Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Exclusive: Newly obtained documents show Huawei role in shipping prohibited U.S. gear to Iran

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
Who cares if they are spying on you....
Woman knocked out for three days survived thanks to Huawei phone’s battery life

Last edited:

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Who cares if they are spying on you....
Woman knocked out for three days survived thanks to Huawei phone’s battery life
Absolute garbage story from a disgrace of a tabloid.

Reactions: Valbunny and jamezr

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
In the midst of human tragedies of the troubled world, an human life is saved is considered as faked news, something is wrong.

Reactions: Tsepz

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
^@Ramram55 - No....your story is garbage and made up. Do a real search on the open-source web....it doesn't exist.

Also, regarding your previous post, it fails to address what jamezr posted, which is ironic based on your above quote. Hauwei was found to be assisting a brutal regime know for its human right abuses.....and then you followed up with your subsequent post? If you are going to troll (and you have been for a while), try a little harder to hide it.

There is no doubt Hauwei is leading in 5g tech, but we are likely heading towards a divergent internet as authoritarian regimes chose Hauwei and more pro-democratic regimes go the other route. Either way you slice it, Hauwei is a shady company with questionable practices and their infrastructure poses a high risk to both the security of foreign communications, as well as the citizens themselves.

Alright, feel free to go back posting your nonsensical responses. If you do manage to source and put forward a well structure argument, then I will be more than happy to give you kudos for doing such.

Reactions: tbayrgs and jamezr

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
A device saves life and other one rip customer off with battery. A fake news something is sick to the stomach.
I am a clean and honest person let the phone spy on me as much as they like. Only when one company makes devices much advanced and one regime does not like it, give the dog a bad name and pressure as much power to others from using it. The lack of talent is the main culprit. Making the regime a laughing stock of the world.
Sensible person knows majority of Western European (pro democratic countries) and the world do favor Huawei equipment and devices.
I rest my case. No further comment.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: tbayrgs

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
It's not about being for or against Huawei where that story is concerned. So someone had some battery life on a phone, so let's all bow down to the manufacturer?

And maybe you need to be from England to appreciate how bad the Sun newspaper is. They could tell me water is wet and I'd want proof after how they handled Hillsborough.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
A device saves life and other one rip customer off with battery. A fake news something is sick to the stomach.
I am a clean and honest person let the phone spy on me as much as they like. Only when one company makes devices much advanced and one regime does not like it, give the dog a bad name and pressure as much power to others from using it. Making the regime a laughing stock of the world.
Sensible person knows majority of Western European (pro democratic countries) and the world do favor Huawei equipment and devices.
So them lets all praise Samsung by your low standards.....

A Paris man who was talking on the phone when a bomb went off says the Samsung device saved his life

Samsung Galaxy Mega saves man's life by stopping a bullet

Reactions: michael9891

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
More good news coming from Asian makers. Talents abound. Cannot compete and can only ban them, one who is arrogant considers oneself as Messiah, while others are devils. Period

Last edited:

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
I am a clean and honest person let the phone spy on me as much as they like. Only when one company makes devices much advanced and one regime does not like it, give the dog a bad name and pressure as much power to others from using it. The lack of talent is the main culprit. Making the regime a laughing stock of the world.

Was this in reply to me? I am not catching your argument.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamezr

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
This whole thing gets more hilarious by the day if the USA were actually serious there would be none of this at all:

US ban on Huawei pushed back to May 15th

President Trump signs bill to help rural carriers replace Huawei gear

U.S. again postpones high-level meeting on Huawei and China: sources

Reactions: ramram55

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
As the saying goes 'An elephant has two teeth, one to eat another for display', one hand needs to point other as devil, another to keep dollars coming.

Last edited:

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
As the saying goes 'An elephant has two, one to eat another for display', one hand needs dollar another to keep companies happy.

Lol, it’s insane. All this chat about a supposed threat and spying yet their actions are not really showing it.

If a company is such a big threat to your country, you would completely cut EVERYTHING with immediate effect, yet here the USA gov is doing a whole lot of lallygagging, pushing things back endlessly kind of like they are not sure.

What happened to being decisive on threats? Pure circus this whole thing!

Reactions: ramram55

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
What is really funny is how some here play both sides of the fence. How some complain that the US banned Huawei in the first place even though there is insurmountable indisputable evidence that show how shady this company really is.

Then when the US extends them courtesy so as to not completely destroy their business...that courtesy is used against them.
Then KNOWING the threat they pose and monitoring EVERYTHING they do is another thing as well. Being able to put controls in place to circumvent the security risk is what is happening behind the scenes.
Extending the licenses is more for the US businesses and to give notice to Huawei of what is to come.

Sales are already down 20%

Huawei expects a 20% drop in phone sales, thanks to lack of Google apps

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Reuters: U.S. lawmakers seek to curb Huawei's access to U.S. banks: document.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.