Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
idkew said:
Anyone interested in seeing some shots I took of my eggs as they are being hard boiled? Actually came out kinda cool. Good way to spend the downtime of food being made. :)

oh- I am in on the disposable. BUT- i think we need to define the camera better. I have used expensive and inexpensive disposable cameras, there is a large difference between the two.

Well, what type of camera should we use then? And sure, show the eggs, why not? :)

idkew

macrumors 68020
i could go with that. what about the b&w one though? kodaks normally are good also.

little post processing on the pict. for some reason i like it. maybe it is because the water looks like a gel almost.

Attachments

• IMG_3483.jpg
    IMG_3483.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 160

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
idkew said:
you all want to do a theme? or just whatever we feel like?

my vote for theme: teXture

We could have like 5 themes and then you use all of your 24 shots to their effectiveness....one of the five themes could be 'whatever you feel like'...:)

Wardofsky

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2002
I say we keep it as simple as possible.
35mm Disposable B&W or colour (we might seperate them tho)...

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Wardofsky said:
I say we keep it as simple as possible.
35mm Disposable B&W or colour (we might seperate them tho)...

I missed the reply email :( Oh well, I'll get whatever we decide tomorrow...I'll probably end up working on Sunday anyway so I'll have a chance to get it then...I say we go with something kodak or fuji....fuji makes great films and kodak is usually ok....they're both fairly good....

I'd probably prefer fuji, but this doesn't really matter all that much, so whatever....

I don't mind the Kodak Funsaver 35, but whatever....you guys decide :) I need some sleep, it's 4:14 AM here...but hey, I've only been up since 5:23 PM :(

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Disposables? They're too good. :D

I'd like to see how you all do with one of these:

http://members.aol.com/Chuck02178/27.htm

I started photography on a camera like the one on the left. It uses 620 black and white roll film and produces 2.25 inch prints--I think the negative is 2 inches. I suppose it's not too bad if you've dealt with a medium format camera but the viewfinder gives you the image at the top of the camera and the image is upside down.

Needless to say, I don't use it anymore.

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
Wardofsky said:
neut, your shots are still amazing, I love 'em...<snip> have to say everyone should buy a disp' camera and take some shots, we could have a little comp.

thanks.

idkew- that water picture of yours is dope.

the disposable idea is fresh. let's do it. just let me know what camera to buy.

peace.

idkew

macrumors 68020
ok, someone make a decision. what camera? what film? i got all next week to work on it, (helps being an unemployed bum) ;)

and- to continue my dinner theme. last night i grilled shrimp on the barbi. (sp?)

the attachment is charcoal starting. it is more than one pict. most heavily photoshopped pict i have posted. (but less than a neut pict :) )

just shows how we each have our thing.

Attachments

• FLAME.jpg
    FLAME.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 154

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
idkew said:
ok, someone make a decision. what camera? what film? i got all next week to work on it, (helps being an unemployed bum) ;)

and- to continue my dinner theme. last night i grilled shrimp on the barbi. (sp?)
the attachment is charcoal starting.

The fire is strangely beautiful thought it made me think briefly of repenting. :D

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
most heavily Photoshopped picture, another

idkew said:

the attachment is charcoal starting. it is more than one pict. most heavily photoshopped pict i have posted. (but less than a neut pict :) )

This was an attempt to simulate levitation. It wound up looking like a messy plant.

Attachments

• plant.jpg
    plant.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 135

idkew

macrumors 68020
i want to touch this one. the picture is cool, as in cold. ;)

i love texture. i find that when i go into stores, i touch most things i am attracted to. almost a priority over sight in some instances...

Attachments

• IMG_3500.jpg
    IMG_3500.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 156

MatMistake

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2004
erm, hi :) first post here after lurking around for a few weeks
hope I got the attachment working and everything

this pic was taken with a 35mm slr, with 400 iso film, bumped up to 3200 (camera won't actually go that high, had to work out sutter speeds myself) then the negitive was contact printed and scanned (the scratches and dust are from the scanner glass) then messed about with in photoshop to up the contrast and emphasize the scratches, and then tinted blue, just 'cause it looks cooler that way

Attachments

• gigphoto.jpg
    gigphoto.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 156

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
MatMistake said:

Welcome, MatMistake!

That is a neat picture--there are dynamic things going on in it, made dramatic by the techniques you used. That could be used for a thematic appreciation test by a shrink. "And what do you think of this picture?"

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
MatMistake said:

this pic was taken with a 35mm slr, with 400 iso film, bumped up to 3200 (camera won't actually go that high, had to work out sutter speeds myself) then the negitive was contact printed and scanned (the scratches and dust are from the scanner glass) then messed about with in photoshop to up the contrast and emphasize the scratches, and then tinted blue, just 'cause it looks cooler that way

very nice. i like the technique.

i loved to dirty my images when i was in B&W class. i was terrible at developing (klutz) so i made a style of it. :D

i'll have to post my current pics in the morning; remote ftp is still down for some reason... i can't wait for wireless to move in here at home (1.5 mbps up and down for $40/month).

peace.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Haven't posted a pic in a while and I happened to drive by this on Kennedy in Tampa...This is more of a joke shot for our dear friend!

Oh and MatMistake, very cool technique!

Attachments

• moxies.jpg
    moxies.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 158
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.