Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Just read an article that a corona virus is a Chinese revenge and isolate US for destroying Huawei.
Huawei have had their bottom line hurt but they've hardly been destroyed as you put it. In case you haven't noticed, the Coronavirus is affecting the entire world and not just the US.

Am not spreading, its 2020 millions of us can read it online so its not a rumour.
If something isn't a rumour, then it's a fact. Which you have absolutely no proof of. Maybe keep all this to the appropriate threads elsewhere on here.

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
The scientific evidence and opinions of the esteemed infectious disease researchers have debunked the rumour that it is man
made. Michael Osterholm is a leading epidemiologist and has said that as humans we aren't clever enough to have created a virus like this.

The covid 19 strain is 96% the same as viruses carried by bats in China.

Reactions: jamezr and tbayrgs

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
The scientific evidence and opinions of the esteemed infectious disease researchers have debunked the rumour that it is man
made. Michael Osterholm is a leading epidemiologist and has said that as humans we aren't clever enough to have created a virus like this.

The covid 19 strain is 96% the same as viruses carried by bats in China.

No, China didn’t engineer thus virus. That being said, it doesn’t rule out gain of function studies, or in-vitro mutations caused by studying the bat strain of the virus in-vitro grown in the presence of mammalian or human cells.

So you are correct, but the data is far from conclusive on where the virus originated and how it ended up in Wuhan. In the end, it doesn’t matter for the time being.

Reactions: MarkX

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
Cannot compete with Huawei, cannot ban them? Join them. Apple cannot compete without high standard 5G and still has to be 'assembled in China' and US tech companies have to sell parts to Huawei. All about profit nothing else. Forget about pride.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
The truth always comes out eventually

Huawei Personnel Worked With China’s Military on Research Projects

Several Huawei Technologies Co. employees have collaborated on research projects with Chinese armed forces personnel, indicating closer ties to the country’s military than previously acknowledged by the smartphone and networking powerhouse.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...rked-with-china-military-on-research-projects
For the record, Google does the same

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
For the record, Google does the same

I have to ask this question because of what you said in another Huawei thread. Do you or any close friends/relatives work for Huawei? You said you were providing Huawei the comments we provided to you about Huawei so that is why I ask.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
I have to ask this question because of what you said in another Huawei thread. Do you or any close friends/relatives work for Huawei? You said you were providing Huawei the comments we provided to you about Huawei so that is why I ask.
As I said in the other thread.

I don’t work for Huawei. Never have and never did. Many companies often take customer feedback into consideration. ;) I have sent feedback to Apple many times as well too and I don’t work for Apple either. The list goes on for many other companies,manufacturers,products,businesses and restaurants for which I had sent feedback to of which I don’t work for.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
As I said in the other thread.

I don’t work for Huawei. Never have and never did. Many companies often take customer feedback into consideration. ;) I have sent feedback to Apple many times as well too and I don’t work for Apple either. The list goes on for many other companies,manufacturers,products,businesses and restaurants for which I had sent feedback to of which I don’t work for.
You made it sound like you had a closer relationship than just some person submitting feedback :rolleyes:
When I see something bad from Huawei I will mention it and often not just mention it but escalate it to people working at Huawei to address.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
You made it sound like you had a closer relationship than just some person submitting feedback :rolleyes:
Yeah, just feedback. I have a friend who works for Apple as I have a friend who works for Huawei. Person who works for Huawei is a software engineer for them. Met him at trade show. I had a software bug which I wanted to report to have addressed. He fixed and addressed bug for me and we became friends. Nothing wrong with either one. I had a friend before who worked for HTC in Taiwan as well as I owned many HTC smartphones in the past.

Reactions: SocialKonstruct

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Not a good week for Huawei...

Alex W.

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2020
Good, let those scumbags burn. Karma is going to catch up for their corperate espionage and lying.

Reactions: jamezr

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
To accommodate with Apple phones to have 5G, by any mean necessary to get that over $1000 price range. Also to keep the MAGA person in the WH.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: SocialKonstruct

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Did you guys actual READ what it says or just gloss the headline?
It says cooperation on the 5G standards.. This is to write global 5G standards to cement development and continued to evolve technology standards.
Of course they will work with Huawei and all global companies that make 5G equipment!

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
To accommodate with Apple phones to have 5G, by any mean necessary to get that over $1000 price range. Also to keep the MAGA person in the WH.

What is insane to me is that they are willing to do any sort of work with a company they deemed not trustworthy

If they are as big of a threat as they claim they are they would have completely shut them out in every single way.

Let’s see what else they ease, this has been incredibly hilarious to watch though.

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
What is insane to me is that they are willing to do any sort of work with a company they deemed not trustworthy

If they are as big of a threat as they claim they are they would have completely shut them out in every single way.

Let’s see what else they ease, this has been incredibly hilarious to watch though.
Too late to get on the bus, trick play works. Wait till 6G comes out, they will cry uncle.
“This is not a friendly gesture by the US, but simply a reflection on its part that it is too late and too expensive for any country to develop its own 5G standard,” Jefferies equity analyst Edison Lee said on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tsepz

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Maybe read the docs next time and not just the headlines....

Like I said....you obviously know nothing about how standards are written and worked on.....

All companies work together to write standards by which technology products are made. Then they all agree on a standard then publish the standard..then make products that meet the standard. This way they all products are ensured to work together.

Standards form the fundamental building blocks for product development by establishing consistent protocols that can be universally understood and adopted. This helps fuel compatibility and interoperability and simplifies product development, and speeds time-to-market.

Alex W.

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2020
Before you get into bed with them,

Google CEO saying hauwei sends your data to China.

Hacking in the 90s stealing canadian tech.

Hacking in europe.

Devices built with backdoors.
Source: https://assets.publishing.service.g...HCSEC_Oversight_Board_Report_2018_-_FINAL.pdf

Additional Expert views.

Phones sending information back to China.

Gotta be crazy to be supporting a company like that imo, bad choice -- obvious by now you cannot trust or believe a company like them, they lied about Starcom in Iran to boot on record, all they do is lie.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.