Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bandrews

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Is there any way to schedule the dark theme to come on at night as with iOS or do I need to keep manually toggling?

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
Since my 10 update I have had a messages is not responding pop up and a few other freezes in certain places. I also don't know if related but mms to s taking forever to send at times

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
So this is my main gripe about Pixels. Their cameras are best in the business. No contest. But they still leave useful day to day features out like swiping down anywhere for notifications.

But that’s what launchers are for, no?

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Does anyone on Android 10 who uses Instagram still have the ability to use it with the forced dark mode? Still light for me for the past couple of betas and the final version doesn't work on it either.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
So update on my Pixel 3 saga.
Got a notification for it to be delivered tomorrow. I'm not going to be home so will collect from the depot on Thursday.
And sell it immediately. :)

Let's hope Pixel 4 QC is better.

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
So finally got around to updating my XL 3 to full Android 10. For the 5.5mb update, it took it's time. So far I have not noticed too much difference from the last beta release.

I haven't rooted it yet either, mostly do to the pita to update.

What I have noticed is, I really haven't picked the device up to do much with aside from my usual video watching. I think this is because I don't want to deal with obtrusive ads ? (hey, new smilies!). Not sure how long it'll stay unrooted.

Kind of brings me to question of, why should I own a pixel if one is not going to root? This is what brought me to the Nexus / pixel line in the first place, rooting, ROMs and the like. Granted since the monthly "security updates" it's been almost annoying (glares at my desktop computers).

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
So finally got around to updating my XL 3 to full Android 10. For the 5.5mb update, it took it's time. So far I have not noticed too much difference from the last beta release.

I haven't rooted it yet either, mostly do to the pita to update.

What I have noticed is, I really haven't picked the device up to do much with aside from my usual video watching. I think this is because I don't want to deal with obtrusive ads (hey, new smilies!). Not sure how long it'll stay unrooted.

Kind of brings me to question of, why should I own a pixel if one is not going to root? This is what brought me to the Nexus / pixel line in the first place, rooting, ROMs and the like. Granted since the monthly "security updates" it's been almost annoying (glares at my desktop computers).

I’m not rooted and use AdGuard, I pay for premium and it blocks ads system wide. No need for root imo, not to block ads any way. Unless I’m missing something?

Reactions: slitherjef

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Finally got my Pixel 3 replacement on Thursday and sold it last night for £450.
Pretty chuffed with that seeing as I bought it for £485 new!

Definitely feeling the QC issues from Google now though. That's both the Pixel 2 and Pixel 3 that have been really troublesome for me.

Reactions: co.ag.2005

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
Finally got my Pixel 3 replacement on Thursday and sold it last night for £450.
Pretty chuffed with that seeing as I bought it for £485 new!

Definitely feeling the QC issues from Google now though. That's both the Pixel 2 and Pixel 3 that have been really troublesome for me.

Will you chance it again with the Pixel 4? Or has the experience put you off?

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Will you chance it again with the Pixel 4? Or has the experience put you off?

likely I will next year when the price drops.
like I say, I got the Pixel 3 in April for £485 which was a bargain and got my Pixel 2 in December 17 for £499 with a free Google Mini, so for me it’s always better to wait for the Pixels.

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
I’m not rooted and use AdGuard, I pay for premium and it blocks ads system wide. No need for root imo, not to block ads any way. Unless I’m missing something?

This is probably the best systemwide rootless option, but it will slow down your device. That’s just the nature of using a vpn.

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
This is probably the best systemwide rootless option, but it will slow down your device. That’s just the nature of using a vpn.

I’ve not noticed any slowing down of any devices I’ve Adguard on.

Its a local VPN that AdGuard creates on your device so all your traffic doesn’t have to be filtered through a remote server.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.