Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhoney Baloney

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
Jay bird BlueBuds X. Great combo for the gym. Very good sound quality and they stay put with the secure fit tips.

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
Jay bird BlueBuds X. Great combo for the gym. Very good sound quality and they stay put with the secure fit tips.
Agreed and their new ones are supposed to be even better sound. I have the original like this threads picture. I use them all the time and bought extra ear pubs and wings so they never move. I use them while working out all the time and sometimes I tie them to my TV instead of the Watch since I have bluetooth on my gym TV. Not sure how anyone can use over the ear or on the ear headphones while working out, but that's just me.

Highly recommend Jaybird Bluebuds X Sport which has 4 stars on Amazon with over 4,8000 reviews.

Batnight

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2015
The Jaybird bluebuds X is perfect but its wings. It just can't get universal secure fit anyway. If you look into the head-fi, many good headphones are out there. And one of the wireless headphones has been reviewed with high rate for its sport feature, the Axgio Sprint. The best thing of this headset would be comfortable fit and aimed at sport design. Its memory wire enable people to get universal secure fit, which would be very important when running. The impressive sound quality, 8 hours bettery life, sweat resistant fuction just make this bluetooth headset a new star. So it would be my best bluetooth headphone for my Apple Watch.

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
The Jaybird bluebuds X is perfect but its wings. It just can't get universal secure fit anyway. If you look into the head-fi, many good headphones are out there. And one of the wireless headphones has been reviewed with high rate for its sport feature, the Axgio Sprint. The best thing of this headset would be comfortable fit and aimed at sport design. Its memory wire enable people to get universal secure fit, which would be very important when running. The impressive sound quality, 8 hours bettery life, sweat resistant fuction just make this bluetooth headset a new star. So it would be my best bluetooth headphone for my Apple Watch.

I don't use the wings since I replaced the tips with foam ones. A few others had pointed me in that direction, and I'm very happy with this as the solution. No comfort issues, no issues with them falling out.

alamagator

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2009
Just had another thought. (somewhat kicking myself for not trying the over-the-ear holders with the BlueBuds). Which wrist do you wear your watch on? if you like the over-the-ear adapter, that puts the control on the left - if your watch is on the same side, you may get better performance than I did.

(still think the BT should be powerful enough to go around your body....)

From BestBuy you have 30 days to try them out and return them if you don't like them. If the store gives you a hard time you could call customer service and explain how they're not reliable enough. (they didn't give me a hard time at all).
Are you serious? Unless you are the Tin Man, what arm you wear your watch on does not matter.

Jeremy3292

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2012
Just purchased the Bluebuds X2 and I would highly recommend them. I've seen so many bad reviews for the Powerbeats2 Wireless I just couldn't buy them. No regrets with the X2's.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Are you serious? Unless you are the Tin Man, what arm you wear your watch on does not matter.
Heh. You have no idea. The BT radio in the watch isn't really all that strong. (or at least the connection isn't with the BT 2.1 BlueBuds X). I can also cause breaks simply by putting my arm behind my back - with both of the BT headsets I've had.

Jaybird said that Apple had told them considerable bluetooth improvements were coming in WatchOS 2. Hopefully that will remedy these issues.

alamagator

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2009
Heh. You have no idea. The BT radio in the watch isn't really all that strong. (or at least the connection isn't with the BT 2.1 BlueBuds X). I can also cause breaks simply by putting my arm behind my back - with both of the BT headsets I've had.

Jaybird said that Apple had told them considerable bluetooth improvements were coming in WatchOS 2. Hopefully that will remedy these issues.

I have not had any problems with my Jaybirds and my Apple Watch. Audio is flawless.

SBenn

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2015
Gloucestershire, UK
Owned both Jaybirds and Powerbeats2 - by far the better were the powerbeats2. Now i don't rate the Beats Pill but all the beats head/earphones own are better than their rivals (of which I've tried). The thing that tipped it over the edge is that whilst running the jaybirds slipped once they came in contact with sweat and that as the user you have to play with them to get them to fit right with the wings and rubbers etc. Whereas the powerbeats2 - pick your rubber inners and off you go!! and they pair so well and simply with the powerbeats! Hope this helps!

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
Owned both Jaybirds and Powerbeats2 - by far the better were the powerbeats2. Now i don't rate the Beats Pill but all the beats head/earphones own are better than their rivals (of which I've tried). The thing that tipped it over the edge is that whilst running the jaybirds slipped once they came in contact with sweat and that as the user you have to play with them to get them to fit right with the wings and rubbers etc. Whereas the powerbeats2 - pick your rubber inners and off you go!! and they pair so well and simply with the powerbeats! Hope this helps!
I think this is a very accurate review because I own the Jaybirds and you must go buy some earphone tips (comply) to get them to stay in place as you sweat. Then you don't even need the wings. They really do help for those who have Jaybirds.

Powerbeats have the right type of wrap to keep them in place and I recommend the same earphone tips for better blocking out of external sounds. Highly recommend the comply brand.

You can get the powerbeats at Amazon for $144-149. I'm still a fan of my Jaybirds though. They both are good and probably the best as I like the lightweight and no bulky over the ear or on ear - except when I mow. :/)

Gfive

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2007
Clarksville, VA
Any new information about BackBeat FIT and apple watch (with os 2)?

Does it work? BT connection? No sound issues while running?

Asking because i am in the us on holliday and am able to buy an apple watch...
(This will be tomorrow)

Hope on a quick response :)

gppittjk

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
If you have a decent pair of corded headphones and want something to make them work with AW, I recommend this:

http://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Tech-...3&sr=8-6&keywords=bluetooth+headphone+adapter

I've been using it at the gym. Pretty strong signal, works with the watch, doesn't noticeably diminish sound (non-audiophile here) and you can wear it on the same side of your body as the watch. Plus, it's way easier to change volume/song while exercising than with the watch. I wear it with a pair of Bose fitness headphones and I like the combination much better than my old Ares headphones.

Reactions: Javabird

jasie02

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
Hands down Sony SBH-70. Waterproof, great battery life, lightweight, incredible detail, and awesome bass for Apple headset like design.
I was never able to stick any in the ear headset into my ear for more than 30min, I could listen with SBH-70 for days, include sleep with it.

Reactions: TVel4

TxWatch

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2015
Texas
Any new information about BackBeat FIT and apple watch (with os 2)?

Does it work? BT connection? No sound issues while running?

Asking because i am in the us on holliday and am able to buy an apple watch...
(This will be tomorrow)

Hope on a quick response :)

I am using the Backbeat Fit with Watch OS 2 and they are working perfectly. They stay in my ears no matter how hard or long I run and I never have to adjust them while in motion. The cord on the back stays comfortably off of my neck, so I can barely tell I am wearing them other than the music playing. They are made completely from a rubberized material, so there is no issue with sweat.

I have to wear my watch on my right arm because the BT receiver is in the right ear piece. However, that is a problem with the weak BT signal from the Watch and has nothing to do with the headset itself.

The volume is loud enough and I usually have my Watch set just below the halfway point. I can run safely because some amount of outside noise comes through, but i can still hear the music very clearly. I can drown out all background noise by cranking the volume up all the way, but I prefer to be hear what is going on around me. The Backbeat Fit was only $99 on Amazon, so they are cheaper than the Powerbeats and the Jaybirds which both have issues staying in while running.

Last edited:

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
Jaybirds BluebudsX. THREAD CAN BE CLOSED NOW. :)
they work well but my complaint is both of the removable parts tend to come off really easily. once a little earwax is on them they slide off with very little effort.

cg006

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2012
Pretty much why the comply tips are needed. The way the silicon tips go on is pretty bad. There's no security so they don't fall out. The newer model now also include comply tips. Those never come off. Even when broken stills requires you tug at them to let them off. ;)

cg006

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2012
On that topic ... I always wondered if Apple ever plan on making some AirPlay headphones now that they got Beats Or any other company. Sound quality would
Be amazing. Battery would probably take a hit.

TxWatch

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2015
Texas
On that topic ... I always wondered if Apple ever plan on making some AirPlay headphones now that they got Beats Or any other company. Sound quality would
Be amazing. Battery would probably take a hit.

That interesting that you say that, because the AirPlay icon on my Watch turns Blue when listening to the Backbeat Fit. Maybe it is on for all BT headsets, but I only own the one pair.

TxWatch

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Anyone buy these from Amazon?

IfRV6Ik.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015DQWUAI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Was hoping to get them in white but actually am thankful I went for the black because I can easily differentiate them from my regular white EarPods.
Got these because they look like Apple's EarPods which I love.
Just waiting for them to be shipped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.