadowapple

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2015
Costa Rica
the terminal gives me this error, how can I correct it?

login: illegal option -- d

usage: login [-pq] [-h hostname] [username]

login -f [-lpq] [-h hostname] [username [prog [arg ...]]]

[Proceso completado]

negativzero

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2011
If you try to mass move a big batch of files and folders, the OS goes into kernel panic.
Same with iTunes if you want to import a whole load of new songs, iTunes will crash.

Don't know if its a Mojave or iOS12 issue, but my newly imported tracks into my iPhone X just read "MP3" as the song title.

americanguy

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2011
I think on chrome (v67 64bit) some sites dont load properly - its stop on waiting on site... or even dont load at all....When i put the same link on new tab its load immediately

Anyone experienced same?

tsanchai

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2015
After clean install Mojave, I start adding essential apps to it. And I do TM backup from time to time. AFter some app install, Finder start freezing with beachball, iamge thumbnail stop displaying, and showing generic icon instead, iCloud start nagging that it cannot communicate with Helper app, And the system wnet down completely. It is not usable at all, due to FInder problem

All I have to do is to restore from good TM backup. I have done this 9 trimes over the past few days, Wasting my time like crazy.

Mojave is the worst seed build I have ever tested. Apple shpuld have a better testing before releasing it. FInder is a very important gateway to the system. Whet it fail, that's the end of story

I may have to go back to High Sierra. But my problem is my TM copy many have problem. When I do migration using Migration Assistant, it just stop half way, look like having file error associated with it. I cannot find out what is wrong, and I jsu cannpot go back

What I have to do is to wait for Apple mercy to fix it soon
[doublepost=1528362154][/doublepost]After clean install Mojave, I start adding essential apps to it. And I do TM backup from time to time. AFter some app install, Finder start freezing with beachball, iamge thumbnail stop displaying, and showing generic icon instead, iCloud start nagging that it cannot communicate with Helper app, And the system wnet down completely. It is not usable at all, due to FInder problem

All I have to do is to restore from good TM backup. I have done this 9 trimes over the past few days, Wasting my time like crazy.

Mojave is the worst seed build I have ever tested. Apple shpuld have a better testing before releasing it. FInder is a very important gateway to the system. Whet it fail, that's the end of story

I may have to go back to High Sierra. But my problem is my TM copy many have problem. When I do migration using Migration Assistant, it just stop half way, look like having file error associated with it. I cannot find out what is wrong, and I jsu cannpot go back

What I have to do is to wait for Apple mercy to fix it soon

Reactions: R3k

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
There is a functioning minimize button on Mail - not like what the wiki states - It might not be there for everyone however so I'm not editing the wiki if the case is that it's for the majority that there's no minimize button in Mail.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 11.05.14.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 11.05.14.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 354

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
Messages isn't showing previous images sent in conversations. They are just generic thumbnails when you hit the details button.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
I just don't undertand the purpose of going from a quite stable and quite compatible mature version of the OS to something that requires so much bug fixing and re-doing and things breaking, etc. It's not a major overhaul of the OS by any means. Why do they insist on this approach? It doesn't seem logical.

homohurre123

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2018
I just don't undertand the purpose of going from a quite stable and quite compatible mature version of the OS to something that requires so much bug fixing and re-doing and things breaking, etc. It's not a major overhaul of the OS by any means. Why do they insist on this approach? It doesn't seem logical.
By what I have seen so far those are mostly visual bugs. Last years 10.13.0 offiicial version had worse bugs in my Opinion. Only real Bug i saw so far was Fullscreen not entering properly but for the very first Beta thats not so bad I think.

Hellsurfer

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
anybody having problems with full screen videos in safari
not working on any site even Netflix and YouTube

Hellsurfer

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
Well in my case its randomly working and not working. But if it failed once it wont work until you quit and reopen Safari
never once worked for me since day 1
have tried restarting the computer even multiple times
also if you try chrome the fullscreen works, but exists every 10 mins or so for some reason
Im having to switch to bootcamp just to watch youtube
[doublepost=1528471864][/doublepost]this bug won't affect many people but, in geforce now, the streaming limit is capped to 5 fps
and for some reason the system is not controlling fans properly
even at 66 degrees fans are absolutely silent, working around 2k rpm
I ve had to specifically make stat control the fans, so as to keep temps in check

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere

fixes under the hood. plus, every version of the OS starts out this way, then apple works it up to a mature version... then on to the next. so, in that respect, it's how it's always been...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.