Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JeepGC

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
New Orleans, LA
It's a little odd, but it doesn't stand out that much on the black ones. But I'm not so worried about what it looks like on the outside. The interior is well-designed, it is responsive, the suspension is firm without being overly so -- and I get amazing mileage.

Does your Accord have the 1.5T? If so, then you probably do, too.

I just wish that the US market versions got the push-button shifter that the Accord, Odyssey, and Insight have (and maybe also the Clarity). The shift lever is already just a switch and no longer mechanically connected to the transmission. It's a rare and obscure complaint, I'm sure - but I had pain in my right thumb (RSI, maybe) that I had physical therapy for. I don't want it to flare up again :( Other markets have CR-Vs with that button shifter, so maybe the facelift will have it. Then, if the thing gets totaled for some reason, I can get that.

Big fan of the new accord, especially with the 6 speed.

Reactions: Altis

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Acura uses the push button, don't they? I prefer normal shifter myself. It feels weird using a button, knob. I'm okay with a steering wheel lever, too.
[doublepost=1561609208][/doublepost]
Finally got my Mustang down off the jack stands. First picture in over a year.
IMG_6022.jpeg
Oh nice. I was wondering what happened to you! You posted in the cars thread a few times then disappeared. She looks beautiful.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
It's a little odd, but it doesn't stand out that much on the black ones. But I'm not so worried about what it looks like on the outside. The interior is well-designed, it is responsive, the suspension is firm without being overly so -- and I get amazing mileage.

Does your Accord have the 1.5T? If so, then you probably do, too.

I just wish that the US market versions got the push-button shifter that the Accord, Odyssey, and Insight have (and maybe also the Clarity). The shift lever is already just a switch and no longer mechanically connected to the transmission. It's a rare and obscure complaint, I'm sure - but I had pain in my right thumb (RSI, maybe) that I had physical therapy for. I don't want it to flare up again :( Other markets have CR-Vs with that button shifter, so maybe the facelift will have it. Then, if the thing gets totaled for some reason, I can get that.

yeah the exterior is a bit odd. mine accord is 1.5T. wanted to buy 2.0 but wasnt getting good deal back then so settled for 1.5t. the push button shifters are nice. my brother has pilot and it has push button shifters.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Poor beauty ruined by that ugly TollTag. At least you didn't put the mandatory front plate on it.

(Fellow Texan so I feel the pain on both accounts ;))
Toll-Tags on everything, I'm literally 2 minutes off of a toll road
No, I have a "Sto-n-go" front plate that stays with the car but in my older age I sometimes forget to put it back on after pictures or a car show....;)
Because I have been pulled up to before by a cop and asked, "where the front plate is..... just asking.... I may not ask next time."
The stock front plate holder wants you to drill in to the front bumper just under the driver side headlight and it covers the top half of the driver side intercooler, not to mention, no I'm not drilling into that bumper, and it is fugly where they want it to go.
[doublepost=1565277549][/doublepost]
Stunning car!
Thank You, it is.
I could probably sit in the garage with a drink and just stare at it.
Actually it's happened.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Toll-Tags on everything, I'm literally 2 minutes off of a toll road
No, I have a "Sto-n-go" front plate that stays with the car but in my older age I sometimes forget to put it back on after pictures or a car show....;)
Because I have been pulled up to before by a cop and asked, "where the front plate is..... just asking.... I may not ask next time."
The stock front plate holder wants you to drill in to the front bumper just under the driver side headlight and it covers the top half of the driver side intercooler, not to mention, no I'm not drilling into that bumper, and it is fugly where they want it to go.
[doublepost=1565277549][/doublepost]
Thank You, it is.
I could probably sit in the garage with a drink and just stare at it.
Actually it's happened.

Yea the TollTags drive me crazy!

I have a Tesla and refuse to put a front plate on and I am jinxing myself but no issues in 5 years in Texas. I know my time is coming though :(

Beautiful ride!

Reactions: mmomega

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Yea the TollTags drive me crazy!

I have a Tesla and refuse to put a front plate on and I am jinxing myself but no issues in 5 years in Texas. I know my time is coming though :(

Beautiful ride!
Thank You.
I have been eyeballing a Model S for so long. If this one goes I believe a Tesla is the next car for sure.

Here's to "them continuing to look the other way"

The thing more difficult to deal with than the toll tag, is the pollen in North Texas that turns any car a yellowish green hue anytime you go outside during our 11 months of spring/summer weather.

Reactions: Cnasty
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.