Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
The forum does not have a Safari pin icon (<link ref=“mask-icon”>). When I switch between front page and forum, the icon comes and goes.
Yes, is there any way an admin could fix this? I have MacRumors as a pinned tab, but I'm on the forums most of the time. Looks like this on the front page:
MR mask-icon.png

And on the forums:
MR forums mask-icon.png

The forums also lack a Retina-optimized favicon, while the front page has one.
MR favicons.png

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Curious, was there an update to the forums in the last day or so? Things are looking about the same, but it seems like there are a few minor visual differences (and perhaps others as well that aren't as noticeable)...or is it just me?

Reactions: mobilehaathi

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I've found a minor issue and I'm not sure whether it's with the forums themselves or just a quirk of Firefox.

I make a post, then click Edit. I make changes to the text, then think better of it and click Cancel. This closes the editing window but doesn't actually cancel; if I click Edit a second time then the "cancelled" changes are still present.

Does that happen for anyone else (particularly with other browsers)?

Reactions: Happy-Mac

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
I've found a minor issue and I'm not sure whether it's with the forums themselves or just a quirk of Firefox.

I make a post, then click Edit. I make changes to the text, then think better of it and click Cancel. This closes the editing window but doesn't actually cancel; if I click Edit a second time then the "cancelled" changes are still present.

Does that happen for anyone else (particularly with other browsers)?
This is intended behavior and/or the text in the text box simply doesn't reload the second time you click Edit. Behaves this way for me as well in Safari.

Reactions: grahamperrin

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Jun 8, 2007
Reviewing a bug that was observed in May 2015:

Loss of white space from code when pasting

Test result:

Code:
   i) one
  ii) two
iii) three
  iv) four
   v) five
  vi) six
vii) seven
viii) eight
  ix) nine
   x) ten

@arn at your convenience please arrange for site administrators here to update to the most recent release of XenForo.

There are two fixes, the second of which is mentioned at https://xenforo.com/community/posts/1098147

Thanks

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Q. Is there a reason why ignored members are not ignored when viewing forum on applications like Tapatalk?

Before the switch to XenForo it worked, since then nope.

MagnusVonMagnum

macrumors 603
Jun 18, 2007
I'm not sure what changed in the past few days, but the interface seems quite different now. I see an "Open Quick Navigation" button in the upper right corner instead of the previous set of menus, but the problem is when I click on it, nothing happens (using Firefox 54.0.1). It could very well be Firefox's fault seeing that Duluth Trading Company's web site wouldn't load correctly since the last update either (worked fine in Safari). But as such, I have no ability to do a search at the moment and I have to use my bookmark link to get to UserCP, etc. as I assume they're all in the menu that doesn't work here.

Edit: It seems somehow Javascript got turned off. The "toggle Javascript" add-on I have is near my weather app so I might have accidentally clicked it. I had to turn it back on and then reload the page to get the Quick Navigation to work, but it's working now and the interface magically went back to the way it was so I assume the Javascript toggle was the cause of all the trouble. Please ignore above or delete the post.

Last edited:
Reactions: arn

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
Why are there no post numbers on mobile? I’ve only just realised and it’s very annoying. There’s plenty of space along the bar with the date and time label. Somebody referred me to a post and I had to count to it.

bluecoast

macrumors 68020
Nov 7, 2017
Does anyone know how you can make the post font size bigger on iPhone? Whatever phone I have (XR right now) I find that the font always renders at a pretty small font size - I’d prefer it to render at the size of the font in the text box that I’m typing into right now.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 10.52.43 PM.png

I found an avatar bug, I've tried changing it and it's still distorted. I'm assuming there will be a fix for this soon?

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
I haven't been able to log in & stay logged on Chrome, but have no problem with Safari.

Update:
Fixed after the site seemed to go down for a short bit. ?
Ooh! And new emojis!!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.