Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Before you get into bed with them,

Google CEO saying hauwei sends your data to China.

Hacking in the 90s stealing canadian tech.

Hacking in europe.

Devices built with backdoors.
Source: https://assets.publishing.service.g...HCSEC_Oversight_Board_Report_2018_-_FINAL.pdf

Additional Expert views.

Phones sending information back to China.

Gotta be crazy to be supporting a company like that imo, bad choice -- obvious by now you cannot trust or believe a company like them, they lied about Starcom in Iran to boot on record, all they do is lie.

“There’s no question that Huawei has engaged in some practices that are not acceptable in national security,” Schmidt said in a documentary to be aired on BBC radio.
“There’s no question that information from Huawei routers has ultimately ended up in hands that would appear to be the state,” he added. “However that happened, we’re sure it happened.”

He did not say that current smartphones being sold in the US are sending data back to China. His claim was quite vague with no evidence to back it. In the US data from your smartphone can also be shared with government, state and tracked (the irony and hypocrisy there).

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
“There’s no question that Huawei has engaged in some practices that are not acceptable in national security,” Schmidt said in a documentary to be aired on BBC radio.
“There’s no question that information from Huawei routers has ultimately ended up in hands that would appear to be the state,” he added. “However that happened, we’re sure it happened.”

He did not say that current smartphones being sold in the US are sending data back to China. His claim was quite vague with no evidence to back it. In the US data from your smartphone can also be shared with government, state and tracked (the irony and hypocrisy there).
I hope you can see all the data that is being said about Huawei and come to the conclusion that where there is enough smoke...there has to be a fire. Even if you don't want to believe there is a fire.

I agree that some data from my phone (i live in the US) ends up in the US government's data collection apparatus. BUT that is a far cry from the communist Chinese government that spies censors and suppresses its people.
There is no denying that Huawei spies using it's infrastructure products such as routers and switches and sends the data back to China. It has been proven that some Huawei phones are sending data back to China as well.

There is so much information out there if people just look.

Reactions: Plutonius

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
I hope you can see all the data that is being said about Huawei and come to the conclusion that where there is enough smoke...there has to be a fire. Even if you don't want to believe there is a fire.

I agree that some data from my phone (i live in the US) ends up in the US government's data collection apparatus. BUT that is a far cry from the communist Chinese government that spies censors and suppresses its people.
There is no denying that Huawei spies using it's infrastructure products such as routers and switches and sends the data back to China. It has been proven that some Huawei phones are sending data back to China as well.

There is so much information out there if people just look.

I get what you and others are saying. Huawei does have the capability and technology to spy on people. They also "like others" work with some governments around the world where they sell them spying technology tools. They can sell them with and without them. Does the fact that they sell them to some countries mean that all their devices have them. The US and Israel sell weapons and spying equipment to others around the world as well which spy on people. I do believe that many countries around the world probably request such equipment. The fact that some buy them from China and not the US or others probably irks some. China is run by a communist country and very most likely has backdoors and spy technology in many if not most local devices but when they export products to western countries that are sold to retail consumers I really doubt that they would be stupid enough to put such stuff into the retail products in western markets but if you asked me about items being sold regime run countries then yes I would believe it. There are no angels out there including Apple as Apple met half way with China and allowed for their cloud server to operate in China with a local back door to China but in the US and other countries you don't use China's cloud server so you don't have to worry about this ;) Huawei would not have offered to sign a no spy agreement with governments in countries overseas of which it wished to do business with.

Reactions: ramram55

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Like I have said many many time over.... The cost of doing business with China is a very security risk.

Chinese bank requires foreign firm to install app with covert backdoor
A multinational tech company gets schooled in the risks of doing business in China.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Like I have said many many time over.... The cost of doing business with China is a very security risk.

Chinese bank requires foreign firm to install app with covert backdoor
A multinational tech company gets schooled in the risks of doing business in China.

Which large multinational company was this..?

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
This is the reason Huawei and others should not be used to install 5G equipment

Researchers unearth malware that siphoned SMS texts out of telco’s network

The security firm said Messagetap belongs to APT41, one of several advanced persistent threat hacking groups that researchers say is sponsored by the Chinese government. The group is apparently using the malware to spy on high-ranking military and government officials. In a report, the researchers said the malware allows China’s intelligence services to obtain a wide range of sensitive data at scale.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
did you read the article? Any information you need would be there.
I did and I saw this

“A large, multinational technology company got a nasty surprise recently as it was expanding its operations to China.”

That does not say much.
[automerge]1593214820[/automerge]
This is the reason Huawei and others should not be used to install 5G equipment

Researchers unearth malware that siphoned SMS texts out of telco’s network

US and Israel also have similar programs in place. No..?

Last edited:

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I did and I saw this

“A large, multinational technology company got a nasty surprise recently as it was expanding its operations to China.”

That does not say much.
[automerge]1593214820[/automerge]

US and Israel also have similar programs in place. No..?
Hmmmm didn't see the US mentioned in the article.

You can read into the first article what you want....they don't want their name published as it is bad publicity.

Again...I have (and others) provided enough data in these threads for any reasonable person to come to the conclusion that Huawei spies for the communist government of China.
You have done nothing but try to deflect.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Hmmmm didn't see the US mentioned in the article.

You can read into the first article what you want....they don't want their name published as it is bad publicity.

Again...I have (and others) provided enough data in these threads for any reasonable person to come to the conclusion that Huawei spies for the communist government of China.
You have done nothing but try to deflect.
It's not deflecting I asked for a relevant reason. You deflected when I first asked. I was waiting for your reply in order to further discuss this but again you made a post and when asked about it you deflected. If you answer we can discuss this but remember that double standards are not cool ;)

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
It's not deflecting I asked for a relevant reason. You deflected when I first asked. I was waiting for your reply in order to further discuss this but again you made a post and when asked about it you deflected. If you answer we can discuss this but remember that double standards are not cool ;)
lol...not the first time you copy what I say back in your replies.
It shows you have nothing to discuss and would rather play word games.

There has been a veritable mountain of data that shows Huawei cannot be trusted. That they spy and steal IP property. That they are in bed with China to steal data from their customers.
There has been enough data posted in this thread and others that any reasonable person would come to the conclusions I have stated above.

You posted an article about Israel and spying and insinuated the the US was involved yet the article didn't mention the US...only Israel. That was you deflecting....

You can keep you head in sand and deflect and play word games. It won't change the facts.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
lol...not the first time you copy what I say back in your replies.
It shows you have nothing to discuss and would rather play word games.

There has been a veritable mountain of data that shows Huawei cannot be trusted. That they spy and steal IP property. That they are in bed with China to steal data from their customers.
There has been enough data posted in this thread and others that any reasonable person would come to the conclusions I have stated above.

You posted an article about Israel and spying and insinuated the the US was involved yet the article didn't mention the US...only Israel. That was you deflecting....

You can keep you head in sand and deflect and play word games. It won't change the facts.
I think you should start your own threads. One to bash China and one to bash Huawei instead of trolling other threads with posts deflecting from thread topic and “from replying to those who reply to your own quotes and posts.”

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I think you should start your own threads. One to bash China and one to bash Huawei instead of trolling other threads with posts deflecting from thread topic and “from replying to those who reply to your own quotes and posts.”
Maybe you could read the thread topic? Huawei is a Chinese company and everything I posted is factual.

If you have data to dispute anything I have posted ...then lets see it.
Not where you think others are doing the same things but actual DATA to dispute ANYTHING i have posted.

ANTAWNM26

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
Maybe you could read the thread topic? Huawei is a Chinese company and everything I posted is factual.

Not where you think others are doing the same things but actual DATA to dispute ANYTHING i have posted.

This is what’s crazy you both are right. It’s very ignorant of you to think the US is not doing the same. Eric Snowden? Man stop

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009

Post 405 is off topic. You deflected off topic by posting that post but out of courtesy I replied and asked you a question which you then continued to deflect on instead of answering. I am done with responding to you. Please start your own threads to bash China, Chinese companies and Huawei. Last but not least remember before posting that before you accuse Huawei of data theft that Google does the same.

I have never denied that "in China" Huawei does not do this just as "In America" Google along with others do this as well. In China, China collects and in the US the US collects. Pot calling Kettle black here again..

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
This is what’s crazy you both are right. It’s very ignorant of you to think the US is not doing the same. Eric Snowden? Man stop
Dude...read the thread before you make a assumption like that. I have admitted and said the same. Except that is not the thread title now is it? Then I would rather not support a very oppressive communist government that has committed so many human rights violations against its people.

So educate yourself first before making inaccurate assumptions about someone.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Despite the US nonsense they made their target, incredible
Huawei is still the world's largest phone maker but Samsung is catching up fast

The US may need to move fast to block as many Chinese OEMs as possible at this rate because it seems there are a few others waiting to take Huawei’s place in the next few years if they succeed in ending them.
4d966ae075bcf704d742524db79fda8f.jpg

They may need to drum up excuses as poor as the ones they did for banning Huawei and ZTE

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
The others are using Qualcomm chips are safe for now. Wait till they stop using. Then they are cheats and spies.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
The others are using Qualcomm chips are safe for now. Wait till they stop using. Then they are cheats and spies.
To the best of my knowledge Huawei did not refuse to buy Qualcomm chipsets from Qualcomm.

ANTAWNM26

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
Dude...read the thread before you make a assumption like that. I have admitted and said the same. Except that is not the thread title now is it? Then I would rather not support a very oppressive communist government that has committed so many human rights violations against its people.

So educate yourself first before making inaccurate assumptions about someone.

Smh who has committed more human rights violations than America in the name of Christianity. Smh lame ass excuse

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.