Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
We've finally launched our new theme and forum change!

Most of the data should have migrated over. If you notice any problems. Please let me know. This thread should be for bugs and issues related to the new theme. Or general feedback.

If you have tips or tricks that you want to share with other users, please post in Xenforo Tips and Tricks thread.

- Please update your avatar (everyone gets an avatar)
- Spy is disabled for the moment
- Some permissions are still rebuilding
- Some other indexes are also rebuilding

arn
It’s nice, can we change colors?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Busy night for you guys. Everything looks quite different on my iPhone. I’ll check out the desktop version later this morning.

A couple of issues. When navigating via the watches thread category (my normal way of browsing MR), I keep having to swipe left on the tool bar to see this option on my iPhone. Is there a way to change the order?

Also it used to just show watched threads with new posts. Now it’s showing watched threads in bold (unread) and non bold (read). That’s going to make navigating that way very difficult as you watch more and more threads overtime.

Last edited by a moderator:

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
A couple of issues. When navigating via the watches thread category (my normal way of browsing MR), I keep having to swipe left on the tool bar to see this option on my iPhone. Is there a way to change the order?

Also it used to just show watched threads with new posts. Now it’s showing watched threads in bold (unread) and non bold (read). That’s going to make navigating that way very difficult as you watch more and more threads overtime.

What you can do is this:

Go to New Posts, and you can set your filter to only see unread and watched threads. And save that as default.

B62E97A1-0909-4D8F-8D66-7DB37DE40E38.jpeg

user_xyz

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2018
We've finally launched our new theme and forum change!

Most of the data should have migrated over. If you notice any problems. Please let me know. This thread should be for bugs and issues related to the new theme. Or general feedback.

If you have tips or tricks that you want to share with other users, please post in Xenforo Tips and Tricks thread.

- Please update your avatar (everyone gets an avatar)
- Spy is disabled for the moment
- Some permissions are still rebuilding
- Some other indexes are also rebuilding

arn

Where's the "Likes" button?? :(

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Busy night for you guys. Everything looks quite different on my iPhone. I’ll check out the desktop version later this morning.

Very busy night for MR staff; the system was still down and busily upgrading when I headed off to bed.

So, I am greeted by a whole new look - I had to log in - upon my return.

You mean your likes? They are called reactions now

It seems that there is a new vocabulary in addition to a new look.

What used to be termed a "like" is now a "reaction"?

Hm. "Reaction" sounds more neutral than "like".

Is there a distinction still drawn between 'reaction' and 'response' - i.e. 'reply'?

I can see that I shall have total some time to actually get used to all of this.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I have noticed that the speed of loading a page or a post has improved immeasurably.

Very well done.

However, I'm at something of a loss to understand Dark Mode, its attraction, and how to set it up.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
@arn
The updated website looks great! The speed and responsiveness also seem much improved, and hopefully, we have fewer problems with major slowdowns on the servers, too.

Regarding dark mode. Thank you! Thank you very much! This makes me so happy I want to cry!

Thank you to you and all the staff for the hard work on this.

happy-cuteness-overload-l.png

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Loving the fresh new look!

BUT, the main question is - is it snappier in Safari?? ?

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
@arn
The updated website looks great! The speed and responsiveness also seem much improved, and hopefully, we have fewer problems with major slowdowns on the servers, too.

Regarding dark mode. Thank you! Thank you very much! This makes me so happy I want to cry!

Thank you to you and all the staff for the hard work on this.

View attachment 859887

How does one actually access this famous Dark Mode?

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
are we still on Xenforo?
Why did you change? I thought the past forum worked really well. In fact its the best forum software I have seen anywhere functionality wise at least.

Reactions: 0989382

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
are we still on Xenforo?
Why did you change? I thought the past forum worked really well. In fact its the best forum software I have seen anywhere functionality wise at least.
Yes, it’s still Xenforo and the change occurred yesterday. The previous version was no longer supported and the update brought a refreshed look, dark mode and new features.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
thanks,
Is it possible to have the forums stacked up side by side like they used to be like this:
__ __
__ __

instead of a long vertical scroll:
__
__
__
__

I think it looked better organized. Just my opinion

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.