Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
JDar said:
Is Venice a Vespa line? That looked like a brand new one until noting the right turn light.

This is pine sap flowing from a cut tree:

Wow. I can almost hear the tree crying in pain.

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
bousozoku said:
Wow. I can almost hear the tree crying in pain.

That tree was on a bike path and there were several bikers said to be in pain from it, too. :)

The thumbnails don't do justice to your ducks but wow, when they are full size the duck fight and the water/ripples zing.

Inspired by Earendil's glowing edge self-portrait here is a glowing edge treated petroglyph I used as a photo album cover.

Attachments

• aPetro_Goat_Glowing_Edge.jpg
    aPetro_Goat_Glowing_Edge.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 146

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
neut said:
whoa... big images (damn my 3.3 mega-pixels!). were they taken from your car? i'll pick a few to do something with if that's cool. need to build my remix portfolio. im almost up to 80 digital ills for my site. :D

work has finally slowed down and i'm no longer sick <looking for wood to knock on... formica? damn> so i may actually get some time in on my site... how long have i been saying that i'm going to get that damn thing up? too long.

peace.

Yeah, they were...if you use my stuff I'd appreciate it if you give me photo credit as I'm sure you'd do anyway....anyways that'd be cool...lemme know when you finally get it up...

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
zync said:
Yeah, they were...if you use my stuff I'd appreciate it if you give me photo credit as I'm sure you'd do anyway....anyways that'd be cool...lemme know when you finally get it up...

no prob... if i ever get around to finishing anything. :p I'll let you know before i put it up to make sure you approve of the usage. i think i'm going to have a remix section on organech.com since i seem to have a few of those hagnin' around. :D

here's another car shot:

0080.jpg

i also shot some portraits with the 10D this weekend. i'd love to have an SLR for myself, but i think my next camera will be one of these: 828 or at least a 717...

peace.

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
Yesterday, it was raining outside, but I took advantage of the times it wasn't, and came up with these shots, a-la photoshop. Enjoy!

greendrop.jpg

greendrop2.jpg

Edit: Forgot about some other pics.. The pictures above were taken with my Canon S50, but these below were taken with my grandfather's digital rebel, and one of my dad's lenses (not sure which one, but it makes a 1 to 1 image, I'll find out later...)

This is the image
keyboard.jpg

And this is part of the image at 100%
keyboardclose.jpg

Only a small part of the image was in focus, because of the small depth of field, and the fact that I was just messing around, but maybe I'll get to work with that camera/lens combo some more this week...

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
G4scott said:
Yesterday, it was raining outside, but I took advantage of the times it wasn't, and came up with these shots, a-la photoshop. Enjoy!

Nice work with the raindrops in color. ;)

I did a few like that since getting my D100.

DSC_0652.jpg

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
eyelikeart said:
Nice work with the raindrops in color. ;)

i think that's a very strong technique to use... the red coated girl in the black and white schindler's list was strong. i guess it can easily be overdone... but if done right, can be awesome. and looks pretty sweet also.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
jelloshotsrule said:
i think that's a very strong technique to use... the red coated girl in the black and white schindler's list was strong. i guess it can easily be overdone... but if done right, can be awesome. and looks pretty sweet also.

I did an art project my Senior year in high school using this technique. I should have a shot of it, but it's basically a black & white image of James Dean & Marilyn Monroe with a color rose.

It certainly adds a level of heirarchy to an piece of work. ;)

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
G4scott said:

<snip>

Edit: <snip>

This is the image
<snip>...

very nice technique... works well in that subtle green.

eyelikeart said:
<snip> I did a few like that since getting my D10

nice. i find the car to be a very interesting place to shoot from. such an strange perspective to see the world from. fleeting, temporary... yet forever captured from that chaotic or temporary location.

peace.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
This is what it looks like about five minutes after the space shuttle has launched.

Attachments

• P2070001.jpg
    P2070001.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 120

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
G4scott said:
cool, but those raindrops look like, well, a certain bodily fluid if you catch my drift ;)
Only a small part of the image was in focus, because of the small depth of field, and the fact that I was just messing around, but maybe I'll get to work with that camera/lens combo some more this week...
Now THAT'S macro! I didn't know there was so much texture on these buttons!

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
neut said:
nice. i find the car to be a very interesting place to shoot from. such an strange perspective to see the world from. fleeting, temporary... yet forever captured from that chaotic or temporary location.

Yeah, esp. when the car is moving. :eek: ;)

I've done a few that I'm happy with the results.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Counterfit said:
cool, but those raindrops look like, well, a certain bodily fluid if you catch my drift ;) Now THAT'S macro! I didn't know there was so much texture on these buttons!

Didn't you ever see Mike's shot of the PB buttons? Well, now you know why they feel so sexy....man if I keep typing I might see raindrops on my keyboard :D...that was highly kidding BTW!

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
car mirror photo

eyelikeart said:

I did a few like that since getting my D100.

Visual metaphor intended, I trust. That's really nice work.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
I've been super sick and super busy and haven't had a lot of shooting time. Though on Saturday I was in DC and snapped a couple shots. And yesterday, I worked on a project for a christian greeting card company.

Here's the DC stuff:

DSC_9284_bw.jpg

DSC_9272.jpg

DSC_9263.jpg

DSC_9258.jpg

More to follow...

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
JDar said:
Is Venice a Vespa line? That looked like a brand new one until noting the right turn light.

This is pine sap flowing from a cut tree:

Kick ass image jdar. Love that sap. Looks like stalagtites (or mites, whichever! ;) )

Eye, love your scooter shot. You really pulled some color from that mofo! ;)

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
idkew said:
nice and crisp, very nice. hey- diving board, whatever, as long as it is not moving, it is a tripod to me. ;)

Thanks. Still haven't managed to buy myself a tripod yet, lol. I am deciding whether to go iBook or D70 (huge upgrade from either my dell PC or an S45).

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
Moxiemike said:
Kick ass image jdar. Love that sap. Looks like stalagtites (or mites, whichever! ;) )

Eye, love your scooter shot. You really pulled some color from that mofo! ;)

Like an old saying about when bugs attack you. The mites go up then the tites go down. :D

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
virividox said:
how did u do the raindrop color effect

If you're talking about mine, I got the original picture, extracted the grayscale picture by showing the separate red, green, and blue channels, and picking which one best fits my needs. I copied the grayscale layer, pasted it on top of my color image, and adjusted the curves to get the desired effect. I then took an eraser, and erased on the grayscale image where I wanted the color to be. Nothing too complex.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
G4scott said:
If you're talking about mine, I got the original picture, extracted the grayscale picture by showing the separate red, green, and blue channels, and picking which one best fits my needs. I copied the grayscale layer, pasted it on top of my color image, and adjusted the curves to get the desired effect. I then took an eraser, and erased on the grayscale image where I wanted the color to be. Nothing too complex.

That is actually way more complex than it had to be! All you had to do was duplicate the layer then Desaturate/Channel Mix the top layer and erase. I'm not even sure how you did what you did. Did you copy one of the channels to the layer palette? That's what it seems like you did....Channel Mixer would have been more effective but still the pic was pretty cool...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.