Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

deranged58

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2010
Does anyone know if Java applications like Eclipse work on Sierra? Would love to install the beta, but would need these apps.. Thanks!

Captainbligh

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2016
State College, PA
Hi, forum. Looks like Symantec (SEP 12.1.6MP4) isn't compatible, when installing the beta OS the program is removed and placed in the Incompatible Software folder by the Installer. Anyone know if there's a new beta from them in the works, or some good alternative that does work? Thanks!

karsten

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
Razer synapse app doesn't work on Beta 1, doesn't detect any devices. Devices run in basic mode.

Nvidia web drivers fail to set mode to web driver.

Slack works

Steam works

Twitter works

Bitdefender works

Origin (EA) works

ac2334

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2009
Winclone (latest) not working - says to visit twocanoes.com for update, but update not out yet

AhmadrezA_6248

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2016
Hi. beside all of this. how did you install Apps out of the Mac App Store guys?! cause in preferences security there's no "Anywhere" option to choose and install out side of Mac App Store apps!

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Control-Right Click when opening the Application. If that doesn't do the trick then the app is un-signed and can not be opened unless you deactivate Gatekeeper via Terminal but you can re-activate it after tho. Do A Google search...

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
I installed iPhoto 9.6.1 and it launches fine, but I haven't tried importing any libraries yet.

JaredWilliams

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2015
New York City
Two apps that aren't working for me:

Karabiner

Have you found any workaround for karabiner/seil

Its driving me crazy. I had my caps lock mapped to enter, and a lot of my shortcuts require it. (CMD+Enter to open my TotalTerminal, etc.)

This is the only thread, besides a google group where people are just complaining that it doesn't work, where it was mentioned.

Hoping someone found something

Gynekolog

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2016
Czech Republic
Does smoothmouse work? Thank you
Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 14.52.46.png

Reactions: yellowscreen

GIEBELWALD

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2016
Germany
Incompatible:

MPlayerX

The application starts but plays no content. A log file I could not find so far.

Logitech Gaming Software

The installation is error free. After a restart, the mouse is detected. After being off and on again. But the mouse is not moving. Without a second mouse, the system is therefore not useful. The uninstallation succeeds then without problems.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
Hi, forum. Looks like Symantec (SEP 12.1.6MP4) isn't compatible, when installing the beta OS the program is removed and placed in the Incompatible Software folder by the Installer. Anyone know if there's a new beta from them in the works, or some good alternative that does work? Thanks!

Our IT administrator informed us today that due to security concerns, Symantec Endpoint Protection should be removed from all company Macs until further notice. Maybe this is related?

Malware Bytes is free for Mac users and has been the only protection type software I've felt that I need.

martinocando

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2013
This is my can't-live-without app list is. So, to decide if I upgrade or not, I need to know if those run. Can anyone here uses any of this?:

- Full adobe suite (Ps, Ai, Lr and Id) <- I heard there was an issue with Id with Beta 1
- SQL Developer and MySQL Administrator
- Brackets
- Slack
- Screen Flow
- Final Cut Pro X
- I heard Bartender 2 have an issue with B1, is the same with B2?
- ControlPlane
- Cisco Jabber
- VMWare Fusion 8 <- A big one
- Office 2016
- Google Chrome
- Tableau Desktop
- f5 Big-IP Edge Client (vpn)
- Sync Folders Pro
- MS Remote Desktop
- Transmit FPT client
- Battery Monitor, Dr. Cleaner and Daisy Disk utilities

Thanks for your help

psik

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2007
This is my can't-live-without app list is. So, to decide if I upgrade or not, I need to know if those run. Can anyone here uses any of this?:

- Full adobe suite (Ps, Ai, Lr and Id) <- I heard there was an issue with Id with Beta 1
- SQL Developer and MySQL Administrator
- Brackets
- Slack
- Screen Flow
- Final Cut Pro X
- I heard Bartender 2 have an issue with B1, is the same with B2?
- ControlPlane
- Cisco Jabber
- VMWare Fusion 8 <- A big one
- Office 2016
- Google Chrome
- Tableau Desktop
- f5 Big-IP Edge Client (vpn)
- Sync Folders Pro
- MS Remote Desktop
- Transmit FPT client
- Battery Monitor, Dr. Cleaner and Daisy Disk utilities

Thanks for your help

I believe some of the apps you have mentioned have already been well discussed, like Google Chrome is NOT running well at all, but Office 2016 is, just go through the 6p ages quickly it'll take 2 minutes you'll def get some answers

martinocando

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2013
I believe some of the apps you have mentioned have already been well discussed, like Google Chrome is NOT running well at all, but Office 2016 is, just go through the 6p ages quickly it'll take 2 minutes you'll def get some answers

Well, it took me not 2, but over 20 minutes to go through the whole thread, but it was worth it ;)

My list is much smaller now. I see no reference to the following Apps working or not:

- SQL Developer
- Brackets editor
- Control Plane
- Tableau Desktop
- f5 Big-IP Edge client (vpn)
- Sync Folders Pro
- Battery Monitor
- Dr. Cleaner

Sadly, if I can't use Chrome, In Design and VMWare Fusion 8.1.1 have an issue with graphics, I won't be able to upgrade. I'll have to wait for B3.

Reactions: psik

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Well, it took me not 2, but over 20 minutes to go through the whole thread, but it was worth it ;)

My list is much smaller now. I see no reference to the following Apps working or not:

- SQL Developer
- Brackets editor
- Control Plane
- Tableau Desktop
- f5 Big-IP Edge client (vpn)
- Sync Folders Pro
- Battery Monitor
- Dr. Cleaner

Sadly, if I can't use Chrome, In Design and VMWare Fusion 8.1.1 have an issue with graphics, I won't be able to upgrade. I'll have to wait for B3.

Chrome works fine now, it was updated already. Make sure you are on the Beta Channel though as the Stable channel has not been updated to the fix yet. It was a sandbox issue with fonts that caused the issue. Both Beta & Dev have been fixed. Stable release is coming next week.

matt2053

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2012
Any word on these?

GoToMeeting
Things

Also, Exchange for Mail and Calendar?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.